Premed 101 Forums

Official UWO Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frick....waitlisted....even if it says: "No information about the wait list, including your position on the list or the speed at which we are going through the wait list, is available for public/private knowledge." Does that mean I can't call to ask...??? I really need to know if there is hope or not or if I should just forget dent and focus on masters....now the stress is on. :( :( :(

Are there some folks who aren't waitlisted? Did they categorize people into three groups (accepted, waitlisted, declined) or only two groups (accepted and waitlisted). This is really bumming me out.

Congrats Carfever... Time to torture fresh meat! j/k have fun and relax

hang in there allsmile. I don't think they give out exact position on the waitlist, they can tell you whether you are in the top half or bottom half of the waitlist. If bottom half, chances are very unlikely!

________

BONGS

I'm a second year student at UWO dents...If you play soccer let me know because we have an outdoor intramurals team. We did really well last year and we want to do awesome this year.

First year dents is awesome at UWO you have so much free time and work is so minimal guys. Not to mention the school as whole is pretty chilled and you won't regret picking up that drill right away :D.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Get pumped because first year is kickass!!!

Well...I just called Trish...and she told me that there are three groups that applicants could have been placed into....and she congratulated me for being waitlisted and said she was crossing her fingers...so does she know something I don't know? She wouldn't tell me where my position in the list was...I wonder if she would have told me if I was in the top or bottom half of the list. She also didn't tell me how long the waitlist was...so now I have no clue what to do. I guess I better start being more serious about doing a masters....

i got rejected, i expected to since i found out my interview score (average 26/35). oh well, luckily i got into UofT which was my first choice. Best of luck to the rest of you and i hope the waitlist comes through for you all. Congrats to the rest.

FYI: here is the letter i received:

The Admissions Committee met last Thursday, June 21, 2007, with the main aim to select the Class of 2011.

The strength of the applications in this year's applicant pool at Schulich Dentistry made this year's competition for seats in the first year class more intense than I've seen since I started in this position nine years ago.

The Dentistry Admissions Committee realizes that many well-qualified candidates will be turned down because of the limited number of offers that we can extend to our program. Unfortunately, you were not selected to fill any of the available places, and the wait list has been established.

I wish you well in your pursuit of your future desired academic and/or career path.

Sincerely,

thanks koft, i appreciate it. I am looking forward to staying put in toronto especially as an older candidate where all my friends and family remain. Best of luck with you as well. And for the rest of you, I loved western in undergrad its a great place to go, but as with many things home is where the heart is and thats why UofT was my first choice. Enjoy, its a chill social environment and a great program.

damn, ive been waitlisted! second year in a row!

for people who might not go to any dental school this year, what are your plans? I can only think of a 5th year of undergrad for myself, although ive graduated. Next year, im applying to all US schools. I have lost hope in Canada:(

Who else is the same boat as me??

Ok...i'm going to stick my neck out and post my stats...now looking at them it doesn't look that hot :( (no wonder I was waitlisted...just fell off cloud 9) I'm kinda upset that the second time I took the DAT I somehow screwed up big time on the reading section (I scored 24 on the U.S. reading...go figures) so now I'm stuck with my first round marks which were crap.

GPA: 85.1%

DAT: RC 19, BIO 18, CHM 16, PAT 16, Carv. 15

Interview: 31/35

damn, ive been waitlisted! second year in a row!

for people who might not go to any dental school this year, what are your plans? I can only think of a 5th year of undergrad for myself, although ive graduated. Next year, im applying to all US schools. I have lost hope in Canada:(

Who else is the same boat as me??

Yah...I'm in the same boat as you...just graduated with my HBsc. in Biology and Chem...and now looking at doing a masters (which I don't really want to have to do...) and a lot of them won't even look at me since they know research is not what I want to do in the future....really sucks

Archived