Premed 101 Forums

Official UWO Thread

a lot of people are counting on their current year marks to get them in; those will not be in before end of june for most people:)

i asked trish last year about this top 15 business. according to her, there is a certian trend. the top 15 applicants remain the top 15 even after current year marks are in for everyone. so, western decided to just inform them earlier.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish schools would stop playing games with us and just hurry up and get things figured out. Last year I knew someone who was on UWO's wait list, and they got their acceptance in the LAST WEEK OF AUGUST!! Come on people! I know some of the delays have to do with students picking schools, but if all the schools told us by May 1st then a lot of this nonsense would be straightened out.

BTW, has anyone gotten one of those early acceptances from UWO yet?

Hey guys,

I just have a question. How do I check the website for my status? I only have my interview login and my password, but it doesn't seem to work on that website. They also gave us a student number, but without a pin (that I can't get) I have no idea how to check. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Hey guys,

I just have a question. How do I check the website for my status? I only have my interview login and my password, but it doesn't seem to work on that website. They also gave us a student number, but without a pin (that I can't get) I have no idea how to check. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

https://www4.registrar.uwo.ca/secure/PIN/PINHelp.cfm

Let us know if anything shows up..

thanks lecture3waves for the link. Well I tried it and it says that it can't give me a pin. I put in my student number that they gave me in the student ID spot, then filled in the rest. I don't know why it's not working for me. Oh well I doubt I was one of the top 15 anyways but it's still frustruating not being able to log on :rolleyes: . Is everyone else able to log on? Thanks

Trish called me at work this afternoon but I was out. The post doc who answered the phone said to call her back or email her, but did not know what the phone call was about. I called her but she had already left for the day! She didn't send an email either :(

Did anyone else get a phone call? I'm thinking it's either 1) I failed the physiology challenge exam 2) They are missing some sort of required documentation from me or 3) a real, real long shot I got in.

thanks lecture3waves for the link. Well I tried it and it says that it can't give me a pin. I put in my student number that they gave me in the student ID spot, then filled in the rest. I don't know why it's not working for me. Oh well I doubt I was one of the top 15 anyways but it's still frustruating not being able to log on :rolleyes: . Is everyone else able to log on? Thanks

That's weird. It gave me my pin right away. I then I activated my account on the webpage linked to from the main sign in page. I put in my student number, pin, clicked accept on a disclamer and then was given a username, email, and password. I used the username (not student number) and password provided to sign into the student centre page.

That's weird. It gave me my pin right away. I then I activated my account on the webpage linked to from the main sign in page. I put in my student number, pin, clicked accept on a disclamer and then was given a username, email, and password. I used the username (not student number) and password provided to sign into the student centre page.

Im so confused with this!!....k I went to that webpage to get my pin...I got it, but then I'm confused what to do now. I tried putting in the student number and the pin for the myUWO site, and it didn't work. Where did you put in your student# and pin to accept a disclaimer and then get a username etc.??

thanks!

Okay, I realize my instructions weren't very clear so here's a step by step.

1. Go here to get your 4 digit pin number.

2. Enter the student number supplied in you interview invitation email as well at the pin obtained from #1 into this website. It will ask you to accept a disclamer. I you accept, you will be given an email, username, and password.

3. Use the username and password from #3 to sign in here

Okay, I realize my instructions weren't very clear so here's a step by step.

1. Go here to get your 4 digit pin number.

2. Enter the student number supplied in you interview invitation email as well at the pin obtained from #1 into this website. It will ask you to accept a disclamer. I you accept, you will be given an email, username, and password.

3. Use the username and password from #3 to sign in here

Thank you!! Those instructions were perfect - it worked! Question though - how did you know to do all this? The only link I was given was to register for a time for my interview!

• 4 weeks later...
How many of you are holding out for UWO?? This wait is "killing" me...there are so many plans I'll need to do in so little time. Can we only apply for financial aid once we are accepted?

I am (but you already know that! :D )

After going through the waiting process so many times, you'd think you'd become numb to it, but you don't!!!

You can apply for financial aid right now, and if you do, they'll tell you what you can expect along with your letter of acceptance.

Archived