Premed 101 Forums

2009-2010 Secondaries

I don't have a VCU Secondary yet, and VCU said they received my primary app on July 16. For those of you who don't have a secondary yet, do you still have the status: "The School of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University on the Medical College of Virginia Campus has received your preliminary application from AMCAS. Your application will be reviewed. Decisions are made at that point as to which candidates will be granted supplemental application from us. It has always been our committee's policy to grant supplemental applications to those candidates who are deemed competitive within our applicant pool."

It's weird cause when I was browsing the sdn forums, someone had been rejected pre-secondary and their status had changed.

Yep I have the same message. I guess OOS are evaluated after IS and INTs even after OOS.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody gotten Wayne's secondary? I was verified with AMCAS on july 21. if you did please tell me when you were verified.

i'm still getting secondaries though. today I got AECOM and yesterday Vandi acknowledged receipt of my primary and will let me know if i will be given a secondary or not. (I also got rejected from EVMS.. first rejection lol)

anybody gotten Wayne's secondary? I was verified with AMCAS on july 21. if you did please tell me when you were verified.

i'm still getting secondaries though. today I got AECOM and yesterday Vandi acknowledged receipt of my primary and will let me know if i will be given a secondary or not. (I also got rejected from EVMS.. first rejection lol)

Yeah I got Wayne. Verified on July 20th.

Hey for AECOM....they ask for US Mailing address...what's up with that? It shows me error if I don't put anything down. Do they not accept Canadians?

I also got Wayne on July 27, verified AMCAS July 16th.

Hey musicaldna, i called in to ask about the US Mailing address for AECOM, the person told me to put N/A in the categories, and i guess 00 or XX in the state, and to put your address in the home and foreign address sections.

I also got Wayne on July 27, verified AMCAS July 16th.

Hey musicaldna, i called in to ask about the US Mailing address for AECOM, the person told me to put N/A in the categories, and i guess 00 or XX in the state, and to put your address in the home and foreign address sections.

ahhh...thanks a ton!

Aren't bank drafts expensive? $15 bucks? For say paying a $100 fee app that sucks right?

But if I have a US chequeing account, thats fine right?

If you're friends with the bank manager they can waive the fee for you...or if you're near the border, Wal-Marts in the US sell money orders for about $0.20.

Have any of you guys heard anything from VCU? They acknowledged my application almost a month ago, but my status page still says I'm being screened for a secondary.

says the same for me, not sure what they're doing but the US students have already been granted secondaries and most have already been rejected or given invites.

Aren't bank drafts expensive? $15 bucks? For say paying a $100 fee app that sucks right?

But if I have a US chequeing account, thats fine right?

I'm sure the US chequing account is perfectly fine. As for the bank draft/money order, I went to TD today and got mine. The fee is $7.50, but the person waived it for me..must be my charm :rolleyes:

Archived