Premed 101 Forums

2009-2010 Secondaries

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For Wayne, in the email it says one month

For AECOM, I ended up going on the website and doing it myself.

Wayne is 4 weeks (so was UofConnecticut, but I just took that as a month). I think if you are a few days here or there, it does not really matter. I called Wayne on the day it was due asking if I mail on that day will it be okay, and they sounded perfectly fine with it.

I do remember AECOM taking long before sending out their secondary.

By the way anyone heard from Uof Minn Twin Cities campus?

I haven't heard anything since the time I paid the fee....they said they will let me know but its been over 1 month now...

I just got an email from Columbia saying my application is complete and will be reviewed. I submitted everything at the end of June. So umm, WTH?? :confused:

Anybody have this happen?

I think they just started reviewing! people on SDN hasn't really been hearing from them either... and of course you have to send in that picture and I'm sure that takes forever for them to sort through!

I just got an email from Columbia saying my application is complete and will be reviewed. I submitted everything at the end of June. So umm, WTH?? :confused:

Anybody have this happen?

Same. I also submitted my application in June/July and just got the complete email. Don't worry, you're not alone!

I received the secondary for U of Minnesota yesterday. Just wondering, with regards to this question on the secondary: If you did not designate Minnesota as your state of legal residence on your AMCAS application, briefly describe any ties that you might have to this state. If you are a Minnesota resident, please enter N/A.

Do they even accept students that are OOS or International with NO ties to Minnesota? I know they have a preference for in-state, but this question makes it seem like they don't accept you if you don't have ties.

I received the secondary for U of Minnesota yesterday. Just wondering, with regards to this question on the secondary: If you did not designate Minnesota as your state of legal residence on your AMCAS application, briefly describe any ties that you might have to this state. If you are a Minnesota resident, please enter N/A.

Do they even accept students that are OOS or International with NO ties to Minnesota? I know they have a preference for in-state, but this question makes it seem like they don't accept you if you don't have ties.

Doesn't seem hopeful...Minnesota is the place to be because they have doctor friendly laws about malpractice insurance. In one of our lectures some lawyer pulled these stats and OB/gyn premiums in Minnesota averaged only like $10k/yr, whereas the highest was $275k/yr in Florida.

This is strange as one of my friends received an interview here last year. I don't think she had any ties with the state.

BTW, trickybox when did you get the email from UofM confirming the receipt of your AMCAS? I got it on Jul 27th and I am still waiting for the secondary. I am afraid I may have been screened out.

This is strange as one of my friends received an interview here last year. I don't think she had any ties with the state.

BTW, trickybox when did you get the email from UofM confirming the receipt of your AMCAS? I got it on Jul 27th and I am still waiting for the secondary. I am afraid I may have been screened out.

Well interviews are a lot easier to give out than acceptances I guess? Was your friend eventually accepted too?

I got the UofM confirmation e-mail Jul 24th, so it's probably just a matter of them sending out secondaries in batches.

Ugh, just turned in a Dean of Student's evaluation at school.... I thought a certain person was going to fill it out but it turns out that someone else will and she does not like me..... I had all kinds of problems signing up for classes as a post-bac and she was always the one to deal with me on that. I'm kind of nervous about that. :(

Well interviews are a lot easier to give out than acceptances I guess? Was your friend eventually accepted too?

I got the UofM confirmation e-mail Jul 24th, so it's probably just a matter of them sending out secondaries in batches.

She didn't get in. She applied in late 2008 and was interviewed in spring 2009. Also, she was not a citizen of Canada but a PR.

For Columbia's secondary!

When they ask "What collegiate extracurricular acitivities", do I only include the ECs that were university related?

Or do I include things done in the community, such as hospitals or library volunteer?

Thanks!

I think it's alright to include all the extracurricular activities done while you are a full-time student during the school year. I doubt that they all necessarily have to be 'university related'.

Did you guys put dates or descriptions for these things? Or just a straightforward list with commas?

i.e. Hospital volunteer, children's camp, frosh leader

The lady over the phone told me that you can just list them and if they really wanted to know more, they can look at your primary (even though some of my activities were minor enough that weren't on my primary...) I think if you put a "title" that's descriptive enough you should be ok...

Guest viscous
hey guys, is it too late to submit secondaries? i feel like ive waited so long to try and start/complete them there is no poit anymore and im flsuhing $ down the drain, esp being Cdn

I think we are not too late but we have missed a significant advantage that we could have utilized.

hey guys, is it too late to submit secondaries? i feel like ive waited so long to try and start/complete them there is no poit anymore and im flsuhing $ down the drain, esp being Cdn

I haven't gotten any secondaries in yet and haven't gotten a LOR in yet either. I guess I am feeling a little reluctant, because my Aug 14 MCAT result has some of my apps on hold. Regardless, I have passed screen with my terrible GPA and old MCAT and I still feel I have a chance. I would say go for it if you are confident in yourself. My advice is to make yourself as attractive to each school as possible. My nose will be so brown by December.

did you JUST get minnesota??

ive been waiting for their 2ndary app for a while,..they just told me t keep waiting lol

yes i JUST got minnesota

and i don't have any ties to the state of minnesota :( ... i wonder if this means i hafta turn it into a why minny essay

:hopesto get it all done by fri:

Archived