Premed 101 Forums

2009-2010 Secondaries

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I finally got the VCU application also. I noticed this in the instructions:

"If you are a permanent resident of the US or Canada you must submit a copy of your permanent resident card by mail or email to complete your file."

Do you think this statement only refers to those who are not Canadian or US citizens, but have permanent resident status? Or do we all have to mail in some proof of residency?

did anyone fill out the optional essay on Jefferson? I am just going to leave it blank.

I left it blank... Got an interview so I guess it's not a big deal. My PS is probably the best thing in my app so I didn't want to ruin it with a half-assed optional essay. :)

did anyone fill out the optional essay on Jefferson? I am just going to leave it blank.

In contrast to Rach, I wrote why I wanted to go to Jefferson in 500 characters and I received an interview as well.... so I honestly don't think it matters too much.

I left the Jefferson optional essay blank too. Also, I wasn't able to satisfy all the specific LOR requirements they wanted (bio, physics, chem, etc). I guess it doesn't matter if they were willing to give an interview.

I didn't satisfy that requirement either but they obviously don't care too much since they let us explain our lack of letters. I like that about them. :)

Guest viscous

I was AMCAS verified on 06-08 but still have not received secondaries from AECOM, Rosalind, UConn, East Virginia and Wake Forest. No clue what is going on.

I was AMCAS verified on 06-08 but still have not received secondaries from AECOM, Rosalind, UConn, East Virginia and Wake Forest. No clue what is going on.

Out of those I applied to RF and WF. RF sent me their secondary on July 29, the day I was verified... So def check with them.

For Wake, I did get their secondary, but this is one of the schools that screens. So a lot of people get cut before getting the secondary. Check your status on the site, they are good about updating it. HTH

Guest viscous

For GW secondary pre-requisite course work, do I enter the course titles as they appear on AMCAS application or my transcripts beacuse of the addition of "and Lab" factor in AMCAS app? And do I enter the letter grade on verified AMCAS or the one on my transcript?

Guest viscous
Out of those I applied to RF and WF. RF sent me their secondary on July 29, the day I was verified... So def check with them.

For Wake, I did get their secondary, but this is one of the schools that screens. So a lot of people get cut before getting the secondary. Check your status on the site, they are good about updating it. HTH

thanks. which site? the one I have asks for EmplID and Application Nbr in addition to my last name. Not sure what those first two things are.

thanks. which site? the one I have asks for EmplID and Application Nbr in addition to my last name. Not sure what those first two things are.

Yeah the status page is the one that asks for your ID and Nbr. You should have gotten an email with those numbers....

Guest viscous
Yeah the status page is the one that asks for your ID and Nbr. You should have gotten an email with those numbers....

No i have not. Is it because AMCAS still has not received one of my LORs?

Mount Sinai asks if we've applied to med school before. Should I just put down no for canadian schools (I have applied twice and will also apply this year)

I was confused for this one. But I decided to include Canadians ones. I was afraid that they may ask about applying to Canadian schools at the interviews....

musicaldna, I think you were one of a few of us who are applying to kentucky. Did you do their secondary? Jesus, I'm on essay 7 at the moment and in all I think I have close to 6 pages single spaced for this thing. :mad:

Oh I decided not to apply...I was trying hard to shorten down by school list when token mentioned that they rarely accept internationals.

I may add it later if I got time.

Oh I decided not to apply...I was trying hard to shorten down by school list when token mentioned that they rarely accept internationals.

I may add it later if I got time.

Oh ok. Well for what it's worth I've heard that for UK it's pretty important to get things in early. Think hard before applying, I'm now at 7 pages for the secondary. :eek:

Archived