Premed 101 Forums

Get Microsoft Office 2007 for $64 if you're a student ($900 value)

Jochi1543

i can't click the windows 7 upgrade link :confused:

http://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=ContinueShopping&SiteID=msshca&Locale=en_CA&Env=BASE&resid=Gb3d2goHAj0AACfCWLoAAAAD&rests=1257062628437

I suspect this deal is due to the impending Microsoft Office 2010, which will be "released during spring 2010, and a public beta to show up in November 2009"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_2010

Deal has been around for a while (since 2 years ago). Microsoft just trying to treat their students well (and hoping not all convert to OS X)

The annoyingness is that Office 2008 for Mac sucks compared to Office 2007 for PC and I haven't been able to find a good replacement for Office 2007. Way to get people to stick with windows :(. Hopefully the next iteration of Office Mac will be closer to if not better than its PC cousin.

Can't blame microsoft for not putting out a version of office that work as well on one of their biggest threats :)

Can't blame microsoft for not putting out a version of office that work as well on one of their biggest threats :)

I know. I just wish Apple would step up to the plate and make an office suite that would blow microsoft out of the water. Pages sucks and so do numbers and keynote. I wish someone there cared about my opinion :( Until then I will boot into Windows whenever I have a big office job.

I know. I just wish Apple would step up to the plate and make an office suite that would blow microsoft out of the water. Pages sucks and so do numbers and keynote. I wish someone there cared about my opinion :( Until then I will boot into Windows whenever I have a big office job.

Don't worry Google is working on it. Soon you will be able to access everything wonderfully from everywhere with an equivalent word processor to word.

Take that microsoft!

oh I forgot to mention, that will be free software as well :)

oh wait, and don't forget OpenOffice.

I've used both openoffice and googledocs but they are in no way equivalent to the intuitive and pretty powerful office 2007. I'm not saying office 2007 is amazing with no problems (it's the most buggy program that WILL crash any time you are relying on it), but I really think it's user friendly and useful. I don't like having to search for ways to do basic functions.

Also, one major thing- office 2007 can compress pictures so your file isn't enormous. No mac word processing programs seem able to do that, so when I have graphic heavy files they end up as 50mb, whereas the equivalent file on a pc would be only 1 or 2.

When I switched to office 2007 it took me one or two days to learn how to use it well. I've had office 2008 for mac for a few months and I still don't get how to do basic things. FAIL :(

Archived