Premed 101 Forums

OFFICIAL countdown to May 14th

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was the email obvious as to what the news was?

"Congratulations!"

"With regrets,"

?

Yes.

U of A:

Subject: UofA Offer to Medicine Program

Congratulations!

We are pleased to announce you are being offered a position to the MD program at the University of Alberta commencing August 31, 2009.

U of C:

Subject: Yahoo!

Dear ___,

Congratulations! I am very pleased to inform you that the admissions committee wishes to offer you acceptance into the Class of 2012. I hope you will accept and join what will certainly be a fantastic group of young physicians...

As you can see, the U of C is pretty happy to have you, the U of A is pretty much all business :) but yes, you will know within half a second of getting that email

Wow, I thought that using "Yahoo" as the subject was merely a joke. Didn't know that I will know my fate just by looking at the subject line.

So what's the subject for rejection e-mail? so I can prepare myself for that

Yes.

U of A:

Subject: UofA Offer to Medicine Program

Congratulations!

We are pleased to announce you are being offered a position to the MD program at the University of Alberta commencing August 31, 2009.

U of C:

Subject: Yahoo!

Dear ___,

Congratulations! I am very pleased to inform you that the admissions committee wishes to offer you acceptance into the Class of 2012. I hope you will accept and join what will certainly be a fantastic group of young physicians...

As you can see, the U of C is pretty happy to have you, the U of A is pretty much all business :) but yes, you will know within half a second of getting that email

Hmmm....this begs the question of what the subject line reads if you aren't accepted. Some suggestions: "Boohoo- sucks to be you"; "Best be praying the waitlist moves"; "With your interview skills have you considered a career as a Chartered Accountant"!

Hmmm....this begs the question of what the subject line reads if you aren't accepted. Some suggestions: "Boohoo- sucks to be you"; "Best be praying the waitlist moves"; "With your interview skills have you considered a career as a Chartered Accountant"!

LMAO! This reminds me of that Monty Python skit!

That's where I got it from, of course ;)

"Our experts describe you as an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful. And whereas in most professions these would be considerable drawbacks, in chartered accountancy they are a positive boon."

That's where I got it from, of course ;)

"Our experts describe you as an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful. And whereas in most professions these would be considerable drawbacks, in chartered accountancy they are a positive boon."

Hahahahha!!! Oh I love you mildoc1. :)

OH p.s. This means 26 days for the OMSAS ppl! yea-yah! Arrgh...waiting sucks...but patience is a virtue...or so they say.

Archived