Premed 101 Forums

American Applications 2010 General Discussion

Wisconsin also wanted something similar to this... for the dean of the grad program to "be aware" that I am applying. I've emailed my dean an dtold him it's just basically a paragraph and he doenst need to go into too much detail. hoping he can get it done soon

my plan for tomorrow: rosalind franklin, tulane, vcu, jefferson,gwu :( they never end

BTW, if you read the Boston U supplementary form checklist it doesn't say anything about the letter from the grad director... so I'm going to just ignore that unless they bring it up. I'll make sure to get the departmental head signature.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For BU, how did you do the prereq grid? did you list every single bio course you've ever taken or jsut 1 for the required?

Hmm I was confused about that too, but since BIO @ UWO was very particular, I had only taken intro bio... all other sciency courses were considered medical science. As long as I made sure the pre-reqs were covered, I don't think it matters. ;)

maybe it's not letting you submit cuz you copy and pasted your answer? they specifically say it causes problems if you copy and paste. makes me wonder why :P

That might be why actually. God, I'm not retyping that all... that's so stupid. lol

Hi guys,

Im still doing my primaries, and was wondering in the "works/activities" section do we list our contacts phone number/email anywhere besides just their name? Are we supposed to post that info in the paragraph that describes the activity cuz i dont see anywhere wherellse where i could place that info.

You actually are supposed to list them in the app as future courses. Once you enter the course code, name, and credit hours, beneath it there are little boxes you can tick off. One says future/upcoming course or something like that. That way the schools have an idea you are going to complete the pre-reqs.

Awesome! Thanks a lot :)

Ok, so far I obviously have not started any of my pre-req courses for american schools that i plan to take at ryerson univ (my home university is UofT), so do i check "yes" or "no" for the section that asks if a transcript is required by amcas?

One more thing, I am not entirely sure exactly where I will be taking my pre-req courses because it all depends on how much space will be left in classes after priority enrollemtn ends. So if ryerson's classes get packed, then i will probably end up taking courses at utm or uoft (st.george). In that case, I will likely have to change my course information, and I can just easily do that through the Academic Change Request form, correct?

Also when I am entering the courses I will be taking in the future (at ryerson/utm), do I list my "year in school" as "postbachlorette undergrad" ?

Hi guys,

Im still doing my primaries, and was wondering in the "works/activities" section do we list our contacts phone number/email anywhere besides just their name? Are we supposed to post that info in the paragraph that describes the activity cuz i dont see anywhere wherellse where i could place that info.

You don't list numbers, it's not one of the spots on the application. I guess they will contact you if they want to verify things.

Awesome! Thanks a lot :)

Ok, so far I obviously have not started any of my pre-req courses for american schools that i plan to take at ryerson univ (my home university is UofT), so do i check "yes" or "no" for the section that asks if a transcript is required by amcas?

One more thing, I am not entirely sure exactly where I will be taking my pre-req courses because it all depends on how much space will be left in classes after priority enrollemtn ends. So if ryerson's classes get packed, then i will probably end up taking courses at utm or uoft (st.george). In that case, I will likely have to change my course information, and I can just easily do that through the Academic Change Request form, correct?

Also when I am entering the courses I will be taking in the future (at ryerson/utm), do I list my "year in school" as "postbachlorette undergrad" ?

The "future courses" are not for sure things. If plans change, that is fine - it's not a contract if you list it, that you actually have to do it when it is listed. It says that in AMCAS manual. :)

Hi guys, I just started my application and attended UofT downtown campus. I just want to make sure I am doing this right. For the AMCAS transcript request form, all I need to do is print it out and hand it in at Sidney Smith?

Yes, either that or you may also fax it to them with a cover letter indicating that it must be included with the transcript. I did the latter since it was easier for me.

Yes, either that or you may also fax it to them with a cover letter indicating that it must be included with the transcript. I did the latter since it was easier for me.

Thanks for the quick response! Ill probably just head downtown myself and make sure they get it. I always prefer to hand something in person :)

quick Q:

If your referee is uploading the LOR, how do they include letterhead and the signature? Do most of them scan the letter and upload? I don't think my referee is savvy enough to include signature electronically lol:p

Yeah, you can do it either way as long as it's in PDF format.

I'm sure profs will somehow figure it out? If not...you'll find out the hard way when the school emails you to tell you that your letter isn't satisfactory :P

So I have been verified for a few days now, but I don't see my AMCAS GPA anywhere. Where do I find it? :| lol.. Did I make a mistake when entering grades, because I put in the letter grade (i.e., A) and not the numerical grade (i.e., 85).

Yeah, you can do it either way as long as it's in PDF format.

I'm sure profs will somehow figure it out? If not...you'll find out the hard way when the school emails you to tell you that your letter isn't satisfactory :P

:eek:

maybe I'll show them how to do it..

Sigh... how many hours/day did u guys spend working on the secondaries?

I'm crazily swamped with work at the moment (research + putting up a paper) - haven't started on any secondaries AT ALL yet . The next 2 weeks is going to kill me....

Sigh... how many hours/day did u guys spend working on the secondaries?

I'm crazily swamped with work at the moment (research + putting up a paper) - haven't started on any secondaries AT ALL yet . The next 2 weeks is going to kill me....

:( I can relate. I have a paper going on, and I just got comments back from another paper I submitted 6 weeks ago so I'm working on doing some minor revisions to resubmit that at the same time too, and it's so frigging hard. I'm doing my best though. I'm glad I have a handful submitted finally. Try your best to really budget your time hardcore and give yourself a few hours to work on things. You're going to have to sacrifice a bit of what you might enjoy doing though, ugh, this is really stressful. Look @ the ones that are easiest to handle and work on those first. Some are really brief secondaries, just questoinaires and then you're ready.

I basically didn't work at all the last two weeks, and spent all my time on secondaries. I had to feed my cultures every once in a while, but I figured I can't really work well with all these secondaries on my mind

Yeah, my supervisors would kill me if I did that. I'm trying to sneak in some secondary work while I write papers and run experiments, it's been crazy. Hopefully I can get a few more out by the weekend.

So although I haven't been verified yet, I received a couple of secondaries which I have pretty much completed now. So as soon as I'm verified (hopefully this week!) my files will be deemed complete at these schools because 3 letters have been received by AMCAS.

My problem is that I also have a 4th letter I would like to send to schools but my Referee is on sick leave and hasn't responded to any emails for the last couple of weeks (she did originally agree to mail a letter for me).

Should I delete that referee letter from these schools so that I'm considered complete as soon as I'm verified??

Just finished both Chicago essays (I know, major reach school for me lol, especially considering they've already started granting interviews). We'll see though. Will edit later today and submit. On to Pitts and Pennsylvania... ahh.

My app is on hold at Boston U until the chair of my dept signs the letter and it gets sent.

So although I haven't been verified yet, I received a couple of secondaries which I have pretty much completed now. So as soon as I'm verified (hopefully this week!) my files will be deemed complete at these schools because 3 letters have been received by AMCAS.

My problem is that I also have a 4th letter I would like to send to schools but my Referee is on sick leave and hasn't responded to any emails for the last couple of weeks (she did originally agree to mail a letter for me).

Should I delete that referee letter from these schools so that I'm considered complete as soon as I'm verified??

Hmm, I don't think you can delete a referee letter... can you? I would delete it if the letter is not crucial. It always helps to have more people sing the praises though...

For the record, you can delete a letter. it will simply be labelled as "no longer sending" and will not cause delays in your actual application. If in the odd case, the person ends up mailing the letter to amcas anyways, it WILL be sent to the schools it was assigned to.

Whoo Finally Verified!

Archived