Premed 101 Forums

Sept 3, anyone anyone?

LostLamb

Just wondering if I am the lone PM101'r writing on the Friday before the long weekend?

So far studying has been dismal at best...wish I were further ahead, wish my memory was better, wish it was over! Alas, we all have to deal with this ugly monster sometime (although when I dealt with it 7 years ago I hoped it would be my last MCAT experience!).

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am writing on Sep 3rd!!! I am trying to study a bit of each subject every day and in the same order as they appear on the MCAT (that is physical then verbal then writing then bio). I am sooo looking forward for this to be over but at the same time, I am not ready for that day to come yet! Oh gosh, the emotional roller coaster...anyway, good luck everyone and WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Im really questioning my sanity on choosing to write this. I decided to write the MCAT on a whim and that was a week and a half ago. So in essence I will have studied for the MCAT for approximately 2.5 weeks. GAH. Im pretty well kicking myself for this atm. :(

lol - i am in the same boat - i have been working all summer and only have had four weeks off to really study. But meh, if i have to write it again i will. The question is,why the heck would you decide the write the MCAT 'on a whim'? I have been avoiding it all these years and still do not want to write :(

lol - i am in the same boat - i have been working all summer and only have had four weeks off to really study. But meh, if i have to write it again i will. The question is,why the heck would you decide the write the MCAT 'on a whim'? I have been avoiding it all these years and still do not want to write :(

I would have loved the mcat if it didn't have the verbal section :o

I, too, am writing the exam with less than ideal amount of time to study. Life takes it turns and twists and then suddenly you find the exam is at your doorstep!!!

I am still thinking to myself 'I have the better part of 3 weeks to study' so I am going at it steadily but never as fast as I would like. I have no choice, i have to write it and...if all else fails...I will just rewrite it again in January if the results are not to my liking. Gotta think positive and go with the flow at this point.

Going to start doing mostly practise based studying this week and leading up to the exam. It is more important, I think, to know the types of questions and the timing then to go through all the content alone. I also am working on fixing my sleep schedule...currently I wake up at 11am every day and go to sleep by 2am. Need to back that up a few hours or else I won't be writing at all:D

sooo....i don't know how any of you guys are doing it but i am soo slow when it comes to doing the questions - i've been focussing on strengthening the concepts and wrote the first practise exam today (i write sep 3rd). Well, it is looking as if i won't be able to even finish the first section in time :( I am planning to write the practise exams everyday for the next two weeks and go over concepts - do you think i have a fighting chance to improve for speed for tackling questions?

My weakest area is physical sciences (more so physics than chem) and it being the first section - it really hits my morale and pace - i'm doomed :(

hey all I'm also writing on the 3rd... It seems like no matter what I do I just can't remember everything I'm studying which is quite frustrating :S Just hoping for a good score to push me into the accepted pool this round. Good luck everyone!

The only thing that is keeping me sane is that worst case scenario I can keep my 32R. Definitely started studying 2 weeks ago, and will continue my 36 hour a week job until Weds Sept 1.

@Lost Lamb - I feel ya buddy, It's been 4 years since I last took it and I get bunged up on the silliest things (Trig and Acid base chemistry - really???) Give me a question on Dialysis any day!

I decided i'd try for medicine one last time, thats how the whim came to be. My parents are giving the "you're getting older and you dont have a future" speech. So I dont know if there's ever a time where i'll just know I cant do medicine, as far as im concerned - it's all i've ever wanted to do. But I cant afford the international med school route and I hear its tough to get back and practice medicine after that.

my lack of time is getting to me, I've started doing practice tests, got a long way to go!

I decided i'd try for medicine one last time, thats how the whim came to be. My parents are giving the "you're getting older and you dont have a future" speech. So I dont know if there's ever a time where i'll just know I cant do medicine, as far as im concerned - it's all i've ever wanted to do. But I cant afford the international med school route and I hear its tough to get back and practice medicine after that.

my lack of time is getting to me, I've started doing practice tests, got a long way to go!

if your heart is in medicine, then don't do anything else....i am an international student and competing to get into Canada but if i don't, I will go elsewhere. Mind you, my parents will likely disown me as they don't believe i should live away from home and there will be a lot of drama but heck, i shall deal with all that just so i can do what will keep me happy - so don't give up!! Get a loan, be in debt and be a doctor - worry about getting back etc later!!! Who knows by the time you graduate, Canada may have programs to integrate foreign trained docs into the system - so stay positive :D

The countdown is nearing the end... only 7 more days :eek: .. Don't really know how to feel about it...

I'm just trying to do a lot of practice questions and the practice tests... Just trying to see where I'm making my mistakes so I can make some adjustments I guess... Stressss

At this point, verbal is the only thing that i think I know...

I feel like a failure at the rest. Crap crap crap...and to whomever is getting 40+ on the AAMC...quit rubbing it in!

lol j/k, I am glad some of you are well prepared.

In other news, my car is in for insurance repairs and I am on my 3rd rental car this week. I have been upgraded to a Volvo...I am gonna be cruising to that exam in style :cool:

Archived