Premed 101 Forums

Sept 3, anyone anyone?

LostLamb

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished afternoon sitting... I thought the PS was simply ridiculous! There were like 2-3 passages on EM! VR was okay I guess... I dunno, one always feels like crap after VR so I guess this wasn't new. The writing prompts were really hard IMO. I really had to think to get the examples down.

BS though...BS was...AWESOME! I thought the entire section was simply amazing (minus one passage about some weird cancer drug). I was so happy with the evolution passage :D (GO 1st YEAR BIO UofT!!!). And the Orgo passages/questions were really easy too :)

I wrote the afternoon sitting in toronto.

I have to say the PS was physics intensive but not as bad as i thought it could have been although I went right down to the wire.

VR seemed to be fair but long although pretty straight forward questions. I found the topic on Artist and his painting abit odd to follow.

BS i found again wasn't extremely bad. It seemed to be alot of passage based questions but there were quite afew complete give aways I think.

Hopefully everyone did great and let the 30 day wait commence.

Yep.

How was the afternoon sitting for you takashi?

PS was typical stuff, although it is my best section (high of 13 and low of 11 in 3 tries). I forgot some equations so I probably missed out on 2-3 freebies but overall not that bad.

Verbal - I think it went pretty well overall. I most likely scored a 10 and small chance of 11. I am afraid the curve is going to not friendly as well and probably need a high score to get an 11.

Writing - Prompts were repeats from the list I think. I needed 1 more sentence to finish the first prompt but ran out of time.

Bio - It was really easy (I finished with 16 minutes left!). The evolution one actually gave me the most trouble. The cancer one was relatively easy for me because I spent a whole course learning about those specific proteins mentioned lol. I think a lot of people are going to score well and the curve will not be friendly.

Overall the easiest mcat that I have written, although depending on the curve may or may not be the best.

Glad to hear everyone felt fairly good about the exam. I wrote the afternoon sitting in Toronto as well but had the most horrid experience in writing it as my computer crashed not once, not twice, but 3 times!!!. Granted that no time was docked but it definitely threw my concentration off. Hopefully, I still did well enough in each of the sections...

Afternoon batch...

Physics honestly was tough in my opinion. The passages were long and too much physics to my liking ( I prefer G chem ). I still remember vague hiccups like the electricity passage with resistivity etc. What is the oxidative number of a bromine radical? I know silly..but I never thought of it :( . On top of things I ran out of time and had to guess on the stupid train passage...ARGH!

Verbal was okay pretty expected.

Prompts = awesome!

Biology was easier than most tests...didn't like the evolution passage as much but the rest was fine ... i think.

For the 2 PM test:

Did anyone else think that there was an error in the last 2 graphs for the cancer/mouse protein passage? Both graphs had the same legend...but different results. I thought each graph should have had a different legend.

It didn't make sense...

Hahah YES! I was assuming that one of them was siRNA and the other was inhibitor concentration. Thank god we didn't rely heavily on that graph for answers, except for the 10^-4.

ah, yes, I was really thrown off by the double braca1 labels. I thought AAMC would proofread (x50) their exams before giving the green light. :confused:

It's really unfortunate that this kind of mistake would happen on the most convoluted passage too. I really do hope they adjust for this sort of thing, because sometimes what separates a whole point is just 1 raw mark difference.

Glad its over, i was a total mess goin in, caveman beard and everything lol, Wrote at some place in mississauga,

I thought it wasnt bad except I sorta spent a bit too much time on a few qs, making me rush through alot of the easy ones. BS seemed pretty easy since i noticed a lot of people leaving early. I forgot a few things which probly made me miss a few freebies. Sorta sucks we gotta wait a WHOLE month to get our markz. Sigh, oh well.

For the 2 PM test:

Did anyone else think that there was an error in the last 2 graphs for the cancer/mouse protein passage? Both graphs had the same legend...but different results. I thought each graph should have had a different legend.

It didn't make sense...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Omg, I was losing my mind thinking why the hell does it say Brca is both legends - I wrote in the comments that there was this error in the question...

I wrote at 2 PM and totally freaked out - could hear my heart pounding in my ears - got so nervous that i couldn't even comprehend for a little :( Anywho, PS was likely my worst as I couldn't focus - after that it seemed to get better as I got more 'in the flow' with the exam.

VR was ok - it is my weakest area so I won't be surprised not doing well - i just felt like i was racing through EVERYTHING so I could finish in time....

Writing was AWESOME - I finished both prompts with 10 - 15 min to spare and then had time to edit - its kinda ironic coz english is my second language and yet, I feel most confident in this section :D

Bio was good I think - I got all the questions done with enough time to go over them - except for the Brca passage with the error - it seemed ok.

I will have to continue studying and practise the tests so i can get used to the timing and write again - i think that is what really held me back. The exam was totally doable overall and I wish I had the presence of mind to ace it :(

Have a good one guys!

God, I forgot all about that... Those graphs screwed me over for that passage.. I saw it and was thinking it was a mistake but then I assumed that an official MCAT probably would have been reviewed over and over?? Anyways, I was basically trying to figure out what each graph should of actually been and I don't think they should count any questions where information had to be understood from the graph...

How did ur guys test experience go? I dunno bout you guys but i wrote at a place in mississauga and it was hella unorganized.. took pretty long before actually starting.

Was it dewey college? They were really organized when I had my test... I actually started half an hour earlier than the usual time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived