Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Discussion

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just spoke with the admissions office and they said the cutoffs might not be up today, but would be posted by the end of this week. That's for those of you who are having a heart-attack and refreshing your browsers on the admissions website lol :P

Is this in regards to Queens or Western? I thought Queens didn't release cutoffs? If this is about Western, can we please keep the discussion related to the right school.

Why are people thinking Queen's will be this week? Has someone heard something from admissions or someone "in the know".

Also, keep the Western discussion in the UWO forum.

I think it's based off of the idea that last week the reviews of ABS and reference letters were due. People are assuming that these will take a week to process and then interview invites will go out.

It's basically total speculation.

Amazing how the last time admissions said anything (officially) regarding interview invites was "mid-december". It's like they decided at the last minute to implement ABS, right before they started sending out invites....has anyone heard anything new? Really hoping it's this week :confused:

I called admissions last week and spoke to Jennifer, and was told the interview offers will most likely be sent towards the end of January, so I guess we still have quite a bit more waiting to do...

This was posted December 20...so the adcom at Queen's totally knew a month ago that they weren't going to do it. Making such an important decision as to whether or not ABS should be considered so late, in November, doesn't seem too likely. Anyway it just would have been nice to hear SOMETHING from them.

This was posted December 20...so the adcom at Queen's totally knew a month ago that they weren't going to do it. Making such an important decision as to whether or not ABS should be factored in after starting file review in December doesn't seem too likely to me. Anyway it just would have been nice to hear SOMETHING from them.

I agree with you. But you gotta remember that we got the email from Queens in mid-November. By that point they probably just processed all their applications and shot off an email. Procedural change sometime in the following weeks, then decided they'll still be in their original time frame so didn't update.

Anyway, the road is long. Just put it off your mind :).

I agree with you. But you gotta remember that we got the email from Queens in mid-November. By that point they probably just processed all their applications and shot off an email. Procedural change sometime in the following weeks, then decided they'll still be in their original time frame so didn't update.

Anyway, the road is long. Just put it off your mind :).

Trying to :) thanks. I think I'm just cranky about the UWO cutoff.

vice versa then? :P
Hmm. They may be similar, but I think that's just because a lot of the same people apply to both Queen's and UWO. UWO just made their cutoffs public, but Queen's have been looking at the applications for quite a few weeks now. I think they'll have come up with their own cutoffs.

Archived