Premed 101 Forums

Any interesting new year's resolutions from you guys?

future_doc

My resolution this year is not to make any other resolutions. Perhaps, Robin Hood has made a resolution to take more from the rich and give more to the poor. :P

Whatever your resolutions may be, I hope you all have a happy, healthy and productive 2011.

I thought that said ... "I hope you all have a happy, health and reproductive 2011." ... just sayin'

My resolution this year is not to make any other resolutions. Perhaps, Robin Hood has made a resolution to take more from the rich and give more to the poor. :P

Whatever your resolutions may be, I hope you all have a happy, healthy and productive 2011.

Too bad, I will be too busy studying than taking from the rich and giving to the poor. :P

My New Year's resolution for 2010 was to get rid of emails that I'm not going to read in a timely fashion so that I don't end up with thousands of unread emails stressing me out. And I actually did it! This year my resolution is to take the pile of clothes that is several sizes too big for me out of my living room and donate it to a women's shelter. I like to pick resolutions that are pretty doable. :P

My New Year's resolution for 2010 was to get rid of emails that I'm not going to read in a timely fashion so that I don't end up with thousands of unread emails stressing me out. And I actually did it! This year my resolution is to take the pile of clothes that is several sizes too big for me out of my living room and donate it to a women's shelter. I like to pick resolutions that are pretty doable. :P

Alternatively, you could title yourself "Destroyer of M&M's" and attempt to fit said clothes by the end of the year.

Focus - Stay committed to doing a good job until the end of my pharm residency (July 1st) regardless of my med application status. Stop getting in situations where girls who are not the gf send me dirty messages.

My goal is not too loosen up and remain vigilant until I actually receive an acceptance emails from schools.

Being in 4th year, I just lost motivation and focus earlier this year, I took bunch of difficult courses without thinking about my GPA and neglected my extracurricular activities. But near the end of November, I realized that if I'm in such terrible shape that I am in at the moment, I would be screwed big time if I don't get into med school next year (2011). After all, I'm still a premed trying to get into med school.

The moment I looked at my ****ty marks and my lack of motivation, I gathered myself up. Now, since it's christmas/new year's time, I want to take it a little easy but after new year's I'm going to re-mobilize and stay motivated and focused until May.

My other resolution is to talk to my friend, who is in europe right now, asap, and actually plan the cross-continental trip that we used to talk about.!

Not necessarily in this order but

1.) Get Good Grades

2.) Being more confident

3.) Work on my speaking skills

4.) Girlfriend

5.) Get into med

6.) Go to the gym at least once a week

7.) Being more friendly and making new friends

8.) Reading at least an hour a day critically to work on VR

- continue going to crossfit 3x per week

- start training for the scotia half marathon with a goal time of 1:45

- run the New York Marathon under 3:35

- lose 20ish lbs

- be happier

- book 3 acting roles by June

- perform well in my interview(s)

- get accepted to med school

- get married

- enjoy Europe

Some of these are goals, some are things already in place... Some I have struggled with for years.

All of them are important... And with some hard work I think I can make them happen.

hmmm, i havent made a resolution in a while, so i think ill do one:

not eat any fried food, period, this year, i did it for a couple years in a row way back when so i don't think it'll be too hard.

besides that i like the person above me's idea of setting goals, that's what i usually do, but to each their own

one of my goals this year is to be conversational in french! :)

haha I love the resolutions that are "get into med".

Generally speaking, I don't really follow New Years Resolutions. Mainly because it is a broken record time of year for being to start really big goals, like "get in better shape" or "do better in school". Sure it happens for some, but mostly we give up around mid January and are back to the drawing board. I support astrogirl for picking doable resolutions, and others for setting goals.

That being said, here are some things I'd like to start doing to improve my life in 2011:

-make lunch from home instead of eating nothing for lunch

-get a more scheduled way of reading peer reviewed journals, and set up e-alerts for new editions of journals from all the big ones I read

-spend more money on vinyls

-dedicate one block of time in my week (probably Sunday afternoon) and just use that time to catch up on all of my life priorities for that week: groceries, laundry, banking, cooking/baking things that take a bit longer, etc.

that's about it for now, I suppose. Happy 2011 PM101

This year my resolution is to take the pile of clothes that is several sizes too big for me out of my living room and donate it to a women's shelter. I like to pick resolutions that are pretty doable. :P

That is a great resolution. :)

My focus for this coming year will be to look after myself in healthier ways and to better myself academically.

Archived