Premed 101 Forums

nhl playoffs

apache

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a little scared now... my namesake needs to make a miraculous comeback.

The first two games of the series had my hitting my head against the wall.. Kind of want this to go to game 7; it's been a real treat to watch.

Goooo bostooooon!!!

Stop hating on vancouver. For once I'd like to see the Stanley cup back in Canada. It's been far too long since a Canadian team has won and it would be nice for other Canadians to support those that are left instead of hating on them for no reason. And for tonight, the Canucks completely outplayed Chicago and were really unlucky. Horrible refereeing. I hope the Canucks can play like that for game 7 and then hopefully luck will be on their side this time!

Stop hating on vancouver. For once I'd like to see the Stanley cup back in Canada. It's been far too long since a Canadian team has won and it would be nice for other Canadians to support those that are left instead of hating on them for no reason. And for tonight, the Canucks completely outplayed Chicago and were really unlucky. Horrible refereeing. I hope the Canucks can play like that for game 7 and then hopefully luck will be on their side this time!

It's one thing to be patriotic and support Canada in general but to blindly support everything that's Canadian is somewhat foolhardy, in my opinion. My favourite teams happen to be American and my favourite players are either Swedish or Russian. That doesn't make me less of a Canadian.

When your best players are Raymond and Burrows and your stars (the Sedins and Kesler) aren't stepping up, your team has a problem. The Hawks scored their equalizers or had good chances from terrible puckhandling from Schneider and as you said, hockey's mostly luck. Even though the Hawks were terribly lucky in game six you've got to give the Hawks a lot of credit for their domination of the Canucks in games four and five.

Just for clarity's sake, my team has always been the Red Wings.

Edit: And yeah, the reffing was questionable, but it didn't severely change the momentum of the game except for the icing break in the middle of OT.

i cheered for calgary and edmonton when they were in the finals and when montreal was making their run last year, vancouver, however, is unacceptable.

i cheered for calgary and edmonton when they were in the finals and when montreal was making their run last year, vancouver, however, is unacceptable.

Yup I was right on board when Calgary and Edmonton were going for their cup runs, but I can't bring myself to support Vancouver here.

I also hope Montreal can take out Boston, but then subsequently get eliminated next round ;):)

Hahaha! "Vancouver is unacceptable?" that actually made me laugh out loud. Hahah well if Vancouver wins game 7 I can't wait to rub it in you guys faces! :P

Meh, I'm not even a hockey fan but I have to say regardless of the outcome of game 7 the Canucks are doing a major choke job. If they win, they managed to restore what should have been theirs a while ago. If they lose, it will be the definition of failure.

The Blackhawks coming back to tie the series is already transcending sports. People that don't care about hockey are going to watch game 7 LOL (myself not included, I'll watch the highlights if the Blackhawks win).

ps: If what was said with regards to the jealousy Canadian hockey cities have between each other is true...that is unfortunately pretty sad. It would be nice to see the Stanley Cup go to a Canadian team.

Meh, I'm not even a hockey fan but I have to say regardless of the outcome of game 7 the Canucks are doing a major choke job. If they win, they managed to restore what should have been theirs a while ago. If they lose, it will be the definition of failure.

The Blackhawks coming back to tie the series is already transcending sports. People that don't care about hockey are going to watch game 7 LOL (myself not included, I'll watch the highlights if the Blackhawks win).

ps: If what was said with regards to the jealousy Canadian hockey cities have between each other is true...that is unfortunately pretty sad. It would be nice to see the Stanley Cup go to a Canadian team.

You gotta understand though that some of these Canadian teams have been fairly heated rivals over the last couple of years and decades: Calgary/Edmonton, Toronto/Montreal, Toronto/Ottawa notably. So it's not that unbelievable that cities don't want other cities to win...it's the nature of sports.

Imagine how cranky the Yankees fans would be if the Mets won the World Series

You gotta understand though that some of these Canadian teams have been fairly heated rivals over the last couple of years and decades: Calgary/Edmonton, Toronto/Montreal, Toronto/Ottawa notably. So it's not that unbelievable that cities don't want other cities to win...it's the nature of sports.

Imagine how cranky the Yankees fans would be if the Mets won the World Series

I understand that but my perspective is a more grander US v. CAN. What's the lesser of two evils: an American or Canadian rival winning? To each their own but I am rooting for the Canucks to stop the derailment in game 7 against Chicago.

ps: Aren't both the Yankees and Mets based in the NYC area? Two major teams on the same turf would make for hostility. That's why the Knicks organization is displeased about the Nets move to Brooklyn and why the Lakers and Clippers are appealing the Kings' potential move from Sacramento to Anaheim.

If the Canucks were playing any other team in the west, I'd cheer for them. Not because they're a Canadian team though, but because they're a good team with players I'd like to see have success. However, I'd never cheer against the Hawks in the west. So yeah, I have a reason.

you've never met drunk vancouver fans at your home games then... i got to a lot of games and they're by far the most obnoxious...

I understand that but my perspective is a more grander US v. CAN. What's the lesser of two evils: an American or Canadian rival winning? To each their own but I am rooting for the Canucks to stop the derailment in game 7 against Chicago.

ps: Aren't both the Yankees and Mets based in the NYC area? Two major teams on the same turf would make for hostility. That's why the Knicks organization is displeased about the Nets move to Brooklyn and why the Lakers and Clippers are appealing the Kings' potential move from Sacramento to Anaheim.

Archived