Premed 101 Forums

nhl playoffs

apache

ive won all my pics so far, i want to lose in vancouver tho :)
Awesome. The only one I lost so far was picking LA over SJ. But no one gave me the time of day when I picked the Preds and I was written off as only picking them because I don't know anything about playoff hockey. :rolleyes:

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

la has been my only loss so far too, i picked the preds in 7, they finished it off early for me, hehe :)

Awesome. The only one I lost so far was picking LA over SJ. But no one gave me the time of day when I picked the Preds and I was written off as only picking them because I don't know anything about playoff hockey. :rolleyes:

Whoever you talked to about picking the preds doesn't know much about hockey.

The ducks played out of their minds to get to 4th... No way they could keep it up. The preds have a way better systems approach. Having said that, I like the Canucks against the preds way more than vs. The ducks.

OT heartbreak. But good for the Canucks. I'm still not sold on them winning the cup since they'll have to go through SJ or Detroit.

Me and musey have a bet made in FC tonight:

Canucks vs. Preds in 2nd round:

$40 wager, I've got nucks, he's got Preds, straight up.

Edit: Witnesses were K-Doc and Clever.

As much as I like the Preds, I'd side with Mav on this one.

Good god...what a game 7!! Congratz Vancouver

Absolutely LOVED Bob McKenzie's twitter quote:

That's awesome, his twitter quote I mean.. So true too!

Also, I picked Buffalo to upset in 7 games from the start, and They gave Philly a good run for their money.. I was right on the rest of my picks so far just waiting for tonights games... Being Bruins beating Montreal and Pittsburgh beating Tampa Bay

i was 7/8, ryan... iuno if u want to challenge me, plus, my only loss in montreal was by a single goal in game 7 overtime, kinda like those canucks ;)

post whatever u want about nhl playoffs, here were my original predictions, free from me trying to rile ppl up :)

detroit over phoenix in 5 - van over chicago in 6 - san jose over la in 6 - nashville over anaheim in 7

philly over buffalo in 6 - mtl over boston in 6 - washington over ny in 5 - tampa over pittsburgh in 7

they'll prob all wrong, but i'm calling detroit and tampa in the final where detroit will take it

:eek:

Yeah right.

Well, I think this series is going the distance because of how evenly matched the two teams were in the regular season.

Goaltending obviously goes to Luongo over Rinne especially now that Lou has got his confidence back and considering how Rinne was kinda shaky against the Ducks. The problem I see with Vancouver in this series is that their entire strategy thus far has been using their strength in Kesler, the Sedins and Burrows and throwing it behind the net/deep in the corners and trying to make plays from there. Shea Weber, Suter and Franson are a lot stronger than the Hawks defense and will cause a lot of trouble halting up the play and getting it out of their end.

So we're at a situation where the Canucks' offense will get tangled up with the Preds D and while the the Canucks have the advantage in goaltending, the Preds have so much momentum going in after winning their first series while Vancouver is dead tired after the Hawks.

But we shall see.

preds in 6, if rinne plays like his old self and nash defence shuts down van and wins close games with timely goals (much like boston over mtl)

detroit in 5, if niemi can steal a game

philly over boston in 7, depending on in boucher shows up

tbay over caps in 6, caps rookie goalies will crack finally, steady roli won't give up more than 3

:eek:

Yeah right.

Well, I think this series is going the distance because of how evenly matched the two teams were in the regular season.

Goaltending obviously goes to Luongo over Rinne especially now that Lou has got his confidence back and considering how Rinne was kinda shaky against the Ducks. The problem I see with Vancouver in this series is that their entire strategy thus far has been using their strength in Kesler, the Sedins and Burrows and throwing it behind the net/deep in the corners and trying to make plays from there. Shea Weber, Suter and Franson are a lot stronger than the Hawks defense and will cause a lot of trouble halting up the play and getting it out of their end.

So we're at a situation where the Canucks' offense will get tangled up with the Preds D and while the the Canucks have the advantage in goaltending, the Preds have so much momentum going in after winning their first series while Vancouver is dead tired after the Hawks.

But we shall see.

I'd say the Hawks D as a whole > Nashville's D. Who's gonna score for Nashville? That team got their points in the regular season by being a well coached team that never gets outworked. Now in the playoffs, everyone works hard, and talent comes through. Nashville doesn't even have one forward on par with Towes, Kane, Sharp, Hossa.

Van in 6.

I'd say the Hawks D as a whole > Nashville's D. Who's gonna score for Nashville? That team got their points in the regular season by being a well coached team that never gets outworked. Now in the playoffs, everyone works hard, and talent comes through. Nashville doesn't even have one forward on par with Towes, Kane, Sharp, Hossa.

Van in 6.

Fisher's been on an absolute tear in the series against the Ducks and I'm sure Tootoo will step up his game.

Even though the Preds don't have tremendous offensive strength, I'm sure Weber will score a bunch from the blue line.

pekka rinne = or > roberto luongo if they both get their game back, the key will be if nashville can slow down the game and contain vans top players, if they can win the puck battles along the boards and check well then van will lose a lot of 2-1 games.

But we shall see.

Woo Tampa! That pick was like my Nashville one in that the guys in my pool laughed at me for picking them over Pittsburgh. Ended up better for me though. (side note: I didn't realize that Roloson is 41!)

Tampa Bay > Washington in 7

Boston > Philadelphia in 7

Vancouver > Nashville in 6

San Jose > Detroit in 6

I really want Nashville to win, but I really don't see that happening.

remember the old minnesota wild teams, how the hell did they win playoff series? boring tight-checking, hard working, trap style hockey and timely saves. may not be exciting but a 2-1 win is the same as 5-3 one.

Van in 6.

Archived