Premed 101 Forums

nhl playoffs

apache

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
remember the old minnesota wild teams, how the hell did they win playoff series? boring tight-checking, hard working, trap style hockey and timely saves. may not be exciting but a 2-1 win is the same as 5-3 one.

You know what else is the same as a 2-1 win? A 1-0 win. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Random question, what was up with the game's start time yesterday? Wasn't it a bit early on the west coast?

Yes, usually the games are 7pm PST, instead of 6pm PST. Apparently, since the Canucks are the only Canadian team left, they are trying to make the time easier for all of Canada to watch. So support the CANUCKS! :D

Vancouver should have had game 2, especially in overtime. Rinne put on a show.

Yes, Vancouver is completely dominant over Nashville. Nashville actually looks pretty pathetic for a team in the second round. The games are so much worse than Chicago-Vancouver because Nashville is so terrible. If it wasn't for Luongo scoring for Nashville, series would easily be 2-0. It's frustrating to watch Nashville they are so bad... especially when they have a power play, the Canucks still manage to dominate... pretty funny. Hopefully Rinne crashes and burns the next few games and the Canucks can make the games wide open and win some 4-0, 5-2 games. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I really hope the games get more exciting... (Minnesota Wild anybody? lol)

^ I know you're a Canucks fan, and I get that you're going to support your team no matter what, but to say that Nashville is "so terrible" and "so bad" makes me think that you don't actually follow the rest of the NHL during the regular season. Would I consider Nashville to be an elite team? No. But it's not all that surprising or unbelievable that they're in the 2nd round. Trotz is a good coach and he's always surprised people by getting the most out of the players he has. It's not like the Preds are a team that spend to the cap and get a lot of superstar free agents. They play a very sound defensive game and that's the game play that they'll win or lose on. They've also been fairly consistent during the regular season. It's not going to be flashy, but I think the games have been exciting. I'd rather see close defensive games than blowouts in the playoffs (Boston-Philly game 1 was a bit boring at the end. You knew Boston was taking it).

thats exactly what i said when i bet on nashville. vancouver is, on paper, a better team than nashville, but nashville plays a well coached team game... they block shots, clog up the neutral zone, are tight checking, score by exploiting opponents mistakes and putting a lot of pucks on net, have a great top defensive pairing and a vezina calibre goalie... like i said, the minnesota wild weren't pretty, but they made it to the conference final (a couple?) times...

^ I know you're a Canucks fan, and I get that you're going to support your team no matter what, but to say that Nashville is "so terrible" and "so bad" makes me think that you don't actually follow the rest of the NHL during the regular season. Would I consider Nashville to be an elite team? No. But it's not all that surprising or unbelievable that they're in the 2nd round. Trotz is a good coach and he's always surprised people by getting the most out of the players he has. It's not like the Preds are a team that spend to the cap and get a lot of superstar free agents. They play a very sound defensive game and that's the game play that they'll win or lose on. They've also been fairly consistent during the regular season. It's not going to be flashy, but I think the games have been exciting. I'd rather see close defensive games than blowouts in the playoffs (Boston-Philly game 1 was a bit boring at the end. You knew Boston was taking it).

To say what you just said makes me believe that you didn't watch game 1 and 2 of this series. Clearly you haven't or you would probably agree. Nashville hasn't looked anything like they did against Anaheim or even like much of their regular season. Maybe you should actually watch the whole game before commenting. Game 1 Nashville looked dreadful, at least in game 2 they somewhat picked it up. The players themselves have even admitted to not playing like they usually do. And for the record, I do follow the NHL during the regular season and everyone is entitled to their own opinion so relax.

EDIT: I do prefer closer games, but I prefer closer high scoring games like, 5-4, 3-2, etc.... since there's more action. I also believe that part of the reason that the game was low scoring is because of the Canucks, they seem to think against Nashville a 1-0 lead is good enough and then they just sit back and relax and play defensive, which always backfires. I wish they would still play as offensive as they do when it is a tie game so they can get a more comfortable lead. Playing that defensive when you have a 1 goal lead seems to backfire more often than not. Anyways, I'm excited to watch the rest of the series and look forward to seeing Vancouver bring Nashville into a wide-open, high scoring game. :)

To say what you just said makes me believe that you didn't watch game 1 and 2 of this series. Clearly you haven't or you would probably agree. Nashville hasn't looked anything like they did against Anaheim or even like much of their regular season. Maybe you should actually watch the whole game before commenting. Game 1 Nashville looked dreadful, at least in game 2 they somewhat picked it up. The players themselves have even admitted to not playing like they usually do. And for the record, I do follow the NHL during the regular season and everyone is entitled to their own opinion so relax.
I did watch games 1 & 2 (the entire games) and I also agree that Nashville wasn't playing their best. The point I was trying to make was that they deserve to be in the 2nd round and they are not as bad as your previous post was making them out to be. And I also know that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I was just stating mine, which happens to be opposite of yours.

EDIT: I do prefer closer games, but I prefer closer high scoring games like, 5-4, 3-2, etc.... since there's more action. I also believe that part of the reason that the game was low scoring is because of the Canucks, they seem to think against Nashville a 1-0 lead is good enough and then they just sit back and relax and play defensive, which always backfires. I wish they would still play as offensive as they do when it is a tie game so they can get a more comfortable lead. Playing that defensive when you have a 1 goal lead seems to backfire more often than not. Anyways, I'm excited to watch the rest of the series and look forward to seeing Vancouver bring Nashville into a wide-open, high scoring game. :)
Agreed. See, we can agree about something. lol :)

Canucks are looking solid! Props to Nashville though for stepping up their game and looking much better on their power plays, despite not scoring (not including the delayed penalty call which brought nashville to even strength since it was on the canucks pp). The only thing that was pretty funny was during the second period, Nashville didn't have a single shot on goal until the last minute. haha

your guys have to get to the finals, remember? if they do i'll double you up again in the finals if you're man enough ;).

Did you want me to give you my address now for the cash Muse, or do you really wanna drag this thing out?

if you're even willing enough you can take san jose over boston or tampa and risk some money...

or if the canucks go to the final we can double the bet for the final, where you'd win 320 or i'd win 160 if the nucks lose in the finals

So the Nucks win the cup and I win $160, or they don't and I don't lose anything. That sounds pretty solid to me.

scared, ryan ;) ?

if you're even willing enough you can take san jose over boston or tampa and risk some money...

or if the canucks go to the final we can double the bet for the final, where you'd win 320 or i'd win 160 if the nucks lose in the finals

Archived