Premed 101 Forums

nhl playoffs

apache

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
perhaps they'll win tomorrow's game (my guess 1-0) and lose Wednesday's! I wouldn't be heartbroken if they lose both either but it would be nice to win the cup at a home game!!

Correction: It would be nice to win the cup at home AT GAME 5!!! :P

That was the worst game I've ever watched.

Really? Despite the ****ty outcome for the Canucks, I thought the game was extremely intense and exciting to watch. Canucks just wanted to make sure they get to win the stanley cup on home ice ;)

Really? Despite the ****ty outcome for the Canucks, I thought the game was extremely intense and exciting to watch. Canucks just wanted to make sure they get to win the stanley cup on home ice ;)

Huh, really? I found it painful. The previous two games were a tight matchup with both teams playing hard and fast. This game was mostly just exceptionally poor icework from the canucks and needless brutality from the bruins... neither side played well, and it was not at all entertaining.

Huh, really? I found it painful. The previous two games were a tight matchup with both teams playing hard and fast. This game was mostly just exceptionally poor icework from the canucks and needless brutality from the bruins... neither side played well, and it was not at all entertaining.

I agree. There was the occasional stretch of good hockey here and there though.

Terrigood Tim Thomas, Terricrap Roberto Luongo ... I had to miss the game for a birthday, can't wait to watch the replay on cbc.con though :)

Post Game Recap: Wow, Vancouver definitely deserved a better fate in that one (they definitely didn't get outplayed 8-1), only three sings to say: Tim Thomas made Luongo look he belonged in pee wee, Van's PP was the worst I've seen in a game in my life, what a physical game, Boston owned them physically!

Terribad game.

I just love how Bruins' fans are all up in arms about Rome's hit, whereas Chara's hit back in March was just game play :/ Both were just as suspendable.

One wasn't late and the other play saw it coming whereas one was 3 seconds late and the player didn't see it coming.

Yeah, I see how they're comparable :rolleyes:

One wasn't late and the other play saw it coming whereas one was 3 seconds late and the player didn't see it coming.

Yeah, I see how they're comparable :rolleyes:

Hmm yeah, Chara's hit was wayyy late too. You could see the puck all the way down the ice by the time he hit him. Last night's hit was just a little under 1 second late which is more than enough too. I'm not gonna start arguing, hits like that have no place in hockey regardless of who dishes them out.

Hmm yeah, Chara's hit was wayyy late too. You could see the puck all the way down the ice by the time he hit him. Last night's hit was just a little under 1 second late which is more than enough too. I'm not gonna start arguing, hits like that have no place in hockey regardless of who dishes them out.

No argument here. It's a discussion and you brought up the subject so I wanted to discuss it.

No argument here. It's a discussion and you brought up the subject so I wanted to discuss it.

No problem :) I think the biggest problem in the end is that discipline is so inconsistent that players try to take matters into their own hands.. The NHL has big talks about getting rid of head shots for example, and then they add a whole bunch of "small writing" and are still wildly inconsistent on who they punish based on teams, or player or whatever other reason they decide is valid (I am not pointing to Chara in particular when I say this). I like clean games (and not referee-influenced but that's a whole other story!)... other games like that 8-6 back in Jan (?) I don't really care about regardless of who wins. Not saying no hitting, just no dirty hitting!

No problem :) I think the biggest problem in the end is that discipline is so inconsistent that players try to take matters into their own hands.. The NHL has big talks about getting rid of head shots for example, and then they add a whole bunch of "small writing" and are still wildly inconsistent on who they punish based on teams, or player or whatever other reason they decide is valid (I am not pointing to Chara in particular when I say this). I like clean games (and not referee-influenced but that's a whole other story!)... other games like that 8-6 back in Jan (?) I don't really care about regardless of who wins. Not saying no hitting, just no dirty hitting!

I agree the league should take a tougher stance but I'll also call on personal responsibility of the players. Why aren't they the ones cracking down within their own union to get rid of acts like this? Why aren't they, themselves, calling on the league to get rid of the ambiguity of assessing penalty for such actions and have a one size punishment for all of these crimes? Automatic 10 game suspension regardless of playoff hockey or non-playoff hockey.

Players need to demand better of themselves and also demand the league have a tougher stance on these actions. Once the players accept the fate that actions have consequences and demand fair treatment across the board will you then have A) a league which is forced to enforce such standards as requested by the players and B) likelyhood of these types of hits going the way of the dodo bird because all will know exactly what's at stake.

I blame the players.

I agree the league should take a tougher stance but I'll also call on personal responsibility of the players. Why aren't they the ones cracking down within their own union to get rid of acts like this? Why aren't they, themselves, calling on the league to get rid of the ambiguity of assessing penalty for such actions and have a one size punishment for all of these crimes? Automatic 10 game suspension regardless of playoff hockey or non-playoff hockey.

Players need to demand better of themselves and also demand the league have a tougher stance on these actions. Once the players accept the fate that actions have consequences and demand fair treatment across the board will you then have A) a league which is forced to enforce such standards as requested by the players and B) likelyhood of these types of hits going the way of the dodo bird because all will know exactly what's at stake.

I blame the players.

Good point. I blame both then! Players are acting like spoiled kids, and the league like irresponsible parents. Bad combo - one of them needs to take the lead.

Terrigood Tim Thomas, Terricrap Roberto Luongo ... I had to miss the game for a birthday, can't wait to watch the replay on cbc.con though :)

Post Game Recap: Wow, Vancouver definitely deserved a better fate in that one (they definitely didn't get outplayed 8-1), only three sings to say: Tim Thomas made Luongo look he belonged in pee wee, Van's PP was the worst I've seen in a game in my life, what a physical game, Boston owned them physically!

Agree with your recap. I'm just glad the B's realized that scoring goals on the PP is a good thing.

Slight aside: B-Sens won the Calder Cup last night. Yay!

Ok, back to the NHL. I feel like these games are on weird days. Maybe I'm just used to the Sens schedule, but Tues/Thurs/Sat is "normal" to me. And I know the NHL doesn't want to go up against the NBA, but Dallas/Miami are playing on Sunday. The NHL could have had another Saturday night game.

The weird schedule is due to the fact that the NHL wants America to watch hockey.

They are trying there best to avoid going head to head with the NBA finals and any other sporting event that America might watch over NHL Hockey (read: bowling).

Also, given the fact that Canadians will literally watch hockey at any time Bettman et al don't really care what we think...

It's outrageous to not have games on saturday nights... but whatever. I'll still watch.

Archived