Premed 101 Forums

nhl playoffs

apache

Thank you AV for putting in Tanev. God, what a cool game by the 21-year-old. And Captain Jack Sparrow does it again. What a great trade deadline pickup.
Agreed. Nice to see Tanev in.

gotta love how when Chara checks into Thomas, the Canucks end up with the penalty..... What are the refs thinking?
It's ok. Boston's powerplay is full of lols.

Hopefully there's a game 7.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man. Back to the games we were playing before Boston. I don't like to conspiracy theory this, but it's really hard to believe the Canucks didn't intentionally bail those last two games. The difference in play is so black and white.

Also, phosgenic, chill out. Not everyone has the same reasoning behind support as you do. Although I'm generally a supporter of the Canucks anyway, being from B.C., I can totally understand why someone from Ontario would rather see the Stanley Cup spend a year in Vancouver than in Boston. You just come across like a dink who can't stand seeing other people having fun.

I for one never really got the extreme NHL team loyalty+rivalry anyway. I'm from B.C. so I cheer the Nucks preferentially, but since I live in Calgary I'll happily support the flames in any other game as long as it's not against the ol' VC. And the same goes for the oilers, in third place. Followed by Nashville because there are a lot of kids from my hometown on that team.

Man. Back to the games we were playing before Boston. I don't like to conspiracy theory this, but it's really hard to believe the Canucks didn't intentionally bail those last two games. The difference in play is so black and white.

Also, phosgenic, chill out. Not everyone has the same reasoning behind support as you do. Although I'm generally a supporter of the Canucks anyway, being from B.C., I can totally understand why someone from Ontario would rather see the Stanley Cup spend a year in Vancouver than in Boston. You just come across like a dink who can't stand seeing other people having fun.

I for one never really got the extreme NHL team loyalty+rivalry anyway. I'm from B.C. so I cheer the Nucks preferentially, but since I live in Calgary I'll happily support the flames in any other game as long as it's not against the ol' VC. And the same goes for the oilers, in third place. Followed by Nashville because there are a lot of kids from my hometown on that team.

I cheer for the Canucks right now because I like them better than the Bruins. Of course I cheer for Montreal while they're playing, but I also love the Red Wings and really like Nashville and Tampa. We all have our reasons, nothing wrong with that I agree.

................It appears as though the point that I was trying to get across has completely flown over your heads NASA X-43A style. whatever, it's fine, next time i'll try to make myself more clear. and im sorry "Erk" did you just call me a dink? may i suggest heading back to the lab and researching some new insults?

No thanks, 'dink' got my point across perfectly. I wasn't looking for anything particularly strong or offensive.

wow what a witty retort! i think your local comedy club may have a few vacancies for tomorrow night, why not give it a try with humor like that?

how about dinkus?

that's funny because it reminds of penis, hehe

............sometimes, nothing needs to be said.

Ok - no more from you phosgenic, muse, or Erk. You three clowns are not spoiling the greatest moment Vancouver fans have ever seen, or Canada since 1993.

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Lol yea.................go canucks go. woot woot

tho i highly doubt that three clowns on a premed forum have the ability to spoil this particular moment.

sorry erk and muse. im bored, i need to find a woman, not start flame wars with my stupid incessant remarks

the bolded part of your post is what i was facetiously implying with the obviously unwitty retort. i just posted it because you skirted what i initially wrote, here, have a second chance to systemically address it:

people can cheer for teams for whatever reason they want, how is their reasoning any less valid than yours? by your reasoning why should vancouverites be allowed to cheer for vancouver if the majority of their team is say swedish, or any other nationalitity? i'm sure most of the detroit red wings are european yet people from detroit and abroad cheer for them (they're one of my favourite teams). why not cheer for a canadian team? how do you delineate which individuals a team represents, how can you get criterion validity on that, it's impossible, except for self identification!

who are you tell my or anyone who to cheer for? i cheered for tampa and boston because of roloson and thomas, i really look up to these guys and their determined, never give up, hard working, get right back up approach to life... am i an idiot because i use to cheer for my favourite goalies teams?

you should go to Spain and see how people celebrated when Barcelona beat Man U, lol.

don't take post modernist english for intro english if you have to take one, you wont have a fun time

on an aside, please don't call me a clown, i grew up impoverished beyond belief, i've actually been offered serious government jobs, have worked for the government, got into med school taking advanced lit classes you would **** your pants even looking at, been called one of the most insightful students professors have had the privilege of teaching on numerous occasions, i also won over 30 scholarships in a 2 year period, saved a couple peoples lives, literally, pulling staples out of their arms and having to take them to the hospital on o.d. attempts, i also beat a rather devastating medical condition... and that's just the tip of the iceberg, i'm certainly not going to take anything some pompous 18 year old who's never faced any serious life challenges or criticism sais seriously, i don't really take anyone's opinion of me seriously, let along yours.

good luck finding those girls your looking for, i don't really have to look, it's more of a selection process, but that's a skill you get with experience, go back to cleaning up your keyboard ;)

don't skirt it again... otherwise i will be forced to call you a dinkus ;)

wow what a witty retort! i think your local comedy club may have a few vacancies for tomorrow night, why not give it a try with humor like that?

............sometimes, nothing needs to be said.

it's ok, youre 18, call me back in a decade when you've actually gone through something called the challenges of life, then your comments won't seem so immature and necessitate the immature responses you received because we can both tell that you don't have the depth to have any sort of discussion in which you are seriously challenged and really don't see the point in having a discussion with someone as petty as you. don't take offence, that may change in a few years, but the older you get the more you realize it's not worth engaging people who aren't on the same intellectual and emotional level as you as they don't have the ability to see beyond their arguments.

btw, enjoy finding a woman, women throw themselves at me (hey, if you want to pull high school i'm more of a man than you juvenile jabs i'll be more than happy to indulge you with a couple nefariously intended sentences, maybe you'll feel bit better about yourself for a few a ephemeral moments ;) )

Lol yea.................go canucks go. woot woot

tho i highly doubt that three clowns on a premed forum have the ability to spoil this particular moment.

sorry erk and muse. im bored, i need to find a woman, not start flame wars with my stupid incessant remarks

i didnt sign up for this site to try and piss those off who i'm looking to learn from, though im fairly certain by your manner of response you arent the ideal teacher despite the so proclaimed immaturity of my comments. obviously i said a number of things which i thought harmless banter that you took extreme offense to and felt that trying to tear me a new one was appropriate...for that i am sorry. just dont reply to anything i write on these forums from now, i think that would be best. take it easy

cool bro ;) ... the only thing you said that actually offended me was "you bunch of meatbags", besides that there's not much to take offence from. you're right, i'm definitely not the right teacher, no one is, you have to figure life out on your own. i do like the gradual shift from the projection of serious debate to non-chalance harmless banter, that's pretty clever rhetoric, makes me look like the one who's a hothead ;)

there's no need to start threads just to call people a bunch of meatbags. just take it easy, find a girl, life's good, chill and drop a valium :)

i didnt sign up for this site to try and piss those off who i'm looking to learn from, though im fairly certain by your manner of response you arent the ideal teacher despite the so proclaimed immaturity of my comments. obviously i said a number of things which i thought harmless banter that you took extreme offense to and felt that trying to tear me a new one was appropriate...for that i am sorry. just dont reply to anything i write on these forums from now, i think that would be best. take it easy

cool bro ;) ... the only thing you said that actually offended me was "you bunch of meatbags", besides that there's not much to take offence from. you're right, i'm definitely not the right teacher, no one is, you have to figure life out on your own. i do like the gradual shift from the projection of serious debate to non-chalance harmless banter, that's pretty clever rhetoric, makes me look like the one who's a hothead ;)

there's no need to start threads just to call people a bunch of meatbags. just take it easy, find a girl, life's good, chill and drop a valium :)

lol... well rest assured i am now fully aware that i made a colossal error in writing some of the things that i had the lunacy to post. as you can see im new on the site (not an excuse) and i suppose when i wrote "you bunch of meatbags" along with a number of other like comments i was trying to a) subliminally carve some sort of niche for myself on this site as a bold, humorous, quirky individual (failed miserably) and 2) i am used to deliberating amongst hockey players (played jr. a ) who are, in line with socially accepted norms, not exactly the brightest bulbs on the porch. im hoping theres some sort of beginner deal for noobs like me who get a free pass for screw ups made when theyre starting out? i feel like i jumped into a tank full of ravenous sharks while my body was spewing blood. .. i had no idea, for lack of a better term, how 'smart' people were on here (not in the sarcastic sense)... tho i suppose that too displays utter ignorance on my part considering that this is a premed site... not much else needs to be said about the level of social intellect its going to attract.

ive been reading your posts for the past hour and i have to say they are honestly a thing of rare beauty. not trying to compliment you in order to atone for my f*ck ups... its just your vocabulary, rhetoric, and the eloquent articulate manner in which you craft your sentences, arguments, reasoning, ideas, etc. is no less than dazzling....

anyways despite the contradictory nature of my next statement, im really looking forward to talking to you on here should you be willing..... i should be able to siphon off some of that talent for myself hopefully. if not i'll continue to enjoy learning from your posts.

take it easy, cheers.

Archived