Premed 101 Forums

nhl playoffs

apache

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canucks will win simply for Raymond's sake. That hit was dirty and the league is a joke for playing double standards. Late hit + serious injury (and we are talking about a guy who might not even be walking) is unquestionably dirty and should lead to auto suspension. Just because one of the disciplinary dudes in the office is related to a Bruins player doesn't mean the league can turn a blind eye like this, and consistently favour Bruins on all the calls. Give me a break. I thought MLB is a joke when it comes to decision making, with NBA as close second - NHL takes the throne after this mess.

Canucks will win simply for Raymond's sake. That hit was dirty and the league is a joke for playing double standards. Late hit + serious injury (and we are talking about a guy who might not even be walking) is unquestionably dirty and should lead to auto suspension. Just because one of the disciplinary dudes in the office is related to a Bruins player doesn't mean the league can turn a blind eye like this, and consistently favour Bruins on all the calls. Give me a break. I thought MLB is a joke when it comes to decision making, with NBA as close second - NHL takes the throne after this mess.

You really should remove your blinders and bias. Missed call being interference perhaps but not a missed suspension. Stuff happens in the game and this was two guys trying to make a play and something unfortunate happened.

trying to make a play? perhaps if boychuk didn't decide to make a late shove to board raymond hard enough to break his back? it's true that it was unfortunate that raymond was stuck in that vulnerable position and the two were initially trying to make a play, but seriously, a late shove was unnecessary.

trying to make a play? perhaps if boychuk didn't decide to make a late shove to board raymond hard enough to break his back? it's true that it was unfortunate that raymond was stuck in that vulnerable position and the two were initially trying to make a play, but seriously, a late shove was unnecessary.

Its called hockey and it happens. It's not like his head was turned, not engaged with another player and then getting coldcocked into oblivion.

The league punishes the play, not the outcome. The rome hit was a late hit to the head, which is against the rules. The boychuk play was just him bringing raymond into the boards to take him out of the play, which is not illegal. Also, as I recall, the Colin Campbell doesn't make the decision to suspend someone when that player is on or playing against his son's team.

The league punishes the play, not the outcome. The rome hit was a late hit to the head, which is against the rules. The boychuk play was just him bringing raymond into the boards to take him out of the play, which is not illegal. Also, as I recall, the Colin Campbell doesn't make the decision to suspend someone when that player is on or playing against his son's team.

Raymond doesn't even have the puck, so it's a late hit, and that's illegal. I agree that rome's hit was worse because it was to the head, but a late hit is a late hit. The fact that the league didn't even bother reviewing the play is mind boggling.

Colin Campbell doesn't make decisions anymore. He stepped down when the Bruins made the cup finals.

Raymond doesn't even have the puck, so it's a late hit, and that's illegal. I agree that rome's hit was worse because it was to the head, but a late hit is a late hit. The fact that the league didn't even bother reviewing the play is mind boggling.
The league (Mike Murphy) did review the play and a suspension wasn't warranted.

Well this was a snoozefest, you could totally pick up on the hostility and yet no one acted on it. I WANTED ACTION.

seems like the canucks technique was terrrible in this game, i dont even think they remember how to pass and Luongo was mediocre at best and it's never good to be mediocre in the stanley cup finals.

:-/ holy anticlimax. Couldn't even give them a fight. I'd feel way better if the Bruins had won in overtime, the stanley cup final game 7 should be exciting to watch. Pathetic.

I actually don't blame Luongo all that much. Not that he played well. The whole team slowly eroded since game 3, some out of their control, some in it. What a sad end to an amazing playoffs.

Archived