Premed 101 Forums

The official countdown to May 13th 2011

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was a joke when I saw the email this morning. Dr. Walker had mentioned "some time in the afternoon on the 13th" on the blog.

I thought for a minute that it might have been a computer error like Queen's.

Congrats everyone! :D

Congratulations everyone else! It will be wonderful to meet you all at U of C when I go this year too :D Accepted!! There was a lot of dancing in our kitchen this morning.

Para D, I'll consider helpin' you move if you decide to go U of C :)

It doesn't make the difference of getting in...but husband was given the wrong MCAT score according to the admissions guide.

Admissions guide says a 37 = 12 points + 2 points for an S in the writing section.

My math says husband should have 14 points. His pre-MMI score for the MCAT was 13.

I know it doesn't matter, he apparently did poorly at the MMI. But it still bothers me.

It doesn't make the difference of getting in...but husband was given the wrong MCAT score according to the admissions guide.

Admissions guide says a 37 = 12 points + 2 points for an S in the writing section.

My math says husband should have 14 points. His pre-MMI score for the MCAT was 13.

I know it doesn't matter, he apparently did poorly at the MMI. But it still bothers me.

I think it goes 37 + 2 = 39 which is 13 points, that was my interpretation.

That's a common misconception. It's not 2 points on top of the 15 for the MCAT score, it's 2 points on the original MCAT score. So he would have gotten 37 + 2 = 39 which is a 13/15.

A lot of people (myself included) thought it's 2 extra points on the score out of 15, but it's not. Hope this clears things up!

be careful how you do the calculation. it isn't that your MCAT numbers (PS +BS+VR=37) gives you 12, it is the number you get on the mcat plus or minus the bonus for the writing that gives you the number that equates to what UC gives you for MCAT.

I also thought I got gypped a point in the past but I was wrong. They give an example in the booklet explaining how the calc is done.

In any case, it doesn't help eh. Doesn't soften the blow one bit.

lukecriesuh7.jpg

hahaha

yea...i look worse than that right now. but, i was bracing for it. i had a feeling.

you could always do me a favour and uproot your family across the country....

JUST KIDDING! congrats again to you and all the successful applicants.

That's a common misconception. It's not 2 points on top of the 15 for the MCAT score, it's 2 points on the original MCAT score. So he would have gotten 37 + 2 = 39 which is a 13/15.

A lot of people (myself included) thought it's 2 extra points on the score out of 15, but it's not. Hope this clears things up!

That does. Thanks.

Archived