Premed 101 Forums

The official countdown to May 13th 2011

So it looks like it was the Sunday interview group who had the lower score on the eliminated MMI question.

I think I have a pretty good idea which one it was (many people in my group required clarification for the question, since I think it was poorly worded).

Anyway, I'm glad the process is so transparent.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm...really. I can't think of any others that needed to be clarified other than the one I'm thinking of (with the counting). Especially since the only other one that was tricky was the picture one, and Dr. Walker already said it wasn't that one.

I agree with TOK. Interviewed on Sunday and the picture/math stations were (for me) the two trickiest ones. Unless I totally missed the boat on this other station and my interviewer let me crash and burn.

I agree with TOK. Interviewed on Sunday and the picture/math stations were (for me) the two trickiest ones. Unless I totally missed the boat on this other station and my interviewer let me crash and burn.

Dr. Walker confirmed it wasn't either of those stations.

Just saw the most amazing concert last night... The Pixies :D I was hypnotized for the whole duration of it. Love my avatar even more now:p

Back to business now:

11 days and 14 hours to 00 hrs on May 13th

I hope you all are having a great weekend!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding Larrivee!

The wait is frustrating for me cause I am on a mature side and getting rejected would mean another YEAR....and the years start to matter once you hit 24-25. Additionally, I only applied in Calgary cause I cant uproot my husband from his career here, so UofC is my only chance this year.

And yeah I know not getting into med school is not the end of the world and is nothing compared to what some people go through but... it would be freak'n awesome to start studying what you are passionate about 3 months form now.

I should stock up on some valerian root tea!:P

Sorry for my rant.

I'm sorry but did you just equate yourself to being a mature student at 24-25?

What's that make me starting a new undergrad at 35 looking to pursue medicine?

I think some perspective on reality is required for you ;) lol

I think there is more to being a "mature" student than just the number. Having a family commitment puts applicants in a different situation that single students with no responsibilities to anyone but themselves.

I think there is room for *Pixie* in the mature student club, if that's where she feels she belongs. But maybe it's too exclusive? Being a quarter century old and married isn't enough reality, so maybe when she's 27, 30, 40? Who might we contact to find out who is allowed to refer to themselves as mature? :P

Hmm.. "Mature Student" is certainly a broad definition.

I think I'm more mature as a 25 year old (turning 26 in 2 months) out of university for 3 years, and married for 2. I've been working instead of going to school for those 3 years.

Sure I'm not as mature as a married 30 year old with 2 children and a mortgage, but I'm certainly not a 21-22 year old fresh out of university (or still in university) still living at home.

Does "mature" just mean "old"? :P

Meant no disrespect. To anyone.

OMG we are more than halfway through the countdown!!!

10 nerve wrecking days and 17 nerve wrecking hours until 00hrs of THE DAY

....followed by an undetermined amount of sleepless hours

....followed by non-stop email checking starting early morning (ALTHOUGH Dr. Walker clearly stated that most likely the emails will be coming out after noon)

:D

Awesome!

10char

I was actually also pleasantly surprised by the opening band - "Imaginary cities" from Winnipeg. They were sooooo good! I have never heard of them before...i think they are only 1 year old. Gonna get their CD;)

I can't even describe how crazy amazing Pixies were.

Just saw the most amazing concert last night... The Pixies :D I was hypnotized for the whole duration of it. Love my avatar even more now:p

I was there! It was awesome. Opening act was not bad....but the Pixies were THE BEST. I had seen them before but this concert blew it out of the water.

Loved the 2 encores as well.:D

90% of non-albertans... wow.

I'm surprised it's so high... shouldn't they keep a larger list for safety?

I wonder how many non-albertans actually get on the waitlist though, could be 10, and 9 of em get off the list. Could be 20 and 18 get off, hmmm. Anyone know how many get waitlisted, I am not sure if this is public knowledge or not, and to be honest don't feel like looking it up right now.

Anyone know how many get waitlisted, I am not sure if this is public knowledge or not, and to be honest don't feel like looking it up right now.

Quoted for emphasis. I'll see if I can get out of my election-inspired depression to try to research it.

Quoted for emphasis. I'll see if I can get out of my election-inspired depression to try to research it.

You rock my world. Can you believe that my prof assigned a formal lab due the week after finals finished?? I mean come on, I just started work this week plus a zillion and a half wedding things to do, how am I supposed to do this thing. So far on page 13.... ughh I hate formal labs I guess it'll keep my mind of the last few days before schools start revealing to me my future, or lack thereof.

I swear there has been a post in the past (possibly on an Ontario thread) that linked a page containing each Canadian Universities total waitlist movement. I tried to search for it and have found nothing though.

Archived