Premed 101 Forums

The official countdown to May 13th 2011

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big shout out to the oldies!!

My year can be summed up like this:

1. Deciding to finally bite the bullet and submit some applications: feigned nonchalance due to being terrified about never getting an interview.

2. Receiving interview invites: shock and awe, humbled then incredibly excited.

3. Interview completion: relief, analyzing, second guessing.

4. Waiting for May: steady progression of anxiety, complete inability to focus on current job, obsessing over 1000000000 possibilities of what my life will become in the next 6 months.

Fun times! Happy Easter, gang!!

Can anyone beat 32?

No, but I can equal it. ;)

I'm lucky that my husband is willing to relocate, and we are also willing to spend some time apart, if required. We're both ex-military, so we've done the "being apart for long periods of time" thing before. We also don't have children, which makes being apart a little easier too.

They should surprise us and just send it a few days early to stop the anxious ones from diving off a bridge.

P.s. hate to burst thy bubble but until the night of the 12th, we still have just under 20 days, so its more like 19 days 19 hours.

They should surprise us and just send it a few days early to stop the anxious ones from diving off a bridge.

P.s. hate to burst thy bubble but until the night of the 12th, we still have just under 20 days, so its more like 19 days 19 hours.

Yeah thats true I couldn't decide which one to pick...so I figured that I should go with the number of "whole days". Next time I will add the hours:p

yes mine has been showing that since two weeks ago. Dr. walker addressed it on his blog (see his latest post)

i know dr. walker already addressed this point - but i just wanted to double check with everyone here...does your student center also show "fall 2011" under your account summary (part of the finances category)? :confused:

thanks! (i know it's probably just me going crazy over the wait, but just wanted to double check):)

i know dr. walker already addressed this point - but i just wanted to double check with everyone here...does your student center also show "fall 2011" under your account summary (part of the finances category)? :confused:

thanks! (i know it's probably just me going crazy over the wait, but just wanted to double check):)

What is this "student center" everyone keeps talking about... you mean the UCAN application? Or is there another account or something? I searched google for student center for U of C and the thing that came up my ID and password from UCAN don't work there... are we supposed to have recieved ID and password??

What is this "student center" everyone keeps talking about... you mean the UCAN application? Or is there another account or something? I searched google for student center for U of C and the thing that came up my ID and password from UCAN don't work there... are we supposed to have recieved ID and password??

it's an online account where the student can register for classes, pay fees, check marks...etc.

probably only past or current u of c students can access it?

it's an online account where the student can register for classes, pay fees, check marks...etc.

probably only past or current u of c students can access it?

Ah I see... so they probably wouldn't be posting important info on there if only U of C students can access it would they?? Hope not!

I have the same thing on my student centre, so i'm sure it's nothing. Would have been nice if it had said accepted though, haha.

The countdown is getting stressful! I had put the whole thing out of my mind after the interview, but now that things are winding down it's getting to weigh pretty heavily! I have a 2 year anniversary on the 12th, so i'm not sure if i'll really want to celebrate knowing what's happening on the next day :eek:

Best of luck to everyone! I'm 23, so younger than some on here, but as well older as others, i'm definitely not a traditional premed (finished my undergrad 2 years ago and am now working on a graduate degree) and it's nice to see some of us out there. :)

yes mine shows Fall 2011 tuition - thats actually why i noticed the whole thing: I am a grad student and was checking my tuition for spring/ summer and then I saw Fall 2011 and scrolled down only to see an unexpected "Faculty of Medicine application status -complete"

StudentCenter is used by UofC current students, faculty and staff members - its where you pay tuition, register for classes etc etc

I have the same thing on my student centre, so i'm sure it's nothing. Would have been nice if it had said accepted though, haha.

The countdown is getting stressful! I had put the whole thing out of my mind after the interview, but now that things are winding down it's getting to weigh pretty heavily! I have a 2 year anniversary on the 12th, so i'm not sure if i'll really want to celebrate knowing what's happening on the next day :eek:

Best of luck to everyone! I'm 23, so younger than some on here, but as well older as others, i'm definitely not a traditional premed (finished my undergrad 2 years ago and am now working on a graduate degree) and it's nice to see some of us out there. :)

Wow we r so close in many things! my 3d wedding anniversary is on May 10th (supposedly to be celebrated on the 13th), I am 25 (turning 26 this year) and and in my 2d year of a grad degree.

Anyway folks we are currently at

18 days and 15 hours before 00 hrs of May 13th

Enjoy the weather today!

I know it's an anxious wait, but for many of you, it will be well worth it! (plus the wait list moves lots too.)

Also, don't expect it to be released at midnight on the 13th. They're human too. I got my acceptance somewhere around noon or 1pm (not sure, wasn't checking my email at the time) EST, so that's about 10-11am MST, if that helps.

GLHF.

Hey neat on two counts:

1) I'm not the oldest, though not far from, and;

2) My wedding anniversary is May the 15th. Yay May! Calloo Callay! We're celebrating very early (on the 30th) though because on the weekend of our anniversary we'll be visiting family.

here i go again:

17 days and 15 hours until 00 hrs of May of may 13th (not that the invites will come out at midnight)

I expect a rejection letter (after all, the chances are greater for getting one - just gotta be in the bottom 3 out of 4 students) ... so I am trying to prepare for it mentally. It sucks.

:P

here i go again:

17 days and 15 hours until 00 hrs of May of may 13th (not that the invites will come out at midnight)

I expect a rejection letter (after all, the chances are greater for getting one - just gotta be in the bottom 3 out of 4 students) ... so I am trying to prepare for it mentally. It sucks.

:P

Counting the hours too now? So specific!

Counting the hours too now? So specific!

As we get closer specificity is of greater importance. Now each hour is a significant proportion of the waiting time... until now they were insignificant. Come may 11 I will start counting down by the second in a corner in my room. 172800, 172799, 172798,.... won't eat... won't sleep... won't take bathroom breaks... yeah it's gunna be messy. :P

Self-diagnosis of my current condition is:

med school rejection paranoia

which is, according to my Dictionary app:

paranoia |ˌparəˈnoiə|

noun

a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.

...[sigh]

Archived