Premed 101 Forums

The official countdown to May 13th 2011

You’re not paranoid, that’s just what "they" want you to think. It’s all part of their conspiracy to torture medschool applicants in a diabolical scheme to force them into collectively withdrawing their applications and applying to work for a large conglomerate corporation that is trying to uncover scientific knowledge lost during the sinking of Atlantis!

haha well that would also make me brainwashed;-) Oh dear...

On a side note:

What's everybody doing on May 13th during the day and at night once you find out your fate?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As we get closer specificity is of greater importance. Now each hour is a significant proportion of the waiting time... until now they were insignificant. Come may 11 I will start counting down by the second in a corner in my room. 172800, 172799, 172798,.... won't eat... won't sleep... won't take bathroom breaks... yeah it's gunna be messy. :P
ew, gross. Please don't. lol

I'm still sticking with how many weeks are left. Right now it's at ~2.5

haha well that would also make me brainwashed;-) Oh dear...

On a side note:

What's everybody doing on May 13th during the day and at night once you find out your fate?

If I get in: Getting all f**ked up in celebration

If I don't get in: Getting all f**ked up in misery, probably alone in a corner of my room.

I don't know if I want to be in my lab that day. If I get good news then the lab people will hear about before the people that I love. If I get bad news, then I will break down in front of my lab mates...Maybe I should just call in sick and stay at home all day..or go shopping so that the time flies while I am anticipating to hear that email chime on my blackberry.

Getting drunk at night no matter what though!

Self-diagnosis of my current condition is:

med school rejection paranoia

which is, according to my Dictionary app:

paranoia |ˌparəˈnoiə|

noun

a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.

...[sigh]

I've been tweeting too much. I was lookin for the 'retweet' button on that. /sigh/

ParaD: I KNEW IT. I will attach a note on my bulletin board about the Association of Atlantean Medical Colleges and their sinister, twisted plot to control the "drylander" admission rates.

I don't know if I want to be in my lab that day. If I get good news then the lab people will hear about before the people that I love. If I get bad news, then I will break down in front of my lab mates...Maybe I should just call in sick and stay at home all day..or go shopping so that the time flies while I am anticipating to hear that email chime on my blackberry.

Getting drunk at night no matter what though!

Sounds like you're having the same thought process that I had. I decided to take a vacation day (since I don't want to find out in front of work people). My friends have already planned to "kidnap" me the night before so they'll prevent me from stressing on the 12th and from checking my email as soon as I get up on the 13th. And regardless of the decision, we're going out that evening.

So that's why I didn't get any Easter eggs this year...

I think there are particle of decaying matter in the air. If you can avoid BioSci today - DO!

Pixie, I saw your message, and I had hoped that if I looked outside, it wouldn't be true...

Yay for an april snowstorm.

Depressing.

Archived