Premed 101 Forums

The official countdown to May 13th 2011

Hurricane force winds here. I didn't enjoy getting sand and small pebbles in my eyes every time I went outside today :(

Oh Hopeful, you are so keen! Already prepped your signature for the in pending decisions! :)

Speaking of wind, anyone watch the news yesterday and see that crazy tornado in the US? Yikes that would be scary!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Graduated undergrad, 2 years 359 days from start to finish, now I have no finals to kill the time. Time to start singing.

I am slowing going crazy, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 switch, crazy going slowly am I, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 switch... I am slowly.....you get the idea......

Wow congratulations! Must feel nice to be done. What did you major in?

I just found out I'll be working the morning of the 13th with no access to a computer (I teach swimming lessons)... not sure how I feel about this, but those poor kids are gonna have one distracted teacher :P

PS. Everyone should check out the blog -- Dr. Walker just posted a long update!

"Our statistical analysis of the MMI results showed us that one of the stations had significant variance in terms of the scores assigned on the Saturday vs the Sunday.... As a result, that station has been eliminated from the calculations."

Wow!! Hope it was one that I bombed...

I just found out I'll be working the morning of the 13th with no access to a computer (I teach swimming lessons)... not sure how I feel about this, but those poor kids are gonna have one distracted teacher :P

PS. Everyone should check out the blog -- Dr. Walker just posted a long update!

"Our statistical analysis of the MMI results showed us that one of the stations had significant variance in terms of the scores assigned on the Saturday vs the Sunday.... As a result, that station has been eliminated from the calculations."

Wow!! Hope it was one that I bombed...

Dr.Walker mentioned that they will most likely send the emails out friday afternoon - so I am sure you will get your fare share of inbox page refreshing once you are done work :D

Was thinking hopefully UBC and UofA send out e-mails earlier...having another acceptance would make the day easier...but getting 2 rejections while waiting for UofC would be cruel and unusual.

Addition: Cruel because I think I have the worst shot at UofC after how I felt the essay went. Which escalates my fear because reapplying this year can be attributed to tanking it last year :(

Am so curious to know which interview station got axed...especially since he states in the blog it wasn't one of the picture based ones which is what I figured it would be. Every other station seemed pretty normal to me and I felt they went really well, so I'm not thrilled about thinking that a station I felt I did well on being eliminated. C'est la vie I guess.

That was the only one I felt I majorly bombed. I was stopped after a min and had to have the interviewer explain the prompt again. Afterwards it went ok, but what a gongshow!!
Without breaking confidentiality (being vague on purpose), was it the one where you had to know how to count/do math?

PM me which this mysterious station everybody had trouble with was? I didn't notice one like that...
See above.

+1, has to be the Sunday one. That one was weird.

I don't think we're talking about the same one though TOK... the interviewer had to explain the scenario to me again (after I started answering), and she said she had to explain it to nearly everyone.

+1, has to be the Sunday one. That one was weird.

I don't think we're talking about the same one though TOK... the interviewer had to explain the scenario to me again (after I started answering), and she said she had to explain it to nearly everyone.

Hmm...really. I can't think of any others that needed to be clarified other than the one I'm thinking of (with the counting). Especially since the only other one that was tricky was the picture one, and Dr. Walker already said it wasn't that one.

My brain refuses to analyze my interview performance.

It is currently set to thoroughly investigate all the possibilities that come along with the three possible notifications on may 13th ... the goal is to generate a list of permutations that would closely describe the possible ways my life could be altered.

13 days of winter left till May 13th

Am so curious to know which interview station got axed...especially since he states in the blog it wasn't one of the picture based ones which is what I figured it would be. Every other station seemed pretty normal to me and I felt they went really well, so I'm not thrilled about thinking that a station I felt I did well on being eliminated. C'est la vie I guess.

Me too. If it is what I think it is then I had that one first. When I started reading the prompt I was like :o ...but then I was like "BAM! I know this. I can do it!" It gave me a bit of a confidence boost, which is all that it is now :(

I was on Sunday and I have no idea what you guys are talking about, math, or otherwise. Not to say there wasn't a messed up station or one involving math just that maybe all the interviews have blended together in my mind. At any rate good on Dr Walker and the U of C for playing it fair and taking care of business.
Agreed.

10ch

Archived