Premed 101 Forums

The official countdown to May 13th 2011

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ making the number red makes me concerned. It's like "They're comming to get you in 4 days. Watch out!" type of concerned.

Obviously, I'm not getting enough sleep. lol

+1, I want a green light from U of C, not a red one:rolleyes:

...didn't realize that people's sensitivity to colour increases as the date approaches :P

Alright, so many days went by and we are getting closer and closer with every moment...

3 HAPPY days and 8 hours till that sleepless night

P.S. What would be the best colour to report "TOMORROW" on thursday? Maybe a variety of colours to reflect everyone's many emotions??? :rolleyes:

2 days and 10 hours

Here is the dream I had last night:

It was the day when the emails were supposed to come out. Friday May 13th. For some reason I was at UofC med school. I saw Dr. Walker and Adele gather people in some unfamiliar looking lecture theatre. I wanted to go in but the only people allowed were med students :( . So I was wondering around and all of a sudden there is this commotion around me. Next thing I know I am outside and everything resembles "The War of The Worlds" type of setting and I am running with all these people somewhere while the ground is cracking under our feet.... but I have my blackberry on me (and it is still working although the world is ending!!!) and I keep getting all kinds of emails but none of them are from med school...I look at my watch and it was already late at night. Then I woke up... with my heart in my throat.

:confused:

I am LE TIRED. Every day I am packing it full of stuff to do to try and distract myself from counting down the hours.

Do you know how tedious this gets when every year you get the same response? siiiiiiiiiiigh

happy waiting guys! almost there.

I am LE TIRED. Every day I am packing it full of stuff to do to try and distract myself from counting down the hours.

Do you know how tedious this gets when every year you get the same response? siiiiiiiiiiigh

happy waiting guys! almost there.

I took up a labour/construction job for the last few weeks so I'm too tired to think of it.

Good luck this year, Lost Lamb :) You are one of dozens of people on here I'd be really excited to go to school with. This crowd has made me much more keen on getting in just because of how cool everyone is.

Who will join me for a big dance party across the country blaring this song when they get in?

I did it for my NOSM acceptance and it confused a lot of people:p

thanks a lot pixie for this thread, I'd like to think it helps with the wait...ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

...didn't realize that people's sensitivity to colour increases as the date approaches :P

Alright, so many days went by and we are getting closer and closer with every moment...

3 HAPPY days and 8 hours till that sleepless night

P.S. What would be the best colour to report "TOMORROW" on thursday? Maybe a variety of colours to reflect everyone's many emotions??? :rolleyes:

Thursday should be red. Even though I was the one against red in the first place, I think a red number 1 will sum up the feelings for most people here.

Oh my god, we are getting so close and it's getting so terrifying... and at the same time I am so excited to finally announce that we only have

ONE day and 14 hours left until May 13th!!!

Hopefully the colours will satisfy you guys:p

I agree with Erk, there are so many people here that I want to be in the same class with. It has been so much pain and so much fun at the same time - and we all shared it!

Two more sleepless nights until we finally know...:D Hang in there!

Oh my god, we are getting so close and it's getting so terrifying... and at the same time I am so excited to finally announce that we only have

ONE day and 14 hours left until May 13th!!!

Hopefully the colours will satisfy you guys:p

I agree with Erk, there are so many people here that I want to be in the same class with. It has been so much pain and so much fun at the same time - and we all shared it!

Two more sleepless nights until we finally know...:D Hang in there!

Love the colour selection.

By the way, am I the only one who is horrified of a thought/ possibility that you could accidentally press "DECLINE" button on UCAN if you are offered admission????? :eek:
I haven't thought about that until you brought it up! I wouldn't worry about it though, as I'm sure an immediate phone call/email by you would clear the situation up.

Thank you everyone for positivity and hopes. My hope is that every gets their wish too. I wish we all could get in...alas, not possible so I am open to accepting whatever comes my way.

I got a short and different haircut yesterday, went for relaxing mani/pedi today, tomorrow have a 1-day road trip planned....and then tomorrow night the overnight flash chat vigil which has become my usual way of killing time during the last 24 hours before I hear. I hope to sleep in Friday and wake up in time to only spend an hour or 2 refreshing my inbox and UCAN. :D

anyone else going to join me in FC on Thursday? Who's in???

sorry to break the positivity here...but i am so nervous and want to be prepared for both situations. of all places that i applied, i only got 2 interviews, and i only have Calgary left for a hope now. (got rejected at the other that i did the interview)

can I ask what your plans are, If, God forbid, you don't get in this year?

sorry to break the positivity here...but i am so nervous and want to be prepared for both situations. of all places that i applied, i only got 2 interviews, and i only have Calgary left for a hope now. (got rejected at the other that i did the interview)

can I ask what your plans are, If, God forbid, you don't get in this year?

I am in sort of similar position to yours: I only have Calgary, but I only applied to UofC. I am not in the greatest mood lately because I have forced myself to expect a rejection letter on Friday. So when I get it, I will know that next year I will be still in the same lab finishing up my MSc and then applying again. After MSc (hoping to graduate in december)...don't know...work I guess...[sigh}:o

In previous years, they sent an email and then things went on from there. To secure a spot you had to give a certified cheque, etc etc.

This year, it appears that the info will show up on UCAN *after lunch* MST, but I think to clarify any confusion they will still send an email.

Lookin' forward to seeing you in the FC, mike! it's been a while since we've spoken!

Do you do a lot of moving, heavy lifting? Just asking out of interest.

I'm renovating a house over the summer, with a little bit of everything because it's a two man job. Yesterday and the day before I was shoveling gravel, today I was setting tiles. There's a fair bit of heavy lifting, more or less depending on what project we're on.

Archived