Premed 101 Forums

2011/12 UBC Applicant Discussion: OAS is now open!

To be honest, haven't really thought about it. I've been really busy lately and I haven't even looked to see when notifications come out, as then I won't think about it and the email will come one day and I will either get good news or bad news, then move on with my life. :P

That is good advice. Last year I obsessed over the process way too much and ended up being pretty upset when I got rejected. This year will be different. I am trying my best to keep positive and just enjoy the year while I am out of school and relaxing. If it is a no, I will just find another way. :)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So... how does everyone feel right now during the waiting period?

I look several times per day at the UBC and UofC forums to see if there is anyone chatting. I just don't want to be the one to start it.

I've still got to submit my UofA app (despite having low chances there), so it's not over yet for me.

interview invites coming out same time as last year? in like 2 weeks?

Yeah the UBC forum will be crazy busy around that time.

Last year I remember it took several days for all the notifications to come out.

First were the ineligibles, then rejected, then interview invites.

Yeah the UBC forum will be crazy busy around that time. Last year I remember it took several days for all the notifications to come out. First were the ineligibles, then rejected, then interview invites.

thanks for the info! I guess all the school work and other applications have kept me busy. I didn't even realize the interview offer is so soon lol

Feels kind of weird. Knowing that the interview results are coming out in a week I have no stress/feelings what so ever but I am starting to become worried about not being worried about the results.

More like 2 weeks or longer.

To contrast, I am worried about invites. And it feels so close but so far away!!

More like 2 weeks or longer.

To contrast, I am worried about invites. And it feels so close but so far away!!

same here, im so worried! it has always been on the back of my mind for the past couple of weeks... this is my 2nd time applying, 1st time i applied was 4 years ago, rejected pre-interview (which i expected b/c of my poor GPA)... i couldn't remember what NAQ score i got though and i was frantically going through all my junk to try to find it to see what i got but couldn't find it

I don't have time to worry because UofA is due tomorrow! It's done but not submitted for me. :)

I am curious about UBC but after what happened last year and how disappointed I felt with the 10-yr-rule thing, I just really don't consider them to be "my" school anymore. I shall embrace my new northerness and look forward to the predicted -20 for friday, the UofA app due tomorrow, and my med terminology final on Thursday. :)

did anyone notice in the blog that there will only be 640 interview invites as opposed to 698 last year (interim stats from last year)....thats like 60 fewer!!!

But if you are one of the lucky ones to get an interview 288/640 = 0.45! I would assume that if that is split into IP and OOP pools, it would be better chances for IP.

If anyone else read the new interview link, I noticed they added "respond to video/audio, as one of the possible stations." I really wonder what that could be since they can't really have that in the hallway, so I wonder if you walk into the room and then watch a video or listen to something? Seems like they are always changing things up and very hard to predict. Another thing to note is the writing station is now only 1 prompt and 20 minutes. I think that is a great idea as two prompts in 30 minutes felt really rushed. It's nice to see that they are constantly trying to improve their process. :P

Good luck to all applicants this year.

Also as a heads up, last year they had rolling interview invites. Basically people were rejected Monday-Thursday and the invites came out on Friday at around 11am. It was a very, very cruel game finding out if you had survived to Friday.

If anyone else read the new interview link, I noticed they added "respond to video/audio, as one of the possible stations." I really wonder what that could be since they can't really have that in the hallway, so I wonder if you walk into the room and then watch a video or listen to something?
We have massive flat panel TVs in the PBL rooms now where the interviews take place. They're probably going to be using those.

If anyone else read the new interview link, I noticed they added "respond to video/audio, as one of the possible stations." I really wonder what that could be since they can't really have that in the hallway, so I wonder if you walk into the room and then watch a video or listen to something? Seems like they are always changing things up and very hard to predict. Another thing to note is the writing station is now only 1 prompt and 20 minutes. I think that is a great idea as two prompts in 30 minutes felt really rushed. It's nice to see that they are constantly trying to improve their process. :P

UBC MMI Challenge 2011/12 Edition: Program this VCR correctly.

:P I think I just dated myself.

Archived