Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

Honestly, not at all.

Repeated question back to all y'all about me, pretending I hadn't already confessed to being an awful person. Be honest... I won't be offended, haha.

I don't see it, if you're really horrible on the inside you sure do suppress it well haha. You strike me as an ultra cool hipster-esque liberal which is my type of person

I'm also working on a paper correlating lack of height with lack of self confidence, get it together man

Do you know anyone that consistently gives compliment insults? *oh you look less ugly today! good for you!*

I don't see it, if you're really horrible on the inside you sure do suppress it well haha. You strike me as an ultra cool hipster-esque liberal which is my type of person

I'm also working on a paper correlating lack of height with lack of self confidence, get it together man

Do you know anyone that consistently gives compliment insults? *oh you look less ugly today! good for you!*

hahaha yeah I live with them. My brothers say stuff like that jokingly of course, to annoy me.

New year resolutions for next year?

Oh lordie. Not hipster-esque! Never, ever. :P And the lack of height thing is only works in my case... untrue in many cases. My shortest friend (under 5" - true hobbit right there) actually has the MOST self-confidence. She also goes on this site. I found her inadvertently, lol. And now I know her GPA and MCAT score :rolleyes:. So thesis = incorrect.. sowwy. Or maybe she just hides it well?

hahaha yeah I live with them. My brothers say stuff like that jokingly of course, to annoy me.

New year resolutions for next year?

Try to cook more instead of eating so much microwaveable Indian food. Not gonna happen though.

Did you ever talk to strangers online in your childhood (when they told you you'd be abducted if you ever did so)?

Every girl I have ever spoken to on the matter thinks you can spot-reduce.

Not me! I don't think that. I've never even heard that phrase before, lol, but I know what you're referring to.

K question for anyone who'd like:

Did you talk to strangers online as a child even though you were constantly told you'd be abducted if you did?

Oh lordie. Not hipster-esque! Never, ever. :P And the lack of height thing is only works in my case... untrue in many cases. My shortest friend (under 5" - true hobbit right there) actually has the MOST self-confidence. She also goes on this site. I found her inadvertently, lol. And now I know her GPA and MCAT score :rolleyes:. So thesis = incorrect.. sowwy. Or maybe she just hides it well?

Dawg, you just watch.

Not me! I don't think that. I've never even heard that phrase before, lol, but I know what you're referring to.

K question for anyone who'd like:

Did you talk to strangers online as a child even though you were constantly told you'd be abducted if you did?

LOL! No I didn't actually, but I was on here before I was 18 if that counts as child

Imagine- PM101 abductor

Do you like yoko ono?

LOL! No I didn't actually, but I was on here before I was 18 if that counts as child

Imagine- PM101 abductor

Do you like yoko ono?

I only like her cover of Firework.

K I need to go to bed because even though I'm not tired, seeing as I slept for 40 minutes last night and I haven't had ANY caffeine all day. And I have another exam tomorrow. But before I go I feel like going on a rant... when I was a wee 12 year old I went on chat rooms all da time and then I had the people on MSN messenger and we'd video chat. I still have some of them on Facebook. When my friends see these random fat British people on my newsfeed, they inquire. I'm like, "O." Just felt like sharing :D. But ya I'm surprised I was never kidnapped by Lauren May from Kings Lynn.

Embarrassing admission from your childhood?

K I need to go to bed because even though I'm not tired, seeing as I slept for 40 minutes last night and I haven't had ANY caffeine all day. And I have another exam tomorrow. But before I go I feel like going on a rant... when I was a wee 12 year old I went on chat rooms all da time and then I had the people on MSN messenger and we'd video chat. I still have some of them on Facebook. When my friends see these random fat British people on my newsfeed, they inquire. I'm like, "O." Just felt like sharing :D. But ya I'm surprised I was never kidnapped by Lauren May from Kings Lynn.

I was abused. It's helpful to say it :)

Best childhood memory?

LOL that's creepy what were you thinking! They could've lured you out from across the pond or something

uh I pronounced my cousin's name wrong until I was like 15, that's how long it took people to notice it LOL, my brother finally corrected me

I was abused. It's helpful to say it :)

Best childhood memory?

When I finally got big enough to beat the s*** back out of my brother, ah sweet childhood memories.

Deep down does it hurt you when someone criticises you?

Several reasons:

1. Our girl brains -- we want our message to be written perfectly so you don't think we're weird. Oh sometimes we forward our msg to our friends first to make sure it's cute/acceptable.

2. We want to reply back asap but don't want to seem desperate

3. We don't like you

4. Guys take a long time to reply back too - to show them whose boss we take twice as long

That's generalized of course lol

How many different countries have you been to?

Uh 11

Why does it seem like hockeykid always has female troubles?

You know I almost did lol, (YES!)

Why not just stick it out in psych?

Because the neuroscience curriculum has like exactly what I want in it. All of what I need none of what I don't need, and it's more interesting to me. AND yes it just sounds more impressive at no additional cost. James Holmes was a neuroscience major you know. Seems fitting don't it?

The following 3.0 credits:

BIOA01H3 Life on Earth: Unifying Principles

BIOA02H3 Life on Earth: Form, Function and Interactions

CHMA10H3 Introductory Chemistry I: Structure and Bonding

CHMA11H3 Introductory Chemistry II: Reactions and Mechanisms

PSYA01H3 Introductory Psychology: Part

PSYA02H3 Introductory Psychology: Part II

2. The following 2.5 credits:

BIOB10H3 Cell Biology

BIOB11H3 Molecular Aspects of Cellular and Genetic Processes

NROB60H3 Neuroanatomy Laboratory

PSYB65H3 Human Brain and Behaviour

[sTAB22H3 Statistics I or PSYB07H3 Data Analysis in Psychology]

3. The following 1.5 credits:

BIOC32H3 Human Physiology I

NROC61H3 Learning and Motivation

NROC64H3 Sensory and Motor Systems

4. 1.0 credit from the following:

BIOC14H3 Genes, Environment and Behaviour

BIOD19H3 Epigenetics in Health and Disease

BIOC33H3 Human Physiology II: Lecture & Laboratory

BIOD27H3 Molecular Endocrinology

BIOD45H3 Animal Communication

BIOD65H3 Pathologies of the Nervous System

NROC34H3 Neuroethology

NROC63H3 Neuroscience Laboratory

NROC69H3 Synaptic Organization & Physiology of the Brain

NROC90H3 Supervised Study in Neuroscience

NROD60H3 Current Topics in Neuroscience

NROD63H3 Advanced Neuroscience Laboratory

NROD66H3 Drug Addiction

NROD67H3 Psychobiology of Aging

PSYC62H3 Drugs and the Brain

PSYD17H3 Social Neuroscience

PSYD33H3 Current Topics in Abnormal Psychology

PSYD66H3 Current Topics in Human Brain & Behaviour

No math other than stats, no physics, no computer science. I guess Cell Bio would be the only "tough" course in there that is compulsory.

Because the neuroscience curriculum has like exactly what I want in it. All of what I need none of what I don't need, and it's more interesting to me. AND yes it just sounds more impressive at no additional cost. James Holmes was a neuroscience major you know. Seems fitting don't it?

The following 3.0 credits:

BIOA01H3 Life on Earth: Unifying Principles

BIOA02H3 Life on Earth: Form, Function and Interactions

CHMA10H3 Introductory Chemistry I: Structure and Bonding

CHMA11H3 Introductory Chemistry II: Reactions and Mechanisms

PSYA01H3 Introductory Psychology: Part

PSYA02H3 Introductory Psychology: Part II

2. The following 2.5 credits:

BIOB10H3 Cell Biology

BIOB11H3 Molecular Aspects of Cellular and Genetic Processes

NROB60H3 Neuroanatomy Laboratory

PSYB65H3 Human Brain and Behaviour

[sTAB22H3 Statistics I or PSYB07H3 Data Analysis in Psychology]

3. The following 1.5 credits:

BIOC32H3 Human Physiology I

NROC61H3 Learning and Motivation

NROC64H3 Sensory and Motor Systems

4. 1.0 credit from the following:

BIOC14H3 Genes, Environment and Behaviour

BIOD19H3 Epigenetics in Health and Disease

BIOC33H3 Human Physiology II: Lecture & Laboratory

BIOD27H3 Molecular Endocrinology

BIOD45H3 Animal Communication

BIOD65H3 Pathologies of the Nervous System

NROC34H3 Neuroethology

NROC63H3 Neuroscience Laboratory

NROC69H3 Synaptic Organization & Physiology of the Brain

NROC90H3 Supervised Study in Neuroscience

NROD60H3 Current Topics in Neuroscience

NROD63H3 Advanced Neuroscience Laboratory

NROD66H3 Drug Addiction

NROD67H3 Psychobiology of Aging

PSYC62H3 Drugs and the Brain

PSYD17H3 Social Neuroscience

PSYD33H3 Current Topics in Abnormal Psychology

PSYD66H3 Current Topics in Human Brain & Behaviour

All of this is rubbing salt in my wound my boy. I already knew what profs I was gonna take for all my courses :(

You do realize it's basically biology right.... you think you can handle the science shock?

All of this is rubbing salt in my wound my boy. I already knew what profs I was gonna take for all my courses :(

You do realize it's basically biology right.... you think you can handle the science shock?

It ain't biology there's like 3 bio courses in there.

But yes, I'm better at science and I believe I can sustain it longer and on average do better on the tests. I am a good writer but the shat doesn't interest me as much.

I'd have to be taking these courses as MCAT prep anyway so it doesn't really make a difference. If I stuck psych I'd be taking 2 bio, 2 gen chem, 1 orgo, 1 biochem anway.

It ain't biology there's like 3 bio courses in there.

But yes, I'm better at science and I believe I can sustain it longer and on average do better on the tests. I am a good writer but the shat doesn't interest me as much.

I'd have to be taking these courses as MCAT prep anyway so it doesn't really make a difference. If I stuck psych I'd be taking 2 bio, 2 gen chem, 1 orgo, 1 biochem anway.

LOL! Are you f**** kidding me?

All the physiology courses, MOST of the neuroscience courses. Learning and memory is most likely 80% physiology and biochemistry. Take a good look at the courses you'll be taking mate, you're in a focused biology stream.

You should really take a good look at a neuroscience textbook before you go through with this, I assure you it's not much different than any of my textbooks :D

LOL! Are you f**** kidding me?

All the physiology courses, MOST of the neuroscience courses. Learning and memory is most likely 80% physiology and biochemistry. Take a good look at the courses you'll be taking mate, you're in a focused biology stream.

You should really take a good look at a neuroscience textbook before you go through with this, I assure you it's not much different than any of my textbooks :D

But I want you to know, I don't fear the biological sciences, I fear the physical sciences. I'm great at memorization-heavy courses like bio, but concept courses like chem and math I need to learn how to better apply myself.

Next year I'll be taking me talents to South Beach.

But I want you to know, I don't fear the biological sciences, I fear the physical sciences. I'm great at memorization-heavy courses like bio, but concept courses like chem and math I need to learn how to better apply myself.

Is this a Neuroscience undergrad you have at your school? Or Master's program?

Is this a Neuroscience undergrad you have at your school? Or Master's program?

LOL I thought most schools had neurosci undergrads?

I love it when people say s*** like this. I'd argue that chem's easier but I'm a math **** so my opinion doesn't matter