Premed 101 Forums

York U anatomy and Phys I

kingston

i think its definitely a great idea to keep informed, but to come on here daily can be detrimental.

and to be honest, i dont think im cut out for schools like mcgill or uoft which require an avg ~3.9 since im struggling to keep a 3.8 lol Im trying my buuuuttt off but its not easy for me! :(

and could i take those courses if im doing psych1010 now?

Most gen ed courses are mainly fall or year long courses which sucks since im trying to find something for next semester since i dropped phys 2 lol

I want to take a psych course too but need the intro course first which as i recall was full OR conflicted with one of my courses already, bah hum bug

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think its definitely a great idea to keep informed, but to come on here daily can be detrimental.

and to be honest, i dont think im cut out for schools like mcgill or uoft which require an avg ~3.9 since im struggling to keep a 3.8 lol Im trying my buuuuttt off but its not easy for me! :(

Don't forget that Mcgill counts As as a 4.0!

damn

kk I'll be the one to make a Phys II thread next semester :P

lol wut?

One thing that bugs me about york is their crappy ass course search.

You should be able to search for courses which aren't currently full. That's such a simple database call that would add a tremendous amount of value because it's SUCH a waste of time trying to go through each course to determine if its full or not.

People who get 3.9s try harder than you may think or try harder than they seem to show, just putting it out there :)

Social psych, motivation, psych of women, health and equity (this ones a 6 credit but it's REALLY EASY and great for fufilling your SOSC requirement), pretty much any NATS course (do double-speed winter term), independent studies are easy A+'s if you can find a supervisor

thanks for the suggestions -which prof did you have for motivation? (or who is pretty easy?)

damn

kk I'll be the one to make a Phys II thread next semester :P

Oh you're taking Human Phys II next semester? welcome to the club lol

One thing that bugs me about york is their crappy ass course search.

You should be able to search for courses which aren't currently full. That's such a simple database call that would add a tremendous amount of value because it's SUCH a waste of time trying to go through each course to determine if its full or not.

+1 totally agree. And I wish it'd show how many students are currently enrolled, would help so much when having backups (ie, if you're debating between two different courses, and one has 50+ seats open while the other has like 6, you know you should just grab the nearly-filled one to keep your spot until you've made your final decision).

Oh btw for all Human phys II peeps, apparently the lectures are going to be recorded by them...according to the syllabus. So we don't have to upload lecture recordings :)

hey guys, I was wondering any of you know about how medical school handle course credit exclusions? ( Because the grade will appear, with a NCR). I am probably going to send a ltter soon; but ya.

Reason I am asking is because, if I want to finish a GIS certificate, I have to redo a GEOG stats , and they said my biostats won't count as a replacement.

hey guys, I was wondering any of you know about how medical school handle course credit exclusions? ( Because the grade will appear, with a NCR). I am probably going to send a ltter soon; but ya.

Reason I am asking is because, if I want to finish a GIS certificate, I have to redo a GEOG stats , and they said my biostats won't count as a replacement.

Hey I have a similar question but I'm not sure who to ask, who'd you talk to about your biostats course thing?

You may still finished with an A. I finished with a 79 too, but then we got a 1% boost and then any .5's were rounded up, so I got an A.

It's actually a 78.95%. But if the letter grades are posted on your York passport, then that doesn't mean its final? (there are 68 students who still need to write the deferred exam in January, but I doubt they would change the average much of a course that has ~1000 students in it). I have no idea if we got a boost or not on the final exam marks....

It's actually a 78.95%. But if the letter grades are posted on your York passport, then that doesn't mean its final? (there are 68 students who still need to write the deferred exam in January, but I doubt they would change the average much of a course that has ~1000 students in it). I have no idea if we got a boost or not on the final exam marks....

The people who write the deferred exam are not counted in the average. They are also not counted in the number of people in the class (n) on your transcript.

talk to profs quickly if you wanna see anything done (ie before break). I had a 79.3 once, and the prof wouldnt budge..

i found out marks were posted via this forum, how surprising..

also, who is in bio mechanics and human phys 2

talk to profs quickly if you wanna see anything done (ie before break). I had a 79.3 once, and the prof wouldnt budge..

i found out marks were posted via this forum, how surprising..

also, who is in bio mechanics and human phys 2

Nah, she said no. Guess I deserve it though. The one thing that's bothering me though is that one person on that facebook page said she got hers bumped up...(how!?)

Nah, she said no. Guess I deserve it though. The one thing that's bothering me though is that one person on that facebook page said she got hers bumped up...(how!?)

dont always believe what people tell you. Prof Wu is very professional and I do not think she will make special considerations for one person and not another. If u recall she was having "ethical issues" deciding if ppl that didn't write there answers on the scantron should have there midterm marked. I find it very hard to believe that a Prof would bump individual people, because i am sure that person wasn't the only one that got 89% or 79% or even like 69%. But I have had a Prof give EVERYONE an extra 1% to avoid this kind of dilemma. When it comes to these things Professors try as hard to be neutral to all students, but again not all Profs are neutral, but Dr.Wu seems to be one of them.

dont always believe what people tell you. Prof Wu is very professional and I do not think she will make special considerations for one person and not another. If u recall she was having "ethical issues" deciding if ppl that didn't write there answers on the scantron should have there midterm marked. I find it very hard to believe that a Prof would bump individual people, because i am sure that person wasn't the only one that got 89% or 79% or even like 69%. But I have had a Prof give EVERYONE an extra 1% to avoid this kind of dilemma. When it comes to these things Professors try as hard to be neutral to all students, but again not all Profs are neutral, but Dr.Wu seems to be one of them.

Yeah you're right, she does seem like someone who wouldn't bump up individual grades, the only reason I even asked was because that girl said it worked for her.

because sadly 1.5% is alot. The other girl only had 0.5% of a bump needed.

lol no mine was 1% (well 1.001) and the other girl said hers was 0.95% (so 1% basically).

Actually, she sounds very much like a person who would do such a thing. Close to retirement, she is just teaching to pass time now. She likes students, and she looked at that person's exam schedule. I think it was true, but w.e, everything happens for a reason is what I always say.. How did you think about Immuno today?

Impossibly hard eh?

Yeah you're right, she does seem like someone who wouldn't bump up individual grades, the only reason I even asked was because that girl said it worked for her.

lol no mine was 1% (well 1.001) and the other girl said hers was 0.95% (so 1% basically).

didnt she say 0.5? meh.. i dont know thats weird. She could have just shut you down because too many people started asking. It's dumb for that girl to announce it to the world.. that group had ALOT of members.

why not just ask Dr.Wu what you must have gotten to be bumped, i bet she would say she doesn't bump. Also to bump students she would have to send a change grade report to the registrar office's, seeing how this is not the first years she's teaching she definitely has experienced things like this in the past and I believe if she wanted to bump students she would have waited until the students had a chance to mssg her b4 the marks were submitted.

I would like to know what she has to say.

Actually, she sounds very much like a person who would do such a thing. Close to retirement, she is just teaching to pass time now. She likes students, and she looked at that person's exam schedule. I think it was true, but w.e, everything happens for a reason is what I always say.. How did you think about Immuno today?

Impossibly hard eh?

LOL! that part made me laugh :P But that person got an 89%, I don't think her exam schedule has much to do with it, she just wanted to hit that 90 (anyone would). but in all seriousness, I don't understand why she'd do it...

Oh mannn immuno ...I focused on the molecular stuff like she said to, but the autoimmune stuff was like 50% of her MC!

Archived