Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invitations Are OUT!!!! Accepted/Rejected

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can you guys all shut up? this is supposed to be about interview notifications, there's 18 pages worth of replies and so far i've only seen ONE relevant post.

make another thread, geez.

It's not surprising that the discussion has digressed given that everyone is anxious to speculate. Forum is like this - live with it.

can you guys all shut up? this is supposed to be about interview notifications, there's 18 pages worth of replies and so far i've only seen ONE relevant post.

Ya. You guys are like ruining my life... Gosh

Signed,

Napoleon Dynomite

Everyone is is in the same stressed-out-boat. Let 'em vent and rant if they find it therapeutic... No one is being hurt. Just chill.

This sound scary. Does this mean rejections have been sent? are being sent? Why does UBC do this to its applicants? Why can't they not play mind games with us?

http://admissionsblog.med.ubc.ca/2011/11/15/faqs-for-applicants-not-invited-for-interview/#comments

No full file review rejections have been sent out yet, otherwise you'd see a lot of posts on this thread with people posting their stats up

No need to stress about it. Even of you dont't get in it may be a blessing in disguise. After all, you will be saved a lot of work,stress and sacrifice only to finish residency and have to compete for patients with nurse practitioners, naturopaths and the like. Even specialties like ENT and Ophthal look over their shoulders at speech language pathologists and optometrists who can treat some of the same patient and their scope of practice has a tendency to expand.

And if the American trend continues to migrate slowly north this kind of thing will only worsen. It is in government's interests to increase competition for patients because an increased supply of Practitioners will Lower the cost of reimbursements. In the US it is the big insurance companies who benefit.

Just making the point that what is now the golden profession will likely lose its luster in the future.

It's still great to help people as a job though. But you can do that in other professions that are easier to get into.

lol I realized I made a terrible mistake on the apps. I was filling them out at the same time as american schools which don't allow pre uni activities to be listed + apparently I was looking at the instructions from the previous year where it says they are to be excluded because I was doing it rather early. so my naq will have no pre uni stuff which is like 2 jobs, bunch of sports teams, volunteering, + leadership. ah what a potentially very dumb way to not make the cut. and im oop so really needed every point I could muster. not expecting too much now lol but might be interesting to use my naq score as a comparison for others to how much including pre uni activities can help.
don't stress too much. I m in the same boat, except I included an activities that continued from high school and I m IP. You are doing great at us schools, while I m still waiting for an interview.

No need to stress about it. Even of you dont't get in it may be a blessing in disguise. After all, you will be saved a lot of work,stress and sacrifice only to finish residency and have to compete for patients with nurse practitioners, naturopaths and the like. Even specialties like ENT and Ophthal look over their shoulders at speech language pathologists and optometrists who can treat some of the same patient and their scope of practice has a tendency to expand.

And if the American trend continues to migrate slowly north this kind of thing will only worsen. It is in government's interests to increase competition for patients because an increased supply of Practitioners will Lower the cost of reimbursements. In the US it is the big insurance companies who benefit.

Just making the point that what is now the golden profession will likely lose its luster in the future.

It's still great to help people as a job though. But you can do that in other professions that are easier to get into.

lolwut.jpg

Still no news! Hopefully tomorrow will bring something good for us :D

lolwut.jpg

Still no news! Hopefully tomorrow will bring something good for us :D

FYI, last year, I got my email at 4pm. There could still be an en mass this afternoon. Tick, tock. Ugh. Time. Is. Going. So. Slow.

Admissions: "We are not trying to prolong the agony deliberately, honestly – it’s just things take time, we are dealing with large numbers of applicants. As stated earlier, all notification will be sent out this week."

Really? Coulda fooled me! :P

Is it honestly that hard to send ~2000 emails in one day?

Archived