Premed 101 Forums

2012 Applicant thread

Holy shaving cream. PhysioP was right 3.91 was the cutoff for U of A. Normally the cut-off is 3.8ish says the coordinator. Even though they do their GPA calcs differently thats really concerning for UWO....

i wouldn't be surprised if UWO cutoff this year is 3.8+

but last year, the posts on this forum showed a lot of movement on the waitlist.

i think people still have their top choices set at Mac and U of T.

so there will be a lot of digging deep into the waitlist regardless of what the cutoff is

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wouldn't be surprised if UWO cutoff this year is 3.8+

but last year, the posts on this forum showed a lot of movement on the waitlist.

i think people still have their top choices set at Mac and U of T.

so there will be a lot of digging deep into the waitlist regardless of what the cutoff is

is there a reason why Mac and UofT are more popular than Western? Is it because of the placement locations?

Guest Physioprospect

Also alot of people are attracted to the fact that there class mates were selected via interview rather than just GPA, usually makes for a better suited class. I know a couple PTs from U of T and a couple from western and the skill set of the ones from U of T are way above western, its amazing really.

that is a prettty bold statement to base a universities standing by only comparing a few physios who have graduated from each program. Since we are all applicants and none of us are "In" we cannot objectively state what makes one better or not. I happen to know some of the most well respected physios in a part of the province, that I will not say for privacy, that are regarded as physio gurus and are from Western. Maybe the owner just hires well! Each program has great and average physios come out. To say that there are noticeable differences in the graduates is too bold as you do not know how high in the class each one you are comparing were.

Just think we should respect all programs bc they are all a bit unique in what they offer, whether it is the city, specialty they are known for, or teaching style, placements etc.

Im sure someone with a didactic learnind style will not appreciate Mac (perhaps) and may not do well and just get by. I know I would not want to say that the Mac program is not as "good" though based on this small sample.

that is a prettty bold statement to base a universities standing by only comparing a few physios who have graduated from each program. Since we are all applicants and none of us are "In" we cannot objectively state what makes one better or not. I happen to know some of the most well respected physios in a part of the province, that I will not say for privacy, that are regarded as physio gurus and are from Western. Maybe the owner just hires well! Each program has great and average physios come out. To say that there are noticeable differences in the graduates is too bold as you do not know how high in the class each one you are comparing were.

Just think we should respect all programs bc they are all a bit unique in what they offer, whether it is the city, specialty they are known for, or teaching style, placements etc.

Im sure someone with a didactic learnind style will not appreciate Mac (perhaps) and may not do well and just get by. I know I would not want to say that the Mac program is not as "good" though based on this small sample.

amen brother

everything on this forum - can be found somewhere else.

i don't feel like it.

Actually no. There's plenty of information applicants will share that they have painstakingly done their own research on or asked admissions (not posted). Maybe you should stop being so lazy? With computers and internet nowadays it's really not too hard.

Actually no. There's plenty of information applicants will share that they have painstakingly done their own research on or asked admissions (not posted). Maybe you should stop being so lazy? With computers and internet nowadays it's really not too hard.

Its actually harder to find than one might think.

Certainly will take a hell of a lot longer than someone popping on here and saying "western 3 years, masters - queens 2 years, bachelors, mac 2 years masters".

I mean I'm interested, but I don't care THAT much I'm just curious; figure I'd throw up a post and see if someone would reply - and someone will reply...well maybe not now...but now that I said "maybe not now" maybe someone will...but now that I said that they probably won't....but n-

To be a PT you must have a Masters. Any program for full accredation as a Physio will lead to a masters.

Be aware that McGill has a Bsc program, but that doesn't lead to the same qualification. So far as I know, all programs switched over to masters, or are very clearly stated that they are a Bsc program.

a PT's salary all depends on where they work, it varies but as you get more experience it tends to go up... I had volunteer experience in a Neuro rehab centre, as well as at a Veteran's unit and with a "Get Active Again" program for obese adults. I had a 4.0/4.3 for DAL's application.

However, DAL's application is different as you are only competing against people from your own province, unless you are from outside of the Maritime provinces and you'd be competing against the rest of Canada for 5ish seats.

Any chance of physio's salary going up in the future?

What was your application like Cojo (GPA, ec's if they matter)?

Archived