Premed 101 Forums

2012 Applicant thread

McMaster PT question:

Has any out-of-province or internal student received a McMaster PT interview invite today?

I am an international student (on studend visa, no Canadian residency,) living in Ontario with 3.85 GPA (according to ORPAS/Ontaro university's application center) and did not get any e-mail, invitation or rejection today...

Do you think Mac is done with sending invitations?

did you check your junk mail?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Philly, thanks for the quick response.

I just double checked, but nothing on my junk mails....

I would give them a call to find out whats going on

because you do have a very high GPA and should've received an invite

unless international students get their emails at a different time..but that would be odd..

well their interviews are 27-29th they assign to a certain day but perhaps you can get switched around if you have a legitimate reason

Yeah unless you have a legitimate reason (ie they scheduled ur CAP and MMI on the same day/time) I don't think you can get it changed.

That's off. All emails (invites and rejections) were supposed to go out today. Maybe there was a problem with your orpas account? Did you get anything from UofT?

No, I couldn't apply for U of T. As an international student without a Canadian residency, there were only three PT programs (U of Alberta, McGill QY and McMaster) which accepted my application. I didn't get any interview invite from U of A or McMaster (no invite or rejection e-mails from both) as of now.

Do you know of any international student (w/o residency) being accepted to the Canadian PT school recently?

No, I couldn't apply for U of T. As an international student without a Canadian residency, there were only three PT programs (U of Alberta, McGill QY and McMaster) which accepted my application. I didn't get any interview invite from U of A or McMaster (no invite or rejection e-mails from both) as of now.

Do you know of any international student (w/o residency) being accepted to the Canadian PT school recently?

Damn, I was under the impression that you could apply to all schools since you did your undergrad here.

Either ways you should have heard something from McMaster (I got a rejection FWIW). Did you try logging into your ORPAS account? Maybe your application wasn't submitted? Or maybe you used a different email?

I don't know if this is true for anyone here, but I found that this term I've been seriously slacking in my courses and not studying as hard or eager to get that 3.7+ GPA >< Maybe it's a combination of this being my last undergrad term as well as comfort in knowing that PT schools only look at my last 20 courses completed by the fall term of 4th year :P

Ok, so my question is... any idea if my chances of an acceptance would be decreased if my GPA for this term drops down to ~3.5, even though I've managed 3.8-3.9 since 2nd year? Does anyone know if there is a certain range that our winter term GPA must be within for us to still receive an offer of admission in May? Thanks and good luck on everyone's final exams!! I should REALLY stop procrastinating and start studying... Sigh.

bubs u should be fine with your 3.85 as a lockin for UWO (barring some reference catastrophe). I wouldn't worry too much. However, don't you want to finish undergrad to the best of your ability anyways? I mean god forbid you don't get in this year. A 3.5 will totally destroy what 3.8-3.9 you had before.

You're fine though haha. I'm just sitting here hoping 3.82 is good enough for 1st round UWO offers

bubs u should be fine with your 3.85 as a lockin for UWO (barring some reference catastrophe). I wouldn't worry too much. However, don't you want to finish undergrad to the best of your ability anyways? I mean god forbid you don't get in this year. A 3.5 will totally destroy what 3.8-3.9 you had before.

You're fine though haha. I'm just sitting here hoping 3.82 is good enough for 1st round UWO offers

If you don't mind me asking, is western your first choice (and if so, why western over the other schools?)

Thanks Jonnny! I was just getting a bit worried after estimating my GPA this term to be ~3.56 :( (although percentage-wise it'd still be 80+... don't you hate how even one or two bad grades can destroy your GPA??!) Of course I do want to finish undergrad to the best of my ability.. I admit it's my own fault for becoming too relaxed this term!

Anyhow, let's hope we both make 1st round UWO offers! 1 more month!!!

Yeah unless you have a legitimate reason (ie they scheduled ur CAP and MMI on the same day/time) I don't think you can get it changed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a CAP/MMI scheduling conflict is a valid reason to re-schedule. It was my impression that they purposely did it as a way to reduce the list (Alberta has their MMI on the same day). Most of the time, CAP/MMI slots that are freed up/offered to waitlisted students are the timings that cause an MMI/CAP scheduling conflict.

Archived