Premed 101 Forums

2012 Applicant thread

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you mean by 3.40? I think I saw somewhere that Queen's took students in with 2.90

No, I believe you needed a 3.40 GPA for them to even consider looking at your personal profile. A 2.90 GPA is far too low to be considered.

I knew somebody with a 3.60 GPA who was not accepted or even waitlisted whereas someone with a 3.40 GPA received a first-round offer. The difference, obviously, was the personal profiles. You'll all have similar experiences to write about so you have to show them something that will make your application stand out.

Yeah I just checked my email, they said it was cGPA 2.90 and sGPA 3.5 for 2011. I remember for 2010 it was about the same, 2.90 and 3.4 respectively

No, I believe you needed a 3.40 GPA for them to even consider looking at your personal profile. A 2.90 GPA is far too low to be considered.

I knew somebody with a 3.60 GPA who was not accepted or even waitlisted whereas someone with a 3.40 GPA received a first-round offer. The difference, obviously, was the personal profiles. You'll all have similar experiences to write about so you have to show them something that will make your application stand out.

When talking about Queens cutoff, are you guys talking about cGPA or subGPA??

Yeah I just checked my email, they said it was cGPA 2.90 and sGPA 3.5 for 2011. I remember for 2010 it was about the same, 2.90 and 3.4 respectively

holy crap you scared me I thought this was a reply to my question about the mac invite at first.

i got denied - it said cutoff for interviews was 3.75, and I have a 3.74. friiiiiiig, does anyone know how a waitlist works? would they tell you in the email if you were on it??

where are you getting this info? was there a denied email email that stated this?

@PT Hopeful, that can't be true

If You have a 3.74 GPA and you say the cutoff was 3.75, than surely you would be put on the waitlist. I was on the waitlist last year for Mcmaster as it was a 3.72 cutoff intially, but went down to a 3.68 after all the people declined their invites.

If I was you, I would call Mcmaster and find out about this

@PT Hopeful, that can't be true

If You have a 3.74 GPA and you say the cutoff was 3.75, than surely you would be put on the waitlist. I was on the waitlist last year for Mcmaster as it was a 3.72 cutoff intially, but went down to a 3.68 after all the people declined their invites.

If I was you, I would call Mcmaster and find out about this

thanks Ultimate, I will probably end up doing that today - do I just call the admissions office? the email that I received should have said I was on the waitlist if I in fact was, correct?

Yes, Last year I got an email saying Waitlisted for Mcmaster interview, and sure enough I got an offer for an interview a day later.

The only logical explination I can think of as to why you didn't get the waitlist invite, is that Mcmaster has gone away from the waitlist all together. From what I can remember, last year they admitted too many students. Could this be their method of lessening the burden of work for the application process? I really hope not, and hope all of you get the invite

McMaster PT question:

Has any out-of-province or internal student received a McMaster PT interview invite today?

I am an international student (on studend visa, no Canadian residency,) living in Ontario with 3.85 GPA (according to ORPAS/Ontaro university's application center) and did not get any e-mail, invitation or rejection today...

Do you think Mac is done with sending invitations?

Archived