Premed 101 Forums

2012 Applicant thread

Only applied to Queen's and UofT in Ontario. Queen's is pretty ambiguous and Toronto, got to get passed the CAP still. I feel confident on getting an interview though.

What about outside of Ontario? Do you have a preference for any school?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably UBC...merely based on proximity. I'm not sure if I would want to move out of BC if I don't have to.

I know that ubc sends out offers before most intro schools. I'm just playing the devils advocate, but would you bother attending uofts cap if you get into ubc?

I know that ubc sends out offers before most intro schools. I'm just playing the devils advocate, but would you bother attending uofts cap if you get into ubc?

I would still attend UofT's cap. I've never been to Toronto so it would give me a good excuse to visit and make a trip out of it. I would still consider going to UofT even if I got accepted into UBC. I would give myself some time rather than immediately accept the first offer that came my way.

However, If I did get accepted to UBC, I would probably not attend the UofA MMI. That one falls in the middle of my exam period and I'm not super keen on Edmonton.

@PThopeful - Thanks for the heads up!

Can you guys please post once you have heard back from Mac about MMA interviews? I don't think I will hear back from Mac or U of T considering my 3.61 this year. I'm hoping I have the magic formula that Queen's is looking for.

Can you guys please post once you have heard back from Mac about MMA interviews? I don't think I will hear back from Mac or U of T considering my 3.61 this year. I'm hoping I have the magic formula that Queen's is looking for.

I'm gonna be an ass. If you're looking for MMA interviews you're in the wrong forum :P. But yes, ppl will probably post once they get the invites to UT and Mac MMI interviews

Just so everyone knows, the U of T CAP invites go out on March 29 by 10 a.m.

http://www.physicaltherapy.utoronto.ca/admissions/how-to-apply/important-dates

I think they just updated the date in the last hour or two.

Thanks for the heads up. 1048 people applied this year (14 less than last year). Anyone care to guess what that means for the GPA cutoff?

Here's the link: http://www.physicaltherapy.utoronto.ca/admissions/how-to-apply#Application Statistics

I probably won't be getting an invitation either - just reviewed the states to the previous link with update info from u of t. considering last yr's cut off was 3.68...

I can't imagine it anything below 3.7 for this yr. Does anyone know of applicants who have been able to "slip" through these gpa cut-offs for whatever reason? e.g. someone with a below cut-off range getting acceptance?...

just curious.

praying for queens!

I'm actually gonna say the GPA cutoff will be lower. Around 3.65...Pure speculation lol

I was thinking the same thing, maybe even down to a 3.63

I probably won't be getting an invitation either - just reviewed the states to the previous link with update info from u of t. considering last yr's cut off was 3.68...

I can't imagine it anything below 3.7 for this yr. Does anyone know of applicants who have been able to "slip" through these gpa cut-offs for whatever reason? e.g. someone with a below cut-off range getting acceptance?...

just curious.

praying for queens!

I haven't heard of anyone slipping through the cutoffs with a lower GPA. From what I know the cutoffs are hard. What's your gpa? Maybe you can try taking some courses to boost your subGPA. I've heard of some success stories that have gone that route.

Not high enough - around 3.6 basically. Not too proud of it.

Taking extra courses to boost gpa requires a lot of work - you need about a full yr's worth of courses to significantly change anything. But if it comes down to it - I would totally do it. Just sucks to have to wait another yr...

Why so low? Also, with this new information on less applicants to UT... I wonder how this will impact Western. Ie. Less applicants to UWO as well?

It's only 14 less applicants - I wonder if that would really drastically change anything...

I curse the day western decided to change their admission req's aka... no related experience or volunteering is need.

Why so low? Also, with this new information on less applicants to UT... I wonder how this will impact Western. Ie. Less applicants to UWO as well?
It's just a hunch I have. Sooner or later somethings gotta give, the GPAs can't be that high every year. I think this is the year that it drops a bit.

It's just a hunch I have. Sooner or later somethings gotta give, the GPAs can't be that high every year. I think this is the year that it drops a bit.

Number of applicants did not deviate much from last year, so I'm going to predict that the GPA will be around the same as next year, at most it will fluctuate 0.02 above or below 3.68 from last year.

Archived