Premed 101 Forums

SN2ed Summer 2012

t0ny

Hey everyone,

I am doing the SN2ed MCAT study schedule this summer and writing the MCATs on August 23rd but might change to early september.

So I wanted to start a thread first of all to know if anyone else is following this schedule this summer as well. If anyone is, we can use this thread to show our progress and any problems we encounter along the way or questions for it. We can use it to try to stay motivated!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm using it now. It is roughly at least 6 hours per day. Depending on the subject and the material. 2-3 hours for the corresponding chapter (I take longer cuz I like to take notes). Then more time for reviewing the previous days work/passages + verbal + whatever else.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds Intense!

That's what I was hoping this thread would be. A vent/talk about sn2ed schedule and MCAT studies in general. I'm starting my schedule on may 4th and I already have all my books (All TBR books, All EK except bio). When are u all starting ?

how do you start studying? im so bored out of my mind.. I don't feel like studying.. Everytime I study something, I keep thinking "I already know this stuff"

if you know the stuff, then you know the stuff. move on :D keep in mind that 11-15 for bs, ps, makes no difference in Ontario

Will most likely start within a couple days doing the 3 month version of the schedule. Exams ended last week so I wanted to rest for a bit before starting. Should be done near the start of August, and will attempt to fit in more FL's in that time for more practice.

I've got the whole SN2ed set, and was thinking of also grabbing TPR for some extra passage practice.

I don't know if there is such a thing as too much VR practice :D . It is definitely the most important section as far as Canadian schools are concerned, and one of the hardest to learn.

I wonder if there is anything else besides the EK 101 and TPRH verbal to study off of that closely represents the MCAT verbal.

I'm writing the MCAT in Saturday (eeek!) and am NOT ready. So I'm planning on taking it again in August (no date set yet though). I'll be doing a modified version using just TPR and maybe EK extra for verbal though with verbal it's currently my strongest area.

I'll be starting around mid-may.

I'm writing the MCAT in Saturday (eeek!) and am NOT ready. So I'm planning on taking it again in August (no date set yet though). I'll be doing a modified version using just TPR and maybe EK extra for verbal though with verbal it's currently my strongest area.

I'll be starting around mid-may.

I'm actually doing the same. I'm in grad school, and coursework was heavy enough this term that I didn't get to do nearly as much studying as I wanted to (aka I've really only been studying for less than a month, and I haven't taken many life sciences at the university level). I figured I'll write it anyway for the experience (and who knows, I might get lucky and get the scores I want).

I'm planning to rewrite in Late August/Early September (will book a date 48 hours after the exam on Saturday), and will be doing the 4-month method starting probably the second week of May. I'm also working a full-time job this summer (no choice, as most grad students will tell you, haha), so I'm hoping that the 4-month plan combined with the month I've already done will be enough.

Archived