Premed 101 Forums

SN2ed Summer 2012

t0ny

Hmm yeh im having some difficulty keeping up but i think i'll be fine. Worse comes to worse i'll push it back to first or second week september and write at that point.

I'll see how things go. How is all your studies with SN2ed? Any hiccups? Things taking longer than it should?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started off taking notes on everything, but I found it was taking me WAY too long to get through chapters and that I was getting caught up in the details and getting really frustrated with it. I've switched my strategy to just reading through, writing minimal (or no) notes and focusing on the big picture, and it's been much more successful for my overall understanding =)

Yeah, I don't think notes would be too helpful for Physics and Gen Chem, if you feel like you need help grasping some of the concepts I would do questions out of the 1001 books. Even for Bio, the passages from BR that I have done so far haven't focused too much on detail.

I started off taking notes on everything, but I found it was taking me WAY too long to get through chapters and that I was getting caught up in the details and getting really frustrated with it. I've switched my strategy to just reading through, writing minimal (or no) notes and focusing on the big picture, and it's been much more successful for my overall understanding =)

Yeah I started out making notes as well and it really does take forever just to get through the chapters. The exam focuses on critical thinking rather than memorization anyway so I'm thinking I'll just make minimal notes for things like formulas and things that are not sticking.

Hey guys

you know how it says on day 1, read chapter 1 physics.

Does it mean read all of SECTION1? (around 30 pages) all the stuff on translational motion? but then it has 10 passages. Which 7 is Sn2ed talking about?

Also, where's the review passages and and practice exam passages?

Do I have the wrong version?

It means you read the Chapter on Translational motion (30 pages). Then you look at any passages or discretes your version has after the chapter. Divide these up into 3 groups. First 1/3 for chapter 1 means you do one set of the 3, second set of 1/3 for chapter 1 means you do the second...and so forth.

It means you read the Chapter on Translational motion (30 pages). Then you look at any passages or discretes your version has after the chapter. Divide these up into 3 groups. First 1/3 for chapter 1 means you do one set of the 3, second set of 1/3 for chapter 1 means you do the second...and so forth.

Thanks! It doesn`s look like I have any discretes in my versions or practice exams. I just have 10 passages after each section. I guess Ill have to do passage 1,2,3,4, = set1, 5,6,7, = set2, 8,9,10, = set3.

Anybody has the same version as me?

Thanks! It doesn`s look like I have any discretes in my versions or practice exams. I just have 10 passages after each section. I guess Ill have to do passage 1,2,3,4, = set1, 5,6,7, = set2, 8,9,10, = set3.

Anybody has the same version as me?

Do 1,3,5,7 so you cover the whole chapter.

I believe square planar = 4 Ligands + 2 lone pairs

And tetrahedral is simply 4 Ligands no lonelairs

Sweet. Thanks man!

Also, is everyone actually adhering to the 6 min 30 seconds time limit sn2ed recommends on verbal/science passages? I've been sticking to that and have been fluctuating from 4-5/7, with the occasional passages that I either end up getting perfect on or completely bombing. Especially the philosophy ones. Those are absolutely brutal and they basically become gibberish by the time I've hit the 3rd paragraph.

Princeton says to allot 7.5 mins for a FIVE question passage, 9 mins for a 6 question one, and 10.5 mins for a 7 question passage. That seems a lot more lenient/reasonable.

I'm debating switching to the princeton time limits.

EDIT: I just comfortably finished a 6 Q passage in 7 mins 10 seconds. I might shave a minute off whatever time princeton says to do.

Sweet. Thanks man!

Also' date=' is everyone actually adhering to the 6 min 30 seconds time limit sn2ed recommends on verbal/science passages? I've been sticking to that and have been fluctuating from 4-5/7, with the occasional passages that I either end up getting perfect on or completely bombing. Especially the philosophy ones. Those are absolutely brutal and they basically become gibberish by the time I've hit the 3rd paragraph.

[b']Princeton says to allot 7.5 mins for a FIVE question passage, 9 mins for a 6 question one, and 10.5 mins for a 7 question passage. That seems a lot more lenient/reasonable. [/b]

I'm debating switching to the princeton time limits.

Is that for Verbal or Science?

6:30 max eh. Nice. How long have you been practicing? And did you start off untimed or with a more higher time limit? Or did you always work with 6:30? I find a lot of the questions I get wrong are because I feel rushed towards the end of the time limit.

And the breakdown I posted was for VR.

Here's the science breakdown though:

5 question passage - 6.5-7 mins.

6 question passage - 8 mins.

7 question passage - 9-9.5 mins.

Archived