Premed 101 Forums

SN2ed Summer 2012

t0ny

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When is the best time to do full-length timed AAMC exams, 3 weeks before or 2 weeks before?

Assuming I have done content review and stand alone passages for every section before I get down with FLs?

As much time as possible, if it is 4 weeks, great! If it is 5 even better.

I haven't truly found weaknesses until I do the passages, the more practice tests (TBR CBT's, AAMC FL's) you can get in, the better. Practice practice practice. Obviously you want to give yourself time to review the FL's too.

Already wish I had given more time to just going through tons of passages. Obviously we still have around a month left, but from now on its going to be a light review and tons of practice passages everyday and only focusing on where I am really struggling.

As much time as possible, if it is 4 weeks, great! If it is 5 even better.

I haven't truly found weaknesses until I do the passages, the more practice tests (TBR CBT's, AAMC FL's) you can get in, the better. Practice practice practice. Obviously you want to give yourself time to review the FL's too.

Already wish I had given more time to just going through tons of passages. Obviously we still have around a month left, but from now on its going to be a light review and tons of practice passages everyday and only focusing on where I am really struggling.

thanks for your advice.

I applied the idea of mcat being in a different format den my undergrad exams. Thus I did stand alone passages for every topic in sciences. By the time I start my FL's I would have finished 25 passages per science to get a good idea of passage based exam and maximize FL's experience once I get to the point of doing them.

Well...9//8//9, pretty decent score for my first FL, it could definitely be so much better, I made some terrible mistakes and my bio seemed to be really lacking.

In addition i ran out of time on the PS and i missed the last 5 discretes on the BS. The verbal I seemed to get perfect on til I got to those ****ing humanities passages.

I HATE YOU HUMANITIES.

Heres to hoping I can raise these scores to a 33 within a month, :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

How much time are you folks going to spend preparing for the writing sample? And how are you going to go about preparing for it specifically? Are you just going to do those RaymondPrep prompts or what? I'm not sure how effective it is to just do practice prompts because you won't have any idea how well you are writing them :S (unless someone grades them like Raymond)

How much time are you folks going to spend preparing for the writing sample? And how are you going to go about preparing for it specifically? Are you just going to do those RaymondPrep prompts or what? I'm not sure how effective it is to just do practice prompts because you won't have any idea how well you are writing them :S (unless someone grades them like Raymond)

Well, mine are graded by TPR. If you didn't take a prep course, Raymond is an excellent option. Even if you did take a prep course, it's still great to get extra practice. He offers excellent feedback.

do you think I should devote a lot of time to it? i write on the 7th of september.. i haven't practiced even for 2 minutes yet haha.. thanks

Practice enough to become comfortable with the format. Every essay you write will be structured in the same way. Once you have this down, all you really need is examples.

Some people prepare possible examples in advance, others simply wing it. It's your call.

• 1 month later...

Archived