Premed 101 Forums

SN2ed Summer 2012

t0ny

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't been any replies for a little bit... how is everyone doing? I finished my school course so I've been doing about 2 chapters a day to catch up on what I missed...wondering how you guys are preparing for the written section, if at all? Just practice sample prompts and submit them for grading here on PM101?

Haven't been any replies for a little bit... how is everyone doing? I finished my school course so I've been doing about 2 chapters a day to catch up on what I missed...wondering how you guys are preparing for the written section, if at all? Just practice sample prompts and submit them for grading here on PM101?

I also just finished my spring classes and am lagging behind. I laid out a plan for the remaining chapters and I'm going to double up the days with shorter chapters. As far as the writing section is concerned, I probably won't even look at it until the full lengths. It's best to compile about 10 examples which should cover most/all of the topics. The only essays I will write will be during the full lengths unless I'm struggling with it.

Kind of in the same boat, just finished the summer courses but they were for General and Organic Chem. I've basically caught up for Bio, finished the first 5 chapters, and on the last chapter of Physics (Waves). Hope to do a good review of chem and organic today and begin on the second half of the material.

Does anybody have a 2012 edition of BR or TPR? Does the physics book include a chapter on nuclear physics? I bought a used set of BR and TPR books, and they don't have anything on it. However, it is on the exam according to this website: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/preparing/.

There's also a few topics from bio/gchem/ochem that are on the AAMC list that I don't have in my book.

Having some motivation problems lately.... been doing 1 day on 1 day off the past week. UGHHH

join the club :D

trying to change this....

my habit is to not finish my chapters in a single day. usually for bio (since they are long) i'll do the chapter in like 3-4 days and delay everything else

Hey guys,

Currently finished ch. V in all subjects, looking to keep chugging through though it's getting harder as I haven't learned a lot of the stuff i'm reading especially in orgo...should be done content review in a few weeks and then FL time... don't even know how that'll go :confused:

I'm really thinking of pushing this to early September.

Esp cuz of verbal. Inconsistent practice though, so kinda my fault lol.

My motivation is actually gone. I don't feel like doing anything. I took the past 4 days off entirely thinking it would help me get my priorities back on track, but NOPE.

i was originally scheduled to write it August 23rd.. but there was NO way i was finishing this horrifying schedule by then.. so i moved it to september 7th..im currently starting Day 29 of the schedule (out of the 95) so i'm cutting it REAL close... i think its physically impossible to re-read all the chapters, do the EK 1001 and Bio in-class exam ALL in one day.. unreal

i was originally scheduled to write it August 23rd.. but there was NO way i was finishing this horrifying schedule by then.. so i moved it to september 7th..im currently starting Day 29 of the schedule (out of the 95) so i'm cutting it REAL close... i think its physically impossible to re-read all the chapters, do the EK 1001 and Bio in-class exam ALL in one day.. unreal

If you're having trouble finishing, I would skip the 1001. I don't find it to be very useful.

well before I dropped the august 23rd date, I first checked to see if the sept 7th date is open (if there's a spot available) and there was. so then i made the switch. this was about 3 weeks ago.

-and for the EK 1001, I'm glad that I'm not the only one frustrated because of them. Some of the physics questions are definitely way too hard and I can't see them being on the real test. Taking the EK 1001 out of the schedule seems like a good idea, thanks :)

Can anyone recommend some really good questions for bio? How do you think EK 1001 is for bio?

EK 1001 is good for freestanding questions if you want to review just direct knowledge but I've heard that it isn't good for passage-based questions (they are easier than the actual MCAT passages).

I think the BR biology passages are most on par with the actual MCAT (I personally find them difficult and require a lot of biochemistry). TPR seems also okay for practice questions and passages for all the sections.

EK 1001 is good for freestanding questions if you want to review just direct knowledge but I've heard that it isn't good for passage-based questions (they are easier than the actual MCAT passages).

I think the BR biology passages are most on par with the actual MCAT (I personally find them difficult and require a lot of biochemistry). TPR seems also okay for practice questions and passages for all the sections.

Thanks for the help :)!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived