Premed 101 Forums

Rant about life thread

thehockeykid

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate myself for being so afraid to open up to people. I have this secret I enjoy alot, but I dont share it with my friends even though I know they probably wont care. So here it goes I LOVE mainstream top 40 pop music, and musicals. I am sorry I am not the stereotypical manly man but I really just enjoy it. I listen to it in my car, at home, when i am studying certain subjects, when i am in the bathroom etc.

I hate myself for being so afraid to open up to people. I have this secret I enjoy alot, but I dont share it with my friends even though I know they probably wont care. So here it goes I LOVE mainstream top 40 pop music, and musicals. I am sorry I am not the stereotypical manly man but I really just enjoy it. I listen to it in my car, at home, when i am studying certain subjects, when i am in the bathroom etc.

sounds legit! that stuff takes talent! ..some of your friends probably also secretly enjoy it, too bad no one will fess up..lol:D

I literally laughed out lout in the library reading about your sandwich. Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, it was just so unexpected!

I'm tired of feeling like I'm losing friends because of the amount of time I have to spend dedicated to my studies. :(

already studying, its the first week of school.

it is super awkward when someone you know caught you doing something embarrassing. If they ever brought it up again I would probably pretend that person wasn't me.

lol, i listen to top 40, deftones, tegan and sara, sarah mclacklan, tiesto deadmau5, bassnectar, rammstein, queens of the stone age... literally everything, lotta jazz... music is music... i love britney, lol

sounds legit! that stuff takes talent! ..some of your friends probably also secretly enjoy it, too bad no one will fess up..lol:D

people can be many things, including dialectical opposites... im masculine and feminine... totally open book about my feelings, lack social phobia completely... i love plays, and like tiesto live... it;s funny how we adopt characteristics and often reject the opposite taits out of black and white thinking

already studying, its the first week of school.

it is super awkward when someone you know caught you doing something embarrassing. If they ever brought it up again I would probably pretend that person wasn't me.

why? I'm the awkward one all the time. Wear it proudly! Take some enjoyment out of making someone laugh?

Missed a stair yesterday morning going down. Slid across the floor on my face. Was super sexy. Stood up and did the olympic-esq gymnastic landing. Applause! :rolleyes:

Annoyed that my doctor only renews my prescriptions for six months. I'm due for renewal, but I really don't want to go and sit in a waiting room full of people sick with influenza and other respiratory illnesses (since that's what's going around right now). I did get my flu shot, like I do every year, and I know I'll deal with all kinds of sick people as a medical student and physician (should I be so lucky), but right now, with my university studies so important, I really don't want to risk falling ill. It's bad enough that I have to deal with all the sick people coming to class and spreading their germs. People, if you are so ill that you are coughing constantly throughout class, nonstop, disturbing everyone and spreading your germs, please, please stay home and rest. I'll gladly share my notes from the class with you.

I've been on the same dose of thyroid medication for YEARS, and my last blood work was perfectly normal, so why, oh why, do I have to see her every 6 months for a renewal? She only checks my blood once a year anyhow, so why can't she renew the prescription for a year?

At least I don't have to worry about BCP renewals anymore. Yay for IUDs that last 5 years!

Annoyed that my doctor only renews my prescriptions for six months. I'm due for renewal, but I really don't want to go and sit in a waiting room full of people sick with influenza and other respiratory illnesses (since that's what's going around right now). I did get my flu shot, like I do every year, and I know I'll deal with all kinds of sick people as a medical student and physician (should I be so lucky), but right now, with my university studies so important, I really don't want to risk falling ill. It's bad enough that I have to deal with all the sick people coming to class and spreading their germs. People, if you are so ill that you are coughing constantly throughout class, nonstop, disturbing everyone and spreading your germs, please, please stay home and rest. I'll gladly share my notes from the class with you.

I've been on the same dose of thyroid medication for YEARS, and my last blood work was perfectly normal, so why, oh why, do I have to see her every 6 months for a renewal? She only checks my blood once a year anyhow, so why can't she renew the prescription for a year?

At least I don't have to worry about BCP renewals anymore. Yay for IUDs that last 5 years!

Aren't you in Ontario? Take advantage of the pharma-refill opportunity or does that not apply to thyroid meds?

What thyroid meds do you take? straight t4, t3, or a combo?

Aren't you in Ontario? Take advantage of the pharma-refill opportunity or does that not apply to thyroid meds?

What thyroid meds do you take? straight t4, t3, or a combo?

The pharmacy I go to (maybe I'll have to look into another one) won't renew them, perhaps because it can take a while to stabilize thyroid medication levels.

I'm on T4. Eltroxin. For some reason, Synthroid didn't help me much, but Eltroxin does the trick (even though they both have levothyroxine in them - I suspect something about the fillers in Synthroid caused the lack of effect). My body seems to convert the T4 to T3 just fine, but just doesn't produce enough T4 on its own.

The pharmacy I go to (maybe I'll have to look into another one) won't renew them, perhaps because it can take a while to stabilize thyroid medication levels.

I'm on T4. Eltroxin. For some reason, Synthroid didn't help me much, but Eltroxin does the trick (even though they both have levothyroxine in them - I suspect something about the fillers in Synthroid caused the lack of effect). My body seems to convert the T4 to T3 just fine, but just doesn't produce enough T4 on its own.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll assume that you test free t4/3 over TSH?

I find TSH to be a horribly reliable test. I really don't even know why it's used other than to spot potential pituitary issues.

lol just realized I'm offtopic here although I did just include a rant haha

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll assume that you test free t4/3 over TSH?

I find TSH to be a horribly reliable test. I really don't even know why it's used other than to spot potential pituitary issues.

lol just realized I'm offtopic here although I did just include a rant haha

Hehe. Yeah. When I was diagnosed (and when we were stabilizing my medication) we tested TSH and free T3/T4. Now, since I've been stable for so long, the doctor just tests TSH yearly. If my TSH was out of range, I'm sure she'd order the free T3/T4 tests again, but as long as my TSH is normal and I'm not having any symptoms, there's no real need.

I was about to write a long post about TSH, but I'll restrain myself. ;) Last semester we covered a lot about thyroid hormones, metabolism, iodine, and all the various blood tests in both my mammalian physiology and my nutrition assessment courses, so, along with my personal experience, I could go on quite at length on the topic. I'll restrain myself however. :P

is there like a law in place maybe... i get 6 month refills on my adderall or concerta... and those are sched 1... does your doc test tsh every six months, cause honestly i'd wanna see you every six months just in the off chance, if only to cover my butt, ya know?

Hehe. Yeah. When I was diagnosed (and when we were stabilizing my medication) we tested TSH and free T3/T4. Now, since I've been stable for so long, the doctor just tests TSH yearly. If my TSH was out of range, I'm sure she'd order the free T3/T4 tests again, but as long as my TSH is normal and I'm not having any symptoms, there's no real need.

I was about to write a long post about TSH, but I'll restrain myself. ;) Last semester we covered a lot about thyroid hormones, metabolism, iodine, and all the various blood tests in both my mammalian physiology and my nutrition assessment courses, so, along with my personal experience, I could go on quite at length on the topic. I'll restrain myself however. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I hate girls that start crying over trivial things, it makes me want just leave. crying because he takes too long to text back, crying cause her fund raising idea sucks, crying cause ppl dont support her idea and we are "mean", crying cause i made a joke about her using film as opposed to digital being sarcastic saying digital is so mainstream.

-hes a jerk

-he and his friends are such jerks

There are some awesome girls out there, but some people just cry over stupid things.

I hate girls that start crying over trivial things, it makes me want just leave. crying because he takes too long to text back, crying cause her fund raising idea sucks, crying cause ppl dont support her idea and we are "mean", crying cause i made a joke about her using film as opposed to digital being sarcastic saying digital is so mainstream.

-hes a jerk

There are some awesome girls out there, but some people just cry over stupid things.

I'm pretty sure her problems are much deeper than just "crying over stupid things"

she might think a little bit about her low self-confidence and over-reacting emotions :confused:

-hes a jerk

I'm pretty sure her problems are much deeper than just "crying over stupid things"

she might think a little bit about her low self-confidence and over-reacting emotions :confused:

Yeah honestly, she probably can't help it. Just try to be understanding and see where it's really coming from. Maybe she's just super sensitive. I know personally I tend to cry over things that seem silly, and I wish I didn't... when it happens in public, it's really embarrassing, lol. And usually when people think it's something that's not a big deal, it represents something bigger. I know it may seem annoying to you, but try to be understanding and maybe don't make jokes if she doesn't react well to them.

Archived