Premed 101 Forums

Rant about life thread

thehockeykid

Every see those "crazy ex girlfriend" memes

well - this girl is the embodiment of those.

I never knew she was that crazy. She added me to FB.. I never accepted. She deleted her request and then re-added me.... so I was like f- it, whatever, I guess I'll add her.

I have done pretty well since then, avoiding situations, being as dismissive as possible, but it has gone to far. She is making me insane. She sits across from me at the library and stares... for hours..... AHHHHH. I don't know if this is some kind of cruel joke, or if she really is a psychopath, but one thing is for sure.... I have no f -ing clue how to get rid of her, and I am going to block/delete as soon as the semester is over.

Any advice till then?

(And I would like to avoid being a ****.... if possible)

She's not "crazy"; she probably still likes you and hopes that maybe she'll get another shot with you. Just go up to her and tell her honestly and clearly (and without being mean) that you don't like how she stares at you in the library because you don't like her and you don't want her getting involved in your life affairs anymore. And just find another place to study... After a while, she'll see that it's pointless and she'll leave you alone.

Make it clear to her that you have broken up with her for good, and that you're not going to change your mind. After all, you have given her hope by adding her to FB...

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every see those "crazy ex girlfriend" memes

well - this girl is the embodiment of those.

I never knew she was that crazy. She added me to FB.. I never accepted. She deleted her request and then re-added me.... so I was like f- it, whatever, I guess I'll add her.

I have done pretty well since then, avoiding situations, being as dismissive as possible, but it has gone to far. She is making me insane. She sits across from me at the library and stares... for hours..... AHHHHH. I don't know if this is some kind of cruel joke, or if she really is a psychopath, but one thing is for sure.... I have no f -ing clue how to get rid of her, and I am going to block/delete as soon as the semester is over.

Any advice till then?

(And I would like to avoid being a ****.... if possible)

Restraining order.

I came here to rant about how annoying people on facebook can be.

Random stranger(s) messages me to ask for advice on MCAT or a particular course, and I reply with a semi-detailed reply hoping it helps them. They don't even have the courtesy to reply back...not even a simple "thank you." (I can see that they've seen the message).

Or am I just being overly sensitive?

Another thing that's been bothering me lately - classmates who don't read instructions on the course syllabus/Moodle updates and then complain/act all shocked when the prof announces that the test/assignment is due next week. For the love of God it has been on Moodle since the first week of class. ughh lol

First off, I wouldn't reply to random strangers; maybe their just kidding you around. Or just tell them that you're no expert on the MCAT and that there are a lot of good websites out there... (The shorter the response, the better. They might just be fishing for data on you - you don't know).

Second, not everyone is as conscientious and a good planner as you are. No point in getting annoyed with your classmates.

Archived