Premed 101 Forums

Rant about life thread

thehockeykid

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmm, honestly, campus living has taught me that your 95 might got down from 30 over the average to like 27... remember, they have other tests... and there's a ton of slackers too, and not the fun arts kinda that have to lie to themselves about being d students... theyre cool, lol

Doesn't matter. You have an A+. Who cares about the rest of the class?

yeah, sometimes logics important, i kinda share your sentiments about fm, but comparing it to other options i would never bury it, since it leaves exit plans on the table for the future... 5 years of a gruelling res, unable to work beyond a narrow scope means little less flex, both financial, in terms of practice, and retraining, since taking a 65 percent paycut, at minimum, for another 4 years, sounds good when you imagine the end, but as of now, it's sort of like, yeah, **** it

True. Here's another annoying thing.

I would have a better shot getting into a specialty I at least find tolerable if I were to go to the Carib, do med school over again, and then apply for one of those IMG spots in Canada than I would if I went for an ROS out of the gate. WTF?

True. Here's another annoying thing.

I would have a better shot getting into a specialty I at least find tolerable if I were to go to the Carib, do med school over again, and then apply for one of those IMG spots in Canada than I would if I went for an ROS out of the gate. WTF?

Ugh. That is annoying. :(

• 1 month later...

I hate the people in my classes that think they have a "private conversations" with the professor. I just want to sit in lecture and learn to prepare for the test.

I also hate christmas shopping, right now it is so hard to find parking and line ups are just crazy. All this madness wants me to stay at home and do activities (bake, invite friends over, do hobbies)

I hate driving on the 404 it gets ridiculous going southbound. It is really bad before sheppard when all these people try to cut into the 401 lane. Toronto needs to get their transit system fix, no way could we host an olympic event here with all the traffic problems we already have

I also hate this girl who craves attention so much, it is so annoying. Every time I am around her I want to leave.

I hate people that brag about school. I do not need to hear how much you studied, I know everyone in my program studies for the tests and exams else they wouldn't be here.

Also think it is dumb that we can't see our final exams, unless we make a petition to the department and pay some bs fee

I thought we can have a thread where ppl rant about problems, maybe hearing other ppls problems will make ours not seem so bad or to take comfort in others are going through the same stuff.

I will start:

I didn't buy my textbooks till this weekend so i am a week behind reads (not cool). but instead of working on my readings i am out here typing up a thread (procrastination), so many reads, assignments and tests coming up!

I also started to date someone. I dont want to start to blow her off because i got school and stuff going on. On the bright side i am staying out of social life drama because i am too busy with school work to get caught up in petty fights.

My problem right now is a guy who asked me out and then disappeared. Its annoying me. Like just tell me if you don't want to anymore instead of leaving it so awkward. Now, if I ever see him again, I will probably run the other way.

:mad:

My problem right now is a guy who asked me out and then disappeared. Its annoying me. Like just tell me if you don't want to anymore instead of leaving it so awkward. Now, if I ever see him again, I will probably run the other way.

You saved yourself grief and good riddance. He is not your problem, just let it go and totally ignore him in the future.

Gastro bugs, eff you.

I'm so sick of cleaning up vomit. At least I know before med school that I can handle being puked on, but for frig's sake I'd rather that not happen ever again.

Something tells me vomit is the least of the internal secretion concerns involved in being a doctor hahah

Something tells me vomit is the least of the internal secretion concerns involved in being a doctor hahah

At some point, I've probably been far more familiar than I care to be with most of them.

Kids are disgusting. Wonderful, but disgusting. And I don't have the benefit of gloves, lol

Hi everyone - I am new here. In fact, this thread is just so perfect that I had to make an account just to be able to post here.

One of my marks just came out - i received a B for calculus. That made me feel nauseous and regret ever taking the course (what a shame to my asian ancestors). If i were smart, I would've dropped the course at first sign of failure. But I didn't. Because I genuinely believed that I'll conquer it, and more importantly I enjoyed it.

And then I thought to myself - why does it have to be like this. Why should we be only taking courses that get us high marks. I hate this system. I hate being just a number - especially when that number consumes you and becomes your life.

I LOVED this semester - I enjoyed every single course, even this bloody calculus. I love math. But my marks don't reflect that.

I suppose, in a perfect world, this system is supposed to measure how well we are learning - but it's not. Although in a perfect world, all I'd want are a perfect family and a perfect house and a perfect car and perfect teeth. Too bad I want more. I am too greedy for my own good.

I feel like everything is collapsing on me and I don't have the courage to face my own fears. I am scared of failure, and also scared of success. Perhaps I am just a coward. So many identity crisis questions - just in time for the apocalypse haha.

(Sorry for this unnecessarily necessary long post)

That feeling when you get the highest mark in a class, and that mark is an 82.

Friends don't let friends take writing-based courses.

i find certain professors mark easier on essay which they share the same view point. it forces me to write for the otherside, however this past essay i wrote from my own perspective because of a lack of time. feels like i could of gotten a better mark if i continued to write from my profs viewpoints

unrelated by i also hate repeating myself to people that have poor comprehension abilities

i find certain professors mark easier on essay which they share the same view point. it forces me to write for the otherside, however this past essay i wrote from my own perspective because of a lack of time. feels like i could of gotten a better mark if i continued to write from my profs viewpoints

unrelated by i also hate repeating myself to people that have poor comprehension abilities

main reason why i hate subjective marking:mad:

I am unable to find real hobbies as I cope with quitting my online addiction to computer games that have influenced me for so many years.

I want to change but every night follows the same routine.

I'm constantly conflicted over my motives to go into medicine, do I really want to dedicate my life to MSF or are these just false notions that I use to mask my love of money.

I am unable to find real hobbies as I cope with quitting my online addiction to computer games that have influenced me for so many years.

I want to change but every night follows the same routine.

I'm constantly conflicted over my motives to go into medicine, do I really want to dedicate my life to MSF or are these just false notions that I use to mask my love of money.

i try to keep myself busy to cope with that

FML, my mom is keep on getting in my way. She always starts to lean in the middle of the doorway to the kitchen, so i have to ask her to move (happens everyday). She also is keep on blocking the drawers when she is washing dishes, it is so mess up, she stand infront of the drawers but then leans her body to the left to access the sink...........

she also gets mad when she comes how and I dont come out of my room to say hi, clearly she doesn't understand I have work to do. get a dog if you want someone to run towards you when you come home

my dad is also getting on my nerves he is keep on being such an introvert and wont say something is bothering him when there clearly is.

FML, my mom is keep on getting in my way. She always starts to lean in the middle of the doorway to the kitchen, so i have to ask her to move (happens everyday). She also is keep on blocking the drawers when she is washing dishes, it is so mess up, she stand infront of the drawers but then leans her body to the left to access the sink...........

she also gets mad when she comes how and I dont come out of my room to say hi, clearly she doesn't understand I have work to do. get a dog if you want someone to run towards you when you come home

my dad is also getting on my nerves he is keep on being such an introvert and wont say something is bothering him when there clearly is.

And yet you come on an Internet forum to voice your displeasure instead of addressing your issues with those whom you have the problem with. Are you the pot or kettle?

Also if you don't like it there, you have an option: leave

What are you working on when it's the holidays?

more specifically the name of the thread is rant about life :) Clearly ranting isn't always going to be logical. People usually don't want a solution, they merely want to do the digital equivalent of hitting a punching bag.

You are dead on. :) And using this punching bag works as a healthy release, allowing people to get things off their mind.

Archived