Premed 101 Forums

Rant about life thread

thehockeykid

I thought we can have a thread where ppl rant about problems, maybe hearing other ppls problems will make ours not seem so bad or to take comfort in others are going through the same stuff.

I will start:

I didn't buy my textbooks till this weekend so i am a week behind reads (not cool). but instead of working on my readings i am out here typing up a thread (procrastination), so many reads, assignments and tests coming up!

I also started to date someone. I dont want to start to blow her off because i got school and stuff going on. On the bright side i am staying out of social life drama because i am too busy with school work to get caught up in petty fights.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, that's funny... for real, i'm happy with a feminine tomboy, kicking ass and taking names type... usually tend to be more cute than classic model hot, then again, what does a model like look like in ur mind, cus guys perceive this differently and assume were talking about the same thing.

^ we can't all date models like u muse

My husband had to go back to work early Sunday, so house and kid care is back to being 100% me. Only now I have school on top of it.

Fortunately, I've gotten hyper organized and am keeping well ahead on everything. Score one for mom skills: Live and die by the whiteboard calendar.

Life is going good right now, especially after how horrible last year was.

I have a decent job on campus, gotten rid of a lot of the negativity from the past year, focused on myself and becoming better over the summer. Overall, I'm in a better place mentally, physically, and emotionally. I'm ready to tackle this year.

That is great to hear! Good luck with the year :)

omg, your blog is adorable! love your little drawings :) the first pic is all to true about my cat :))

as for me - I've gotten pretty sick and have an assignment due monday.

Aren't you sweet? :) Despite feeling sick! How are you coping? Taking time this weekend to rest, I hope? And how big is the assignment?

Rant about life? lol. In the last 2 months:

Lost my car keys downtown, lost my $700 phone (had to get it replaced and pay full price), had a 5 month old solid state drive and a 1 yr old regular hard disk fail the SAME day, had my brand new replacement SSD fail last week, got into a collission that destroyed the bottom of my brand new car, resulting damage $7K and had to claim insurance so now I'm a higher risk driver (collision was unavoidable but is still, understandably, considered, an at fault collision), was mis-diagnosed with a terminal illness, had my video camera fail during a critical video recording event, had my laptop peed on by a dog, had my Amazon and Bank accounts hacked (yes, financial fraud was attempted too)...........

there's much more but I don't remember all the sh!t.

Feel better about your lives :D

Lost my car keys downtown, lost my $700 phone (had to get it replaced and pay full price), had a 5 month old solid state drive and a 1 yr old regular hard disk fail the SAME day, had my brand new replacement SSD fail last week, got into a collission that destroyed the bottom of my brand new car, resulting damage $7K and had to claim insurance so now I'm a higher risk driver (collision was unavoidable but is still, understandably, considered, an at fault collision), was mis-diagnosed with a terminal illness, had my video camera fail during a critical video recording event, had my laptop peed on by a dog, had my Amazon and Bank accounts hacked (yes, financial fraud was attempted too)...........

Omg that's insane! Hope everything is better now and I wish you better luck in the future =D

That's friggin brutal, sorry to hear that.

What the hell does your phone do that it costs $700, fly you to the Moon?

iPhone bought straight out is $800. Doesn't need to fly you anywhere. Just have an apple on the back.

Wow, sorry to hear that! Keep hanging in there, seriously, if you can take that 2 months you can kick anything in life's butt :).

First, hi everyone, since it's my first post on this forum. Maybe not the best choice of thread to start with, hehe.

The only thing I can really complain about at this time is the Quebec health system. I got sick in about a year ago, first time that I got something serious that I couldn't manage to treat at home. I could never imagine that it would take doctors so much to diagnose me properly, basically because I had to wait so much time to run all the required tests. I know it's not better in other provinces and US, but I just didn't expect to face such problems. Well, at least this made me super scary about getting sick, so now I'm even more into prevention, yay!

Btw, sorry for my English, that's not my first language, not even third, to be honest. :D

Maybe there were just as many good events during these 2 months? In the summer, people usually catch up on many things.

First, hi everyone, since it's my first post on this forum. Maybe not the best choice of thread to start with, hehe.

The only thing I can really complain about at this time is the Quebec health system. I got sick in about a year ago, first time that I got something serious that I couldn't manage to treat at home. I could never imagine that it would take doctors so much to diagnose me properly, basically because I had to wait so much time to run all the required tests. I know it's not better in other provinces and US, but I just didn't expect to face such problems. Well, at least this made me super scary about getting sick, so now I'm even more into prevention, yay!

Btw, sorry for my English, that's not my first language, not even third, to be honest. :D

Maybe you actually had something that required all of that? Maybe it wasn't the health care system?

Archived