Premed 101 Forums

Rant about life thread

thehockeykid

hate when the teacher assigns us groups for a project and i end up with a ****ty group

jsly0k.png

(More fun stuff at http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/college-explained-perfectly-in-pie-charts)

LOL I always end up doing everything in group projects because I don't trust anyone else with anything

The worst is when you can't do that anymore because only the premed keeners are left since everyone else has been weeded out. EVERYONE has that attitude, no one trusts anyone, all the members of your nine person group are arguing over who gets to do all the work, and you are all sitting around a table changing what everyone else wrote on a Google doc.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a first hand experience with physicians not being very clear today.

Injured myself (yeah, my bad, oops), and the doctor prescribed a splint. What the doctor said during the appointment made sense, so I just took the prescription when I left and didn't ask too many details (I was in pain, so probably not thinking very clearly). Took the prescription to the pharmacy in town that specializes in splints and similar supports and they had no idea what the doctor wanted. I described what she told me, and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Since we had no idea what the doctor actually meant when she wrote "splint", I then described my injury and they basically said "oh, you don't need a splint, you need one of these" and had me try on some different supports (not splints).

So I still have no idea if I have the right support or not, but fortunately I do have a physiotherapy appointment tomorrow. Hopefully my physio will be able to tell me if I have the right bandage/support.

Now I just need to find someone to substitute teach my fitness classes for me until I'm cleared to exercise again. There goes my stress relief for the end of the semester. :P

That feeling when you get the highest mark in a class, and that mark is an 82.

Friends don't let friends take writing-based courses.

This makes me feel better about the 81 I got in English (busted my ass for it!). Seriously, how can nobody score above 80-85? Perfect is 100% not 85%.

This makes me feel better about the 81 I got in English (busted my ass for it!). Seriously, how can nobody score above 80-85? Perfect is 100% not 85%.

A friend of mine was told by her English prof "It isn't easy to get 100% in English like it is in science. In my class, perfect is 85%."

I made a note not to take English from that prof...

[

The worst is when you can't do that anymore because only the premed keeners are left since everyone else has been weeded out. EVERYONE has that attitude, no one trusts anyone, all the members of your nine person group are arguing over who gets to do all the work, and you are all sitting around a table changing what everyone else wrote on a Google doc.

this was my group for 2290 kunit. i prefer hard working ppl then lazy ppl

When I took first year English ages ago, the midterm had a failing average. My TA personally thanked me for doing well and restoring his faith in humanity. I got a 73.

I stopped taking humanities courses after that :P

I think there should be a highly enforced law concerning slow drivers IN PERFECTLY FINE WEATHER CONDITIONS. I mean, it's OK to go 45-49km/h in a 50km/h zone, but when you're going 30km/h and the cars behind you have to go even less, it's a one-lane street and you have a ways to go, you should be fined.:mad: :mad: These sorts of people anger me at the wheel more than anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

i hate being around my father. He is so traditional and stubborn.

Back in my day....

-We didn't have phones

-When I was your age I was working full time

-My parents didn't have money to give me

**** why is he so goddamn so judgmental. Basically thinks I should be working full time while in university to be earning money. Wants me to be educated and have money

It's frustrating how in Quebec, anglophones have to take a french language test (that is pretty hard) and score above 86% to have a valid application for some french medical schools. It especially sucks when you score just below that cutoff... AH!

Med school textbooks are apparently all in English anyways, so why use this french test as a qualifying condition?

I'd like to see some francophones take it!

i hate being around my father. He is so traditional and stubborn.

Back in my day....

-We didn't have phones

**** why is he so goddamn so judgmental. Basically thinks I should be working full time while in university to be earning money. Wants me to be educated and have money

You can tell him that back in his day, getting into med school required a 3.4 and 25 on MCAT. If that was the case today, we'd all be working full time while attending school and be rich when we graduate:)

Back in my day....

-We didn't have phones

I never understood that state of mind. "When I was your age I didn't have X, Y, and Z." Good. You have successfully provided your child a better start in life than you had; that should be the goal of every parent. If your kid doesn't have to work through school, that is a good thing. If you can provide that for them, you should be happy. "My parents never had money to give me." Yeah, but now you do. Woo! High five! Now they can focus on school without worrying about how they're going to eat. Feels good man.

Note that doesn't mean you should spoil them. Warren Buffet said something once about giving his children enough money that they feel like they can do anything, but not enough that they feel like they can do nothing.

So, it is absolutely ridiculous, but it bugs me when Canadians spell "pay cheque" the American way.

To me, a "cheque" or "pay cheque" involves money of some sort.

A "check" is a mark you make on a paper, or something that you do to make sure that something is working properly.

Whenever I see "check" used instead of "cheque" is drives me batty!

(and don't get me started on colour, neighbour, honour, etc.)

So, it is absolutely ridiculous, but it bugs me when Canadians spell "pay cheque" the American way.

To me, a "cheque" or "pay cheque" involves money of some sort.

A "check" is a mark you make on a paper, or something that you do to make sure that something is working properly.

Whenever I see "check" used instead of "cheque" is drives me batty!

(and don't get me started on colour, neighbour, honour, etc.)

Agreed. Never understood it and it's nothing about Canadian vs US. Its just dumb all around

Every see those "crazy ex girlfriend" memes

well - this girl is the embodiment of those.

I never knew she was that crazy. She added me to FB.. I never accepted. She deleted her request and then re-added me.... so I was like f- it, whatever, I guess I'll add her.

I have done pretty well since then, avoiding situations, being as dismissive as possible, but it has gone to far. She is making me insane. She sits across from me at the library and stares... for hours..... AHHHHH. I don't know if this is some kind of cruel joke, or if she really is a psychopath, but one thing is for sure.... I have no f -ing clue how to get rid of her, and I am going to block/delete as soon as the semester is over.

Any advice till then?

(And I would like to avoid being a ****.... if possible)

• 7 months later...

I came here to rant about how annoying people on facebook can be.

Random stranger(s) messages me to ask for advice on MCAT or a particular course, and I reply with a semi-detailed reply hoping it helps them. They don't even have the courtesy to reply back...not even a simple "thank you." (I can see that they've seen the message).

Or am I just being overly sensitive?

Another thing that's been bothering me lately - classmates who don't read instructions on the course syllabus/Moodle updates and then complain/act all shocked when the prof announces that the test/assignment is due next week. For the love of God it has been on Moodle since the first week of class. ughh lol

Archived