Premed 101 Forums

UBC Interview Invites/Regrets

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is from an earlier post. No idea when to expect rejections, but it looks like you wouldn't necessarily hear today

There are people who applied early that got their rejections the other day

I'm just trying to convince myself rejections are done now lol :o :o

Last year there were a lot rejections sending out on Wednesdayafternoon. Was there any rejection on Thursday last year?

I heard that there have even been rejections on Friday previously. Pretty brutal. Just goes to show you that you never know until they tell you, even if its Friday at 4:29pm.

Last year there were a lot rejections sending out on Wednesdayafternoon. Was there any rejection on Thursday last year?

According to the earlier posts here and from last year, nothing was sent out Thursday. But last year there were no IP rejections on Monday, so it's already been a bit different for 2012.

Since the UBC said that applicants who meet the early-deadline will get ONE day earlier to find out about their interview/book interview, I'd assume that ALL of the invitations will be sent out on tomorrow, in which case there is no reason to hold back the rejection letters until friday too...

My guess is tomorrow will be D-DAY for everyone.. Lol

hmmm could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I got my rejection on Thursday last year. But yeah as others have said, I think all bets are off, just cus UBC did it one way once, doesn't mean they'll do it again. And maybe it's my nerves talking, but I have a feeling that not all the rejections went out on Monday, there weren't enough posts on PM101 to represent all the applicants getting rejections. Sure hope I'm wrong though!

Edit: my bad, i was rejected on Weds last year, just checked

All bets are off! There is no pattern this year. Last year you had DQ and intelligible, then OOP rejections, then OOP invites. Then IP rejections and finally invites if memory serves correct. This year supposedly some invites went out on day one coupled with IP and OOP rejections lol. I'm super nervous.

hmmm could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I got my rejection on Thursday last year. But yeah as others have said, I think all bets are off, just cus UBC did it one way once, doesn't mean they'll do it again. And maybe it's my nerves talking, but I have a feeling that not all the rejections went out on Monday, there weren't enough posts on PM101 to represent all the applicants getting rejections. Sure hope I'm wrong though!

Edit: my bad, i was rejected on Weds last year, just checked

I was thinking the same thing! Only a few people posted their rejections, so it feels like there are still more to come, but like you said, hopefully not!

My spidey senses say that yes, there will certainly be more rejections that are yet to come.

From this thread, the highest scores are between 60-61 that are rejected. In the latest blog it says that some spplicants' scores may very close to the cut-off line, that means 61-62.05. So assume that there will be some of rejections comming out tomorrow.

From this thread, the highest scores are between 60-61 that are rejected. In the latest blog it says that some spplicants' scores may very close to the cut-off line, that means 61-62.05. So assume that there will be some of rejections comming out tomorrow.

We don't really know the definition of "very close". I think 61 is pretty damn close to the cut-off! Also not everyone might post on this thread.

However I do think there will be more rejections to come.,. :'(

Well we know that the cut-off is 62.05, so 61 would seem to be very close to the cut-off...

Some people missed it by tenths last year, so I guess a full point off in the committees eyes isn't 'close'. But I do agree, using only GPA and extracurriculars to get an interview leaves a lot of people in a tough situation. I wouldn't mind them incorporating the MCAT into another category because at least it gives you another chance to make up for weaknesses in GPA or extracurriculars.

Edit: Possibly use the averages of each section (ie. 10/11/11 P) and every point you get above the average gets added onto your score.

Archived