Premed 101 Forums

UBC Interview Invites/Regrets

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for the double reply - Just took a look at William Hwang - Oh my sweet baby jesus that kid has done it all!

My sister won the Rhodes a couple of years ago, but her accomplishment is mere compared to his.

Does your sister happen to have the initials E.P.??

that's a lot of non-academic hours!!! do u mind me asking if you are still a student/undergrad/master/Ph.D or working? 

I just graduated from my BSC this spring (@ 22yrs old). I started working in a research lab in my second year of university. After graduating, I signed on to a 1 year full time clinical internship at a medical centre working simultaneously on a number (3-5) of research projects and clinical initiatives.

About half of my volunteering is in the Emergency Department, a bunch related to teaching music, some in the area of children's camps and programs, volunteering in a dental clinic, first aid... . Come to think about it, it is probably more like 2000 hours.

For my high-school and university years, when I wasn't studying or sleeping, I was either in the lab or volunteering.

For me, I decided to go for an 86% average and get some great life experiences, rather than have a 90% average and only average non academic score. hopefully it works out...

I hope this answers your question, but let me know if I can clarify on any details.

IP, invited for interview!

4th year.

aGPA: 83.5%

Did not meet early deadline.

2nd time applicant

(Regrets, no interview last year. Likely because I couldn't drop my lowest year yet.)

Sent at 10:26 AM.

I hope this gives everyone with low GPAs hope! :) I definitely was not expecting to get an interview.

INTERVIEW!

IP applicant

Pursing second degree

OGPA: 83.56

YES!!

invite, IP, 82% GPA, 4th year, 2nd time application, last year NAQ was between 36-37. this year paid more attention on the wording, expecially adding what I gained from the activities aside from role, responsibility, accomplishment. This helps from my experience.

Archived