Premed 101 Forums

UBC Interview Invites/Regrets

I received an invite last year and got wait listed and was well above the interview cutoff but the large drop in people's NAQ scores has me worried! I have done better this year at not checking my email every few minutes though. Anyone else a repeat interviewer hoping for another chance?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I received an invite last year and got wait listed and was well above the interview cutoff but the large drop in people's NAQ scores has me worried! I have done better this year at not checking my email every few minutes though. Anyone else a repeat interviewer hoping for another chance?

If you get wait listed do you see your AQ and NAQ?

so what do you guys think my chances are:

MCAT - met minimums (easy)

OGPA - 92 and 95 in the past two year

NAQ - competed in sports internationally, student council at school, run my own societies, volunteered in third world country, study abroad, took two years off before undergrad

I haven't gotten an email yet, I don't know if that is a good or bad thing though.

(rolls eyes)... Please post in some kind of "what are my chances" thread....

No offense was meant, I am just anxious about getting an interview as I have already applied.

I figured people who have been rejected may be able to compare themselves to me and help me out.

Sorry if the post was not in the correct thread :)

so what do you guys think my chances are:

MCAT - met minimums (easy)

OGPA - 92 and 95 in the past two year

NAQ - competed in sports internationally, student council at school, run my own societies, volunteered in third world country, study abroad, took two years off before undergrad

I haven't gotten an email yet, I don't know if that is a good or bad thing though.

horrible u will never get in

... so am I

apologize for my attitude before, thought yoo were IP. If you are OOP then there still is a chance (unfortunately) that you may get rejected. OOP standards are pretty crazy! But with your NAQ stuff I still think you have a solid chance. I'd say 50/50 currently just like the rest of us :o

IMO OOPs with 90%+ (50 AQ) chances are really just proportional to their NAQ, which is hard to estimate unless you either have no ECs or you are William Hwang

Sorry for the double reply - Just took a look at William Hwang - Oh my sweet baby jesus that kid has done it all!

My sister won the Rhodes a couple of years ago, but her accomplishment is mere compared to his.

The bolded text means that the AQ score is a scaled score. So, you could have an GPA of 80, for example, but if the average GPA for the applicant pool is 95, your AQ score would be low. 80 is still a respectable GPA, but would be lower relative to other applicants.

The second part basically means that if your overall or adjusted GPA is correct, then the AQ score has to be right.

Hope that helps!

I'm confused. This is from their blog:

AQ Score = OGPA (if not eligible for AGPA) or AGPA, converted to a number out of 50 (50 is the maximum score). That’s it- the AQ score is just your OGPA or AGPA, automatically converted to a number out of 50 by our computer system. The conversion mechanism is confidential. Just a warning: your AQ score might be really low, like 5 or out of 50, even if you have a good GPA. As long as your OGPA or AGPA is right, your AQ score is also right.

Could someone clarify the part in bold?

Guess you haven't read through this thread. There was a rejection post by someone earlier who mentioned a 90+ average with no interview.

As one of the people that you're referring to, I want to add that I think you will have a better NAQ score than mine. Good luck :)

Just got an invite!

Early applicant, P for last name

In province,

GPA 86%,

Non academic-:

Lots of university club stuff,

3 years of research, 1.5 lab based, 1.5 clinical, full time in summers and part time throughout year. Currently full time.

Other volunteering (1500hrs)

Best of luck to the rest of You!

that's a lot of non-academic hours!!! do u mind me asking if you are still a student/undergrad/master/Ph.D or working? 

Archived