Premed 101 Forums

Useful Queen Stats

Hello all,

I took few minutes and sifted through threads to compile the following:

2011, EMAILs were sent for both invites and rejections at 11:22AM and it was a WEDNESDAY January 26.

2012, EMAILs were sent for both invites and rejections at 11:20AM and it was a FRIDAY January 27.

2012 stats: 3359 applicants, 456 applicants were invited, 100 were admitted.

All times are in EST.

I hope this is useful to others.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 stats: 3359 applicants, 456 applicants were invited, 100 were admitted.

Just out of curiosity, how many of these applicants would you say had a 3.7+ GPA and a 30+ MCAT?

Everyone says admission is very competitive (and I'm certainly NOT denying this) but I just think more than half of these applicants were NOT even close to being competitive (3.7+ GPA and 30+ MCAT). A great number of applicants probably apply on the basis of minimum cut-offs.

Just out of curiosity, how many of these applicants would you say had a 3.7+ GPA and a 30+ MCAT?

Everyone says admission is very competitive (and I'm certainly NOT denying this) but I just think more than half of these applicants were NOT even close to being competitive (3.7+ GPA and 30+ MCAT). A great number of applicants probably apply on the basis of minimum cut-offs.

I was wondering the same thing. That's a lot of people applying. I would even take it a step further and say that only 1000-1500 people actually get past the academic cutoffs. Obviously, that's pure speculation.

i wonder if there's data on how many they actually 'accepted' compared to 'matriculated'

i bet there are! where they are, i do not know. does 50-66% of class capacity seem reasonable for waitlist? leaves room for a few to be left hanging, while accounting for the fact that many applicants get multiple acceptances? speeeeeeeecuuuuuuulaaaaaaaaationnnnnnnnnnn.

3359 : total

-350 : due to late letters

-1000 : low MCAT or GPA

-1500 : ECs not strong enough

And if there is data, trojjanhorse will find it!

Heard all the file reviews are done at Queen's - news coming out soon...

Good luck everyone!

lol I don't think I can as that info is not readily available and the sample size here is way too minuscule to even bother.

I'm nervous about tomorrow...

Archived