Premed 101 Forums

Useful Queen Stats

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ottawa and Queen's tomorrow? This is going to be an incredibly stressful day for me!

Should be nice and quick though - uOttawa sent theirs last year super early (it was right at the beginning of my morning class :P ) and followed with rejections a little while later. And then if Queen's follows their trend of ~11:20 then it'll all be over by noon!

Should be nice and quick though - uOttawa sent theirs last year super early (it was right at the beginning of my morning class :P ) and followed with rejections a little while later. And then if Queen's follows their trend of ~11:20 then it'll all be over by noon!

i hope so! the suspense would be too much for me otherwise!

OK so the wait was driving me insane so finally decided to call the office this afternoon and I was told that interview invites and rejections will be sent before their office closes tomorrow (everything at the same time)!:eek:

Hopefully that helps! and GL everyone, im keeping my fingers crossed!

i'd lol if you were trolling LOL

So... you're only counting on your Mac interview this cycle (and obviously you can apply to UWO next year for a guaranteed interview... if you're still applying :))? Who knows, you might be pleasantly surprised this cycle with a few more interviews. Although I have no idea what your 'below average' ECs actually are, I have a feeling that they can't be as bad as you make them sound.

Just wanted to add one more thing as well:

It's fairly rare that I come across someone who actually has a better GPA and MCAT (total score, because my VR isn't amazing) than me. You've beaten me in both regards. No wonder that US school emailed you :D

Haha aww, that's so nice of you! And don't you worry, I'm sure you beat me in both the ECs and personality departments :P. But anyways yup, only counting on Mac this year, and next year I will aim for Mac, UWO, Sask and Manitoba.. yay for random-ish schools.

lol yes please don't be trolling ;).

I'm expecting a rejection since my last 2 are like 0.04 off from the supposed cut off of around 3.75 but it'd be nice to get it over with...

I don't really understand how they look at GPA. I know they look at cGPA and then if it doesn't make cutoffs, your last 2 years. Does this mean they will try to fill up as many spots as they can with cGPA cutoffs, then when those interviews are filled, go to the 2 year cutoff?

So basically I'm not sure how good my chances of an interview are. My MCAT was 36Q, but cGPA is crap (3.66). Last two years though would be 3.85. I think my ECs are pretty good too. Any thoughts? I guess I will just see tomorrow.

Does anyone know as to whether Queen's will send its interviewees a physical package in the mail? Or is it all done online through Aditus?

EDIT: "all done online" as in, obtain all the information we need to know apart from signing up for the interview dates themselves.

That would be hilarious. Also, I bet the Queens adcom is having fun browsing these forums

What time do these people start work lol.

lol. i bet they saw this activity and just decided to mess with you this way LOL. all the 11 am stuff. "hey, uhhhh they think we're gonna send out at 11 AM (LOLOLOLOL)" "ya LOL let's just send them out at like 8 am EST to mess with them. that'll especially get the people from BC."

lol. i bet they saw this activity and just decided to mess with you this way LOL. all the 11 am stuff. "hey, uhhhh they think we're gonna send out at 11 AM (LOLOLOLOL)" "ya LOL let's just send them out at like 8 am EST to mess with them. that'll especially get the people from BC."

haha, that was me over here in BC...surprisingly my phone actually woke me up when it came through at 520! excited though and keen to meet everybody!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived