Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Interviews

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejection!

Kingston is too cold for me anyway :P

On a serious note, I'm surprised at some of the people who have been rejected. Lots of really high numbers going around! Here's hoping we all find a spot somewhere.

I would bet that its a glitch where everyone got rejected after the system went down. Way too many people with impressive stats getting canned

I would bet that its a glitch where everyone got rejected after the system went down. Way too many people with impressive stats getting canned

Mayhaps. Not a lot of invites in that thread period.

I for one am going to assume it's legit, and look into beefing up my ECs in case (Odin forbid) I apply again next year.

Nevermind, got rejected. Anyone know what queen's looks at pre-interview? I had a 3.99 GPA, 11VR (39 MCAT), unique long-term ECs...

oh god are you serious??

I feel horrible for my interview now - I have low everything :(

I feel sick at the prospect that they may take my interview invite back cause of a glitch :(

I agree we should assume the worst but let's hope for the best haha

I think this is the best approach for now. It could well be technical issues, but there were some people with great stats last year who got rejected pre-interview, not sure why. Queen's is always a bit of a coin toss - be patient, let the dust settle and see how things stand then.

I think this is the best approach for now. It could well be technical issues, but there were some people with great stats last year who got rejected pre-interview, not sure why. Queen's is always a bit of a coin toss - be patient, let the dust settle and see how things stand then.

how long did it take for when the post-interview rejections all went out, and then they sent out appropriate invites? what was the time frame when the realized the error?

looking at interview stats - it's insane the stats of rejections (close to perfect gpas).. along with what looks like pretty good ECs.

oh god are you serious??

I feel horrible for my interview now - I have low everything :(

I feel sick at the prospect that they may take my interview invite back cause of a glitch :(

Yeeppp definitely feeling some survivor`s guilt right now... My stats don`t nearly compare with some of you. I guess my application is kind of unique but it`s really nothing spectacular.

how long did it take for when the post-interview rejections all went out, and then they sent out appropriate invites? what was the time frame when the realized the error?

looking at interview stats - it's insane the stats of rejections (close to perfect gpas).. along with what looks like pretty good ECs.

Last year (when I applied) I remember it being fairly smooth, so they all came out it a relatively narrow time frame. I don't remember any errors last year either.

As for stats, Queen's has moved towards a more holistic approach, but they still seem to be less concerned about GPA after cutoffs. A 3.99 looks amazing, but probably doesn't count for much more than a 3.80 (disclaimer: this is pure speculation on my part). ECs have generally been the defining marker of a Queen's interview. That's where the coin-toss element comes from, unfortunately :P

Yeeppp definitely feeling some survivor`s guilt right now... My stats don`t nearly compare with some of you. I guess my application is kind of unique but it`s really nothing spectacular.

survivor's guilt is EXACTLY it.. really thinking there's been some kind of mistake, there is nothing extra special about my application!

Nevermind, got rejected. Anyone know what queen's looks at pre-interview? I had a 3.99 GPA, 11VR (39 MCAT), unique long-term ECs...

That's ridiculous!

I got this directly off of Queen's website:

Candidates should emphasize in the autobiographical sketch those areas of experience that include particular interest in advisory work, community work, fine arts, health care, employment, literature, organization, teaching and travel.

But just about every extracurricular activity out there fall into one of those categories.

Maybe your references/CAFs weren't ideal? (Unless you know for sure)

Archived