Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Interviews

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish they'd mentioned the reason, like Ottawa and Western! From looking at the stats thread, it seems that there was likely a minimum overall MCAT score cutoff which I didn't meet with my measly 10/11/10...

I don't think it was the MCAT, because from the looks of the stats thread I think the minimums stayed around the same at 10-10-10.

I don't think it was the MCAT, because from the looks of the stats thread I think the minimums stayed around the same at 10-10-10.

The theory is the minimums are the same but the overall is higher (32) Could be wrong though. I haven't seen a score from an invited applicant below 32 (or 33 for that matter).

The theory is the minimums are the same but the overall is higher (32) Could be wrong though. I haven't seen a score from an invited applicant below 32 (or 33 for that matter).

I was going to mention something like that. Although people are posting with a 10 in one section, they have much higher in the others. So the overall must be around 32ish.

I was going to mention something like that. Although people are posting with a 10 in one section, they have much higher in the others. So the overall must be around 32ish.

It's just so crazy. It can't just be the lack of WS. There must be substantially more applications. My guess is more people 1.) reapplying and 2.) a lot of people went back to school post-recession or a little after and are now just applying. I honestly did not think Ontario could become more competitive than it already is. Wonderful place to live and we have a lot to be thankful for (we have it really good), but the wrong place to be born if you want to go into medicine.

Queen's is always a colossal f-up every year with invites. You'd think that they could iron out a process that they must repeat every single year without fail. I was part of the year where they sent people invites and then had to retract the invites!

My point is that it would totally be in character for them to leave it over the weekend.

I think this year with the server going down was just an really unfortunate incident! I really doubt they would leave it over the weekend, they know that a lot of people are just waiting to hear back and are probably working their best to send everything out. I hope everyone hears soon whether good or bad!

It's just so crazy. It can't just be the lack of WS. There must be substantially more applications. My guess is more people 1.) reapplying and 2.) a lot of people went back to school post-recession or a little after and are now just applying. I honestly did not think Ontario could become more competitive than it already is. Wonderful place to live and we have a lot to be thankful for (we have it really good), but the wrong place to be born if you want to go into medicine.

I know, the stats this year are getting ridiculously crazy! The WS definitely has something to do with that I think....I mean look at Western who bumped up their BS from 10 to 12!! But also, I agree that a lot more people are re-applying and it's just causing a larger and larger build-up of candidates.

Queen's is always a colossal f-up every year with invites. You'd think that they could iron out a process that they must repeat every single year without fail. I was part of the year where they sent people invites and then had to retract the invites!

My point is that it would totally be in character for them to leave it over the weekend.

woah are you serious? :eek::(

I know queen's focuses on ECs.. so not competitive at all. how long after giving invites, did they retract the invites ?

Archived