Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Interviews

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I may have been rejected. I wonder if they put BS up to 11. This was supposed to be my winning year with a vastly improved gpa and ECs, and then the WS disappears and competitiveness goes up. Who would have thought. I guess it's either Calgary or the US (I have an acceptance at MUCOM in Indianapolis).

Isnt queens a "Cutoff" based school for interviews?

"How much emphasis is placed on academic and how much on extracurricular activities?

Applicants are assessed in sequential steps. The first steps are based on academic requirements - the GPA and MCAT scores. Applicants who successfully make these cuts are invited for an interview and their academic marks are no longer considered in the admission process. Those applicants are then assessed based on personal experiences and personal characteristics through an interview."

So, if you have a GPA/MCAT that is higher than some of the ones posted on the forum. Shouldn't one get have gotten an interview as well

Just wondering because i had a 3.80 CGPA, 3.91 Last 2 GPA, and 35 MCAT 13/11/11 S

I had exact same stats but with a 34 MCAT (12/11/11). I think after you make cutoffs they look at your reference letters and your ABS.

Isnt queens a "Cutoff" based school for interviews?

"How much emphasis is placed on academic and how much on extracurricular activities?

Applicants are assessed in sequential steps. The first steps are based on academic requirements - the GPA and MCAT scores. Applicants who successfully make these cuts are invited for an interview and their academic marks are no longer considered in the admission process. Those applicants are then assessed based on personal experiences and personal characteristics through an interview."

So, if you have a GPA/MCAT that is higher than some of the ones posted on the forum. Shouldn't one get have gotten an interview as well

Just wondering because i had a 3.80 CGPA, 3.91 Last 2 GPA, and 35 MCAT 13/11/11 S

The ECs are judged prior to receiving an interview invite. I 100% guarantee it.

I'm pretty sure it is BS 11 now. Med schools like BS better than PS and VR better than BS for admissions purposes. Plus, the number of applicants has gone up this year, so BS becomes a more reasonable option for lowering the applicant #. I can't believe my only invite is OOP and at a place I almost did not apply to.

I'm pretty sure it is BS 11 now. Med schools like BS better than PS and VR better than BS for admissions purposes. Plus, the number of applicants has gone up this year, so BS becomes a more reasonable option for lowering the applicant #. I can't believe my only invite is OOP and at a place I almost did not apply to.

I just got an invite with a BS of 10

Edit: But I'm a grad student so I don't know if that gives me leniency with the MCAT. 13 VR and 12 PS were the scores on the other 2 sections.

Archived