Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

I'll be the pessimist!

In all likelihood, they've reviewed all the applications by now, those of us who haven't heard are either "for sure reject" or "probably reject" and the only reason they haven't told us yet is JUST IN CASE someone with a march 29/30 interview cancels and they need to select someone else.

So they won't let us know til March 28, probably?

For this, they technically only need to hold on to approx 100 people. not as many as they have yet to reject. Unless >100 people have very very very important plans on that weekend.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting!

I was just wondering if there were any other grad applicants out there still waiting...and if you are how are you scheduling your defense?!

It's hard to know whether it should be before or after June 30th!

Definitely lots of us grad applicants left! I'm scheduling everything to be done before June 30, because better safe than sorry? Also I would desperately like to be done this degree as soon as possible.

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting!

I was just wondering if there were any other grad applicants out there still waiting...and if you are how are you scheduling your defense?!

It's hard to know whether it should be before or after June 30th!

Also a grad applicant still waiting ... but pretty much expecting the worst.

Defended already.

I was a grad applicant and from what I've heard and experienced, the June deadline is not strict. Bottom line is, don't worry too much about the deadline, just make sure you've booked one by then. I defended in July and that was totally fine.

This is only a guess, but I think the point of the deadline is so that you won't just ditch your PI and leave the project hanging if you get in to med school.

Also, judging from the interview invites thread, invites for March 2nd were still going out on February 18th. That gives interviewees 12 days of notice. There's still PLENTY of time left before it's 12 days before March 29/30th.

Stay positive and don't worry too much (easier said than done)! Just think of how anxious you would be AFTER your interview. The waiting never ends!

Also, judging from the interview invites thread, invites for March 2nd were still going out on February 18th. That gives interviewees 12 days of notice. There's still PLENTY of time left before it's 12 days before March 29/30th.

Stay positive and don't worry too much (easier said than done)! Just think of how anxious you would be AFTER your interview. The waiting never ends!

I would be less anxious. Considerably less anxious given that my odds would have increased from about 1 in 7 to 1 in 2......................................but then again, probably not.

I would be less anxious. Considerably less anxious given that my odds would have increased from about 1 in 7 to 1 in 2......................................but then again, probably not.

I guarantee it makes it worse, lol. Because now you have no idea how much the interview is worth so the possibilities are endless...

I know it's really hard, but wouldn't it be better to pretend that you were rejected and stop thinking about it? Therefore if you are actually rejected, you have already come to terms with it, and if you are actually accepted than you get a nice surprise?

Also, the waiting after interview looks like it would be much better than waiting to see if you get an interview...but it really isn't!!

I know it's really hard, but wouldn't it be better to pretend that you were rejected and stop thinking about it? Therefore if you are actually rejected, you have already come to terms with it, and if you are actually accepted than you get a nice surprise?

Also, the waiting after interview looks like it would be much better than waiting to see if you get an interview...but it really isn't!!

You're absolutely correct, I've already had two interviews so it has been at the back of my mind although I don't interview again until the weekend of the 22nd so I have some time before my big weekend of three interviews. Plus I'm on reading week so what else am I supposed ot do other than worry.

As someone who was hanging in the balance with UofT last year, while having other interviews, I disagree. You've gotta hold onto every last thread of hope!

As someone who was hanging in the balance with UofT last year, while having other interviews, I disagree. You've gotta hold onto every last thread of hope!

Staying hopeful is good, but if it is causing stress, is it not better to just forget about it? Stressing about getting an interview or not will make not difference in the outcome but may make a difference in your quality of life for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

I guess it depends on the type of person you are. If staying hopeful will help you wait until you get a decision then staying hopeful is probably beneficial. If not knowing is stressing people out, then it would probably be better to just assume rejection and be pleasantly surprised if you get an invite.

Just my 0.02$, that being said there is probably no perfect way of waiting for a "life changing" decision.

Archived